Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I know people can only give limited amounts of time in which to log on and I have no problem with a bid not being dealt with within a few days as long as the manager has not logged in but I have an issue with managers logging on everyday and not bothering to sort out the bid one way or another. I'd understand if the manager posted on the forum about the bid looking to tempt someone else into bidding but I just can't accept a bid being totally ignored for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    It seems every time i bid for a player Barca bid for the same player 30 seconds later!!!!

So not just me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cheeky bid by Malaga rejected :P

Well off to get drunk, try later!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow steered Chivas de Guadalajara to victory against FC Porto.
    Chivas de Guadalajara outclassed FC Porto and beat them 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Araujo and Duff were amongst the goalscorers.

Always nice to get a win over a team with better players and from a higher division.

Once again, dominated possession (60%), over twice as many shots, and 3 times more shots on target. And 10 times more corners :P Nice to see that translate into a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Cheeky bid by Malaga rejected :P

Well off to get drunk, try later!!!!

Don't think it was that cheeky! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Lucky you! None of mine moved.... :'(

Bought for 10k just 10 days ago, now worth 220k! How do ya like them economics Merkel!??! :D:D:D:D

249318.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Im sure I can loan those players but the strength in those positions theory must be wrong! I have Nilmar, Ronaldinho, Tello, Morata up front, all rated much higher than 78 so surely I should be allowd to loan out junior if I see fit?
    And of course just as I say that!!! Chairman all of a sudden does not have a problem loaning him out!

I don't think it is wrong, these are from the help section
    However, your Chairman will not let you loan at your best players (which are those that they class as key payers or are deemed to be part of your first team).
    Also the Chairman will not allow you to loan out any player who is classed as an important player within their squad. Your loan offer will not be submitted and it will be blocked immediately. A message will also be displayed stating “(Name of club)’s Chairman will not loan out this player so the bid has not been submitted”.

it has to be linked to position depth, as well as their rating, as i've no problems rating out players with high enough ratings when there's a few higher ahead of them.
    The chairman behaviour regards things like that wouldn't be no different in a custom GW than a standard one, just like the match engine wouldn't be

also you only bought him a few days ago, that might have something to do with it, not sure really why it's suddenly allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shnail

Any Striker at 90 or higher for sale at up to a max of 15M?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I don't think it is wrong, these are from the help section

it has to be linked to position depth, as well as their rating, as i've no problems rating out players with high enough ratings when there's a few higher ahead of them.
    The chairman behaviour regards things like that wouldn't be no different in a custom GW than a standard one, just like the match engine wouldn't be

also you only bought him a few days ago, that might have something to do with it, not sure really why it's suddenly allowed

I think your right with the last bit, it explains why in the space of a few days I am suddenly allowed to loan him out.

Still in terms of the overall game I think managers would be served better if chairmen did not get involved with loan deals, whatever about transfers as their financial interests in the club shows game realism but for loans its a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

2-0 win over high flying division one side Napoli for Newcastle. Goals for new loan signing Chris Smalling and Tiote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

2-0 win over high flying division one side Napoli for Newcastle. Goals for new loan signing Chris Smalling and Tiote

BOO!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Beat Barca 2-0 away though they had what looked like a mix of 2nd/3rd string players out. Still happy all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dave Shadow steered Chivas de Guadalajara to victory against FC Porto.
    Chivas de Guadalajara outclassed FC Porto and beat them 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Araujo and Duff were amongst the goalscorers.

Always nice to get a win over a team with better players and from a higher division.

Once again, dominated possession (60%), over twice as many shots, and 3 times more shots on target. And 10 times more corners :P Nice to see that translate into a win.

Just came home to see this :(

Words will be had on the training ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have bids in for players with teams for a while now.....no response, annoying? Hell yeah!

On the other hand, I have told a club I am not interested in selling a player, I have flat rejected a couple of bids, now they have bid again. I dont really intend to respond to that at all since at least while they have a bid lodged they cant lodge another one!

The bids I have in for players won't effect any other deals I want to do, but I can understand if people get upset when they have most of their budget bid on a player and they are getting no response, it handicaps them I guess, but tbh, what can you do about it?

If its bothering you enough just withdraw the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

kryogen wrote: »
    I have bids in for players with teams for a while now.....no response, annoying? Hell yeah!

On the other hand, I have told a club I am not interested in selling a player, I have flat rejected a couple of bids, now they have bid again. I dont really intend to respond to that at all since at least while they have a bid lodged they cant lodge another one!

The bids I have in for players won't effect any other deals I want to do, but I can understand if people get upset when they have most of their budget bid on a player and they are getting no response, it handicaps them I guess, but tbh, what can you do about it?

Multi bid?? ....If lads won't respond then bid on other players and see who bites 1st???..
    I generally bid on a player and if the manager logs on and doesn't respond i withdraw the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Looking for a DR rated 88+, must not be old!!

Tough game agaist Fiorentina tonight ... :eek:

I'm having an internal debate.....

Weather or not to go with 2 holding CM players for my home games or 1 and stick another attacking MF in the centre.....

Decisions.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, taking Phil Jones off my short list :P

7 other clubs interested in him, all 4 divisions higher than me. Half my news feed is clubs vying for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Shnail wrote: »
    Any Striker at 90 or higher for sale at up to a max of 15M?

I might be able to help, who you managing and I'll PM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kryogen wrote: »

Go too transfer status and make him unavailable!

I've bid on players with a min value only to have the bd rejected and the min value increased. I've then bid the new min value to have the bid rejected again ...

whats the point in setting minimum values if people still wont sell .... make the player unavailable ;)

So, taking Phil Jones off my short list :P

7 other clubs interested in him, all 4 divisions higher than me. Half my news feed is clubs vying for him.

Hows life in division 5?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I've bid on players with a min value only to have the bd rejected and the min value increased. I've then bid the new min value to have the bid rejected again ...

whats the point in setting minimum values if people still wont sell .... make the player unavailable ;)

Now that is a bit stupid aint it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shnail

Ronan wrote: »
    I might be able to help, who you managing and I'll PM.

Olympiakos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The Benfica manager hasn't been on in 6 days which is getting a bit annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Just because a manager has a minimum level it does not mean he will accept it. I have put minimum bids on certain players but only because I won't entertain bids below that level.

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Just because a manager has a minimum level it does not mean he will accept it. I have put minimum bids on certain players but only because I won't entertain bids below that level.

Eh no....

It says minimum FEE, not minimum bid that you will consider!

My reading of minumum fee would be if someone meets your minimum fee then your willing to sell that player for that price, if it was minimum BID then thats different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

is anyone aware that NEWCASTLE have a 69 MILLION bid in for MARTIN SKRTEL

• Advertisement

WilcoOut wrote: »
    is anyone aware that NEWCASTLE have a 69 MILLION bid in for MARTIN SKRTEL

Lol!

I think you need to read back a few pages! Ha ha!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement