Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

swoody wrote: »
    Schalke might do a deal with you for Kyriakos Papadopoulos rumour has it both manc clubs want him so he'll increase to 90+ for sure

i'm not Schalke btw

Cheers man but for the money I would have to spend on him I could get an established 90+ a few years older. Really need a defender 90 or over to stop my defence conceding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Cheers man but for the money I would have to spend on him I could get an established 90+ a few years older. Really need a defender 90 or over to stop my defence conceding
    not necessarily true... look at my defenders (Juventus) for example.

Buffon 94, Barzagli 91, Bonucci 91, Chiellini 94, Lichtsteiner 90, Isla 90

16 goals conceded after 6 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On the tactics things lads keep it simple!!too many instructions not good!on the managers not managing teams I can't remove them BUT if they get removed i will not give the big clubs too new managers!ill offer it too established managers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'd say the reason you're conceding is down to you're tactics/formation.

Defenders only contribute a small amount to the overall defence.
    What team are you?.

swoody wrote: »
    not necessarily true... look at my defenders (Juventus) for example.

Buffon 94, Barzagli 91, Bonucci 91, Chiellini 94, Lichtsteiner 90, Isla 90

16 goals conceded after 6 games

I don't know then, I'll just have to see if it works because I've tried everything else

MrMac84 wrote: »
    On the tactics things lads keep it simple!!too many instructions not good!on the managers not managing teams I can't remove them BUT if they get removed i will not give the big clubs too new managers!ill offer it too established managers!!

Is there a set time that if a manager doesn't log in they're removed?

• Advertisement

blobby360 wrote: »
    I'd say the reason you're conceding is down to you're tactics/formation.

Defenders only contribute a small amount to the overall defence.
    What team are you?.

PSV

I don't know then, I'll just have to see if it works because I've tried everything else

Is there a set time that if a manager doesn't log in they're removed?

30 days...thats a SMFA rule not mine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

The Barca manager hasn't been on in 20 minutes..Sack him and give me the job..:D

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    The Barca manager hasn't been on in 20 minutes..Sack him and give me the job..:D

DONE!

PSV

Just having a look at you're last match. IMO it's definitely you're formation.

You have only 2 in the midfield, which means anyone with 3 or more in midfield will destroy you in possession.

I'd go 4-5-1 and see how that goes. Possession is key in this game.

My advice fee is 7Million :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone selling a right back? 5 million cash, at least 87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

30 days...thats a SMFA rule not mine!!

You can set your own, I think 10 days is the shortest you can but I am not 100%. And I think you can only change this once a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Real Sociedads Carlos Martínez is your man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

So much cash to spend but nobody to spend it on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Jonathan CRISTALDO has completed his move to Málaga CF from Metalist for 9,700,000. All other offers were turned down.

Delighted with him! I have my eye on 1 more player but dont have 2 mil left!!!! Oh well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

blobby360 wrote: »
    Just having a look at you're last match. IMO it's definitely you're formation.

You have only 2 in the midfield, which means anyone with 3 or more in midfield will destroy you in possession.

I'd go 4-5-1 and see how that goes. Possession is key in this game.

My advice fee is 7Million :D

I dunno, I play 1 midfielder and do ok

kryogen wrote: »
    I dunno, I play 1 midfielder and do ok

Yes.. but you've a strong defence and can withstand attacks. His defence can't seem to do that.

He needs as much support as possible from the midfield. He's not getting that at the moment.

Ooohhh now you have me tempted!!!!! I've gamez, if I sold him I could fund my other deal! But then replace him!!!!!

Have a look at him in my squad and see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ok, here's my last big money deal:

Leonel GALEANO has completed his move to FC Porto from Independiente for 5,850,000 plus Mauro CABALLERO

And then there's these ;) , i think of them as fire wood.
    They are all relatively inexpensive and of no use now but if they go up in their ratings then i can trade/sell them and build my squad further. A bit like the fire wood, useless all summer, but come winter .... :D

Jake KIRBY has completed his move to FC Porto from Tranmere Rovers for 10,000

Alex GILBEY has completed his move to FC Porto from Colchester United for 20,000

James SEVERN has completed his move to FC Porto from Scunthorpe United for 10,000

Luke MCCARTHY has completed his move to FC Porto from Bury for 10,000

Leigh BEDWELL has completed his move to FC Porto from Swindon Town for 10,000

Terry KENNEDY has completed his move to FC Porto from Sheffield United for 10,000

Edit: have another 5-6 offers accepted for more firewood, had to chose between 2 players at Boavista(one transfer with a club at a time rule), the one i left behind till later just went up 3 in ratings and rose to 180k :mad:

Could some-one take a look at my tactics and advise?

In my last friendly i played 4-4-2, but prior i played 4-2-3-1, i think ive a faiy strong/balanced team but in league games have a record of 6played, 2W-1D-3L.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I will also like to put my name into the hat for the Spurs job if it becomes available :D

Chivas is grand enough and I'm building up a nice little team. But I wouldn't say no to the increased budget, given that I've probably spent on my whole team what someone would spend on one player at Spurs....

vultures.jpg

Any teams that come free ill post here and managers have 24 hours too apply too me for job.

Am I the only one that sees their current team as 'their team'?:confused:

I would hate to walk away from what I'm buiding @ FC Porto, I think that even if Porto slumped down the divisions I wouldnt put my name down for the likes of Barca, Dortmund, Real, etc :cool:

Oh, and I really dont want to go through the 'scouting' and rebuilding from the ground up again :p

Feel free to quote me on that when I eventually do stick my name down for a free team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

looking for top player 40 m to spend

soap1978 wrote: »
    looking for top player 40 m to spend

what team are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    what team are you?
    let say willing to let rooney go for 60m

Any teams that come free ill post here and managers have 24 hours too apply too me for job.

Just for your own reference, would it not be easier to keep track of 'who applied for what' if the interested parties PM'd you, rather than shifting through possibly 100's of pages here!!!

Am I the only one that sees their current team as 'their team'?:confused:

I would hate to walk away from what I'm buiding @ FC Porto, I think that even if Porto slumped down the divisions I wouldnt put my name down for the likes of Barca, Dortmund, Real, etc :cool:

Ha ha! I was just about to post the same! Even though I am the rock bottom team in the entire game I'm actually loving building the team from the ground up on a shoestring budget!

If I wanted a rich team I'd just pick one in another game world!

Honestly, if any of the big teams (Barca/Real/Man U/ Bayern etc) were available I would not go for em!

soap1978 wrote: »
    let say willing to let rooney go for 60m

Are you still after your man-crush?

hop on to SM, we could have a chat

Edit: Never mind your pr!ck of a chairmain wont go for the deal I'm offering ...

Are you still after your man-crush?

hop on to SM, we could have a chat

Edit: Never mind your pr!ck of a chairmain wont go for the deal I'm offering ...

So much for being 'done' in the oul market eh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jonathan CRISTALDO has completed his move to Málaga CF from Metalist for 9,700,000. All other offers were turned down.

And of course he is not fit enough for tonight :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement