Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

its a glitch...they cant sell a player that doesnt belong too them ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow was unable to prevent a Chivas de Guadalajara defeat to Standard Liège.
    Chivas de Guadalajara slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Standard Liège in their Division 4 fixture.
    Huth was on the scoresheet for his side.

Ugh, another loss. That's two in a row. After two wins to nil, and dominating possession, I thought that I had managed to work out a good strategy. But not so sure now.

Worse, I lost Mellberg for two weeks. Duff is out for two weeks after the last game. So have basically lost my two biggest investments :/

Also, I've won my two away games and lost my two home games!?! WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    As the 'friendly' bouncers security staff:cool: at many a nightclub would say ... "Not tonight":D

Hahaha , Very Good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

20.5M bid in for DRIES MERTENS will be accepted in 10 minutes if there's no better offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

not a good night at the office, threw away a 2 goal lead and lost one of my best players for 6 weeks with a knee injury! fair to AS Roma in battling back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Yurt steered Celtic to victory against fierce rivals Rangers in the Old Firm Derby.
    Celtic beat Rangers 4 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Erding scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Belhanda and Nesta were also amongst the goalscorers.

Another good night for the mighty Celtic.Unbeaten now in all 6 games and I've only conceded two goals all season. Belhanda,Augusto,Seedorf,Nesta,Cahill,and Soriano Bruno look like serious coups.Early days but id have to say division 4 is in the bag.I thought Malaga would be my only serious challengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Only lost 1-0 away to Schalke but raging they put my 38 year old keeper in at right back :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yurt wrote: »
    Yurt steered Celtic to victory against fierce rivals Rangers in the Old Firm Derby.

Another good night for the mighty Celtic.Unbeaten now in all 6 games and I've only conceded two goals all season. Belhanda,Augusto,Seedorf,Nesta,Cahill,and Soriano Bruno look like serious coups.Early days but id have to say division 4 is in the bag.I thought Malaga would be my only serious challengers.

In the predictions thread i tipped you too win div 4 tonight!Dont count out malaga yet.... he has an ace up his sleve!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The deal ACF Fiorentina for DRIES MERTENS has been accepted.

Great buy for Fiorentina, I just didn't have the time to watch him develop, future star! I need cash to shore up my defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

WilcoOut wrote: »
    all my players playing for BARCELONA B are on LOAN!!!

withdraw all bids please, i have accepted none of tme

Oops!! Sorry bout that!!!

Thought I had myself a bargain of the century!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    In the predictions thread i tipped you too win div 4 tonight!Dont count out malaga yet.... he has an ace up his sleve!

And tell me.....

How would you know that :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Only lost 1-0 away to Schalke but raging they put my 38 year old keeper in at right back :eek:
    Ha, lol, I didn't notice that

If it's any consolation you have the left side of your defence to blame for the goal, not the right :D

Edit: Actually, looking at the commentary I'm wrong; he did actually give away the free kick that led to the goal! That's some real bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

You have a very strong side there. Even i was against ten men for most of the game my team still were never in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

swoody steered Juventus to victory against Liverpool. Juventus beat Liverpool 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture. Vucinic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Asamoah was also on the scoresheet for his side.

need to start winning at home now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Dont forget about hamburg in division 4:)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Who ?

Who ?

Celtic got jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

PPPP steered São Paulo FC to victory against US Palermo.
    São Paulo FC beat US Palermo 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Fabiano scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Jádson was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Up to 2nd in Div 3, 3 wins on the trot, unbeaten in 5 matches

Who ?
    Celtic got jokes

uJeod.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Lost 2-0 at home to Udinese. It was a fair result, in fact they should of scored more goals. I ended up with 10 men and half the squad on yellow cards.

Yoan Gouffran has been one of my best players this season and out of nowhere the moany prick has 55% morale and because I signed him, I can't offer him a new contract to bring up his morale. I still played him and the last two games he has gotten a 5 rating so I had to drop him for the Udinese game. Any idea how I can improve his morale?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    uJeod.gif

Haha nice one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ok, I admit, I'm starting to get slightly pissed off now at this stage, yet again I had the better players, set out my stall to counter attack as I was away from home and still lost......

Not happy

i've noticed from playing it that changing tactic's or formation will usually fail 8/9 times from 10. more often than it will anyway
    i'd consider a draw a decent result from doing it

had a look at your teams & that's what you seem to be doing in every game

it takes a while for it to work, a friend who plays also thinks that

i use the same tactics & formation, home & away against anyone
    if it works it works - you might have a better record at home than away for example but you'll know if it's working overall
    if overall it's not too good, change again

another thing i noticed is that too many changes to your lineup, doesn't work the best either. I don't really like anything more than 1, 2 max

this is in the league, doesn't effect cup games as i'd change the whole team nearly & still get through, though you get weaker opposition a bit in normal GW's

it could be coincidence of course, but it's my experience from the game, my friends & looking like yours

& i don't bother with friendlies either - think they're a waste of time, what's the point winning them trying all different stuff, if it doesn't work in the league

nbar12 wrote: »
    Lost 2-0 at home to Udinese. It was a fair result, in fact they should of scored more goals. I ended up with 10 men and half the squad on yellow cards.

Yoan Gouffran has been one of my best players this season and out of nowhere the moany prick has 55% morale and because I signed him, I can't offer him a new contract to bring up his morale. I still played him and the last two games he has gotten a 5 rating so I had to drop him for the Udinese game. Any idea how I can improve his morale?

Yeah, send him somewhere sunny! Malaga lets say!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

West Brom manager has taunted Fiorentina manager Mike Litiris after Jonny OTTO has been approached by both of the clubs. Valentine Sutton declared West Brom is the only logical choice if he wants to win trophies.

'You can either join a model club with amazing fans and fantastic players in Division One or join a bunch of journeymen in Italy.......There's only one club who will win trophies in the long run'

When a reporter pointed out West Brom sit bottom of Division One while Fiorentina lead Divison 2, Valentine Sutton ended the press conference declaring it as 'irrelevant'

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i've noticed from playing it that changing tactic's or formation will usually fail 8/9 times from 10. more often than it will anyway
    i'd consider a draw a decent result from doing it

had a look at your teams & that's what you seem to be doing in every game

it takes a while for it to work, a friend who plays also thinks that

i use the same tactics & formation, home & away against anyone
    if it works it works - you might have a better record at home than away for example but you'll know if it's working overall
    if overall it's not too good, change again

another thing i noticed is that too many changes to your lineup, doesn't work the best either. I don't really like anything more than 1, 2 max

this is in the league, doesn't effect cup games as i'd change the whole team nearly & still get through, though you get weaker opposition a bit in normal GW's

it could be coincidence of course, but it's my experience from the game, my friends & looking like yours

& i don't bother with friendlies either - think they're a waste of time, what's the point winning them trying all different stuff, if it doesn't work in the league

Sorry I just seen your post there! Your 100% correct and I know it myself!

The problem I am (was) having is that im making things too difficult for myself, I. My other game world I change things 2 or 3 times in a few months!!!! I think its being too involved in this! Over thinking everything instead of just setting the team up and give them 4-5 games to get on with it!

Friendlies are just sonething to do to be honest!!!

Thanks for another view on it, appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Zacharie BOUCHER has completed his move to West Bromwich Albion from Le Havre AC for 5,000,000

Josip DRMIC has completed his move to West Bromwich Albion from FC Zurich for 5,000,000

To the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Another manager gone, Bremen are now free

Its gone IMPOSSIBLE to sign 90+players.
    Ive just had to study 87/88/89players that look good for a rating rise soon.

Its gone IMPOSSIBLE to sign 90+players.
    Ive just had to study 87/88/89players that look good for a rating rise soon.
    need any help scouting....?
    i've got the knack of discovering a gem! and i'm bored :rolleyes:

how close to 90 are you looking for?
    what age are you looking for?
    is nationality an issue?
    what leagues are you scouting?
    what position/s are you looking for?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    need any help scouting....?
    i've got the knack of discovering a gem! and i'm bored :rolleyes:

how close to 90 are you looking for?
    what age are you looking for?
    is nationality an issue?
    what leagues are you scouting?
    what position/s are you looking for?

A centre back preferably 89 rating but could do 88 as long as a great chance of going to 89+ under 12 million:)
    Thanks pm me ur findings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement