Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes off in the house

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Yes I do, and I expect my house guests to do so also
    Jaysus lad's sounds to me if you have a no shoe rule you must live in a area that is basically surrounded by animal ****e.

I would suggest forget the no shoe rule just move to a ****e free area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

campo wrote: »
    Jaysus lad's sounds to me if you have a no shoe rule you must live in a area that is basically surrounded by animal ****e.

I would suggest forget the no shoe rule just move to a ****e free area

I live in a country where its general convention..... Never really thought about it when I lived in Ireland but I would have worn slippers probably most of the time.

I just dont understand how somebody would be annoyed EITHER WAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

wearing no shoes in the house is good for as it circulates the blood easier. But I still rather wear my shoeses. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I take my shoes off for comfort in my own house but wouldn't ask guests to do so. The floors are cleaned regularly so I don't see the problem.

I would HATE to be asked to take my shoes off in someone else's house and handed a pair of slippers to wear. I think putting your feet into shoes or slippers that have been worn by numerous other people is disgusting. god knows what you might catch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ronjo wrote: »

Why would you be annoyed it someone said "There are a few pairs of slippers there, will you just lob of your shoes and throw on a pair, thanks a lot"

Have you never seen sex and the city? The shoes make the outfit, duh!

Seriously though, it's just uncomfortable for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

When we have friends over we will leave slippers out. I guess less than 50% will put them on but quite a few do but as I say its totally normal here and the only time there was an issue was when one of my sisters got arsey about it on a trip over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

sesswhat wrote: »
    It's also important that babies or toddlers never play outside, in case they come into contact with the natural environment.

Or could the biggest danger be the **** that is inside the heads of some parents.

My kids ALWAYS played outside, crawling in the garden, fields, etc...

Now...I did not let them crawl down the path in town, or along a city street. Ummmmm...I wonder why that could be? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

With regard to the debate going on about the safety of children - I was sweeping the kitchen floor where my toddler at the time was crawling and was shocked to find a large lump of broken glass. Someone (either my husband or his friend) had been wearing shoes that they had gone out in the previous night stood on a broken pint glass which lodged in their shoe and dislodged on my kitchen floor. After that I became a bit OCD about sweeping the floor everytime someone came into the house until the children were no longer crawling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

My kids ALWAYS played outside, crawling in the garden, fields, etc...

Now...I did not let them crawl down the path in town, or along a city street. Ummmmm...I wonder why that could be? :rolleyes:

Obviously, everything on your list being exclusive to urban streets and footpaths.
    If the kids gotta lick off their hands the detritus of snail snot, dog leak, hedgehog scumble, bird poop, dead slug, etc etc etc ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Simple question here people. If you had a gun to your head and were given two choices: would you prefer to lick the sole of your shoe, or the base of your sock?

Personally, I would go for the sock. Hence why I take my shoes off when walking on my carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

What about the arse of your trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

No I don't, feet are disgusting
    Shoes off, flip-flops on over socks. As natural as flicking the switch on the kettle. Is this a man thing? Don't feel right without the flippers covering my socks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

cofy wrote: »
    With regard to the debate going on about the safety of children - I was sweeping the kitchen floor where my toddler at the time was crawling and was shocked to find a large lump of broken glass. Someone (either my husband or his friend) had been wearing shoes that they had gone out in the previous night stood on a broken pint glass which lodged in their shoe and dislodged on my kitchen floor. After that I became a bit OCD about sweeping the floor everytime someone came into the house until the children were no longer crawling.
    The lads had a few 'night timers' and dropped a glass during proceedings. They were too scared to tell you. I can understand that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

oldyouth wrote: »
    The lads had a few 'night timers' and dropped a glass during proceedings. They were too scared to tell you. I can understand that

:D:D Scared of me, I wish. It is a plausable explanation - only for one thing, my husband will not drink at home.

Advertisement