Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So much for being 'done' in the oul market eh :rolleyes:

Always looking for a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that sees their current team as 'their team'?:confused:

Sao Paulo till I die!! :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am I the only one that sees their current team as 'their team'?:confused:

I would hate to walk away from what I'm buiding @ FC Porto, I think that even if Porto slumped down the divisions I wouldnt put my name down for the likes of Barca, Dortmund, Real, etc :cool:

In fairness, Porto are a big enough team. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with Chivas. But I didn't choose them cause they were a team I know anything about or because I like their players. I chose them because they were literally the only option when I joined. When I did get them, I had already lost one of the top guys at the club, for less than I would have asked for him. An upgrade to a team I actually know stuff about would be nice.

That said, I'm happy enough to stay and don't plan on giving up the game by any stretch. I've bought some players I like with a very limited budget and will be proud if I can get even the play offs. I just wouldn't turn down the chance at the bigger budget to play with at a team I am pretty knowledgeable about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Interesting offer by Napoli for Lucas Moura.

Ok, here's my last big money deal:

Leonel GALEANO has completed his move to FC Porto from Independiente for 5,850,000 plus Mauro CABALLERO

And then there's these ;) , i think of them as fire wood.
    They are all relatively inexpensive and of no use now but if they go up in their ratings then i can trade/sell them and build my squad further. A bit like the fire wood, useless all summer, but come winter .... :D

Jake KIRBY has completed his move to FC Porto from Tranmere Rovers for 10,000

Alex GILBEY has completed his move to FC Porto from Colchester United for 20,000

James SEVERN has completed his move to FC Porto from Scunthorpe United for 10,000

Luke MCCARTHY has completed his move to FC Porto from Bury for 10,000

Leigh BEDWELL has completed his move to FC Porto from Swindon Town for 10,000

Terry KENNEDY has completed his move to FC Porto from Sheffield United for 10,000

Edit: have another 5-6 offers accepted for more firewood, had to chose between 2 players at Boavista(one transfer with a club at a time rule), the one i left behind till later just went up 3 in ratings and rose to 180k :mad:

Few more:

Siebe SCHRIJVERS has completed his move to FC Porto from KRC Genk for 430,000

Elliot JOHNSON has completed his move to FC Porto from Barnet for 20,000

Bahattin KOSE has completed his move to FC Porto from RAEC Mons for 10,000

Mark SHANKLAND has completed his move to FC Porto from Ayr United for 10,000

Chris O'NEIL has completed his move to FC Porto from Airdrie United for 10,000

• Advertisement

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Interesting offer by Napoli for Lucas Moura.

You mean PSG are actually considering selling a player :eek:

In fairness, Porto are a big enough team. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with Chivas. But I didn't choose them cause they were a team I know anything about or because I like their players. I chose them because they were literally the only option when I joined. When I did get them, I had already lost one of the top guys at the club, for less than I would have asked for him. An upgrade to a team I actually know stuff about would be nice.

That said, I'm happy enough to stay and don't plan on giving up the game by any stretch. I've bought some players I like with a very limited budget and will be proud if I can get even the play offs. I just wouldn't turn down the chance at the bigger budget to play with at a team I am pretty knowledgeable about :)

I wanted newcastle personally but had to settle for Porto. But i hear what you are saying, when you've very little choice then i could see why you might want to move on

I wanted newcastle personally but had to settle for Porto. But i hear what you are saying, when you've very little choice then i could see why you might want to move on

Yeah. I don't mean to attack, mind. Just pointing out that when you've been able to spend 162mill on transfers in and raked in 85million from ones out, it's easier to say you're committed to your team since you've shaped it top to bottom :P

Anyway, CSKA Moskva for me tonight. Given my team's erratic form, god knows what way it will turn out...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Ok, here's my last big money deal:

Leonel GALEANO has completed his move to FC Porto from Independiente for 5,850,000 plus Mauro CABALLERO

And then there's these ;) , i think of them as fire wood.
    They are all relatively inexpensive and of no use now but if they go up in their ratings then i can trade/sell them and build my squad further. A bit like the fire wood, useless all summer, but come winter .... :D

Jake KIRBY has completed his move to FC Porto from Tranmere Rovers for 10,000

Alex GILBEY has completed his move to FC Porto from Colchester United for 20,000

James SEVERN has completed his move to FC Porto from Scunthorpe United for 10,000

Luke MCCARTHY has completed his move to FC Porto from Bury for 10,000

Leigh BEDWELL has completed his move to FC Porto from Swindon Town for 10,000

Terry KENNEDY has completed his move to FC Porto from Sheffield United for 10,000

Edit: have another 5-6 offers accepted for more firewood, had to chose between 2 players at Boavista(one transfer with a club at a time rule), the one i left behind till later just went up 3 in ratings and rose to 180k :mad:

Looks like someone's taking note of my tactics! :p

Few more:

Siebe SCHRIJVERS has completed his move to FC Porto from KRC Genk for 430,000

Elliot JOHNSON has completed his move to FC Porto from Barnet for 20,000

Bahattin KOSE has completed his move to FC Porto from RAEC Mons for 10,000

Mark SHANKLAND has completed his move to FC Porto from Ayr United for 10,000

Chris O'NEIL has completed his move to FC Porto from Airdrie United for 10,000

With the next few i think im done ... Maybe :p

Diego MOLINA has completed his move to FC Porto from Banfield for 510,000

Rubén ALVES has completed his move to FC Porto from Boavista for 20,000

Graces RAFAEL has completed his move to FC Porto from Vila Nova for 20,000

Fernando VIANA has completed his move to FC Porto from Joinville EC for 60,000

Alves LUCÃO has completed his move to FC Porto from Ipatinga for 20,000

• Advertisement

Yeah. I don't mean to attack, mind. Just pointing out that when you've been able to spend 162mill on transfers in and raked in 85million from ones out, it's easier to say you're committed to your team since you've shaped it top to bottom :P

Anyway, CSKA Moskva for me tonight. Given my team's erratic form, god knows what way it will turn out...

I know what you mean, just meant I didnt get one of the teams I really wanted, then I though I might take Swindon .... Thankfully I snapped out of it pronto!:eek:

Leverkusen tonight ... quite unsure how it will go, tacktics seems hit and miss ... only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

2 of my best players suspended and all my team are knackered if i'm going to lose this season its going to be tonight.

Celtic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

beat chelsea 1-0 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've arsenal tonight...big test for my lads...shmelzer is injured and has been great so far this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Newcastle for me, Need to keep neymar quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Results are in, haven't looked yet but I see injury news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

West Brom 3-2 Man City :D:D

Olsson, Mulumbu and one of my babies Sansone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lost 2-0 to Newcastle

Leverkusen tonight ... quite unsure how it will go, tacktics seems hit and miss ... only time will tell

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Leverkusen.

FC Porto beat Leverkusen 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Granero scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Yanga-mbiwa and Rodríguez were also amongst the goalscorers.

That's obviously a hit tonight then...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The match ended 0 - 0 between Málaga CF and Flamengo in their Division 4 fixture.

Nilmar had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

0-0 at home is not good enough!!! Must try harder!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aston Villa beat Valencia 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Delph scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Agbonlahor was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Another red card..thats 4 in 5 games :mad:

1-0 loss to CSKA Moscow :(

My league stats since starting...
    6 Games Played
    2 Games Won
    1 Games Drawn
    3 Games Lost
    6 Goals Scored
    6 Goals Conceeded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Nil all with PSV, not a bad result after a number of losses. Forgot to alter the in game instructions since my friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Well.......F**K me......

Nua Domhan steered RCD Espanyol to victory against Rangers.
    RCD Espanyol outclassed Rangers and thrashed them 8 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Derdiyok was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Verdú and Forlín were also amongst the goalscorers.

:D:D:D

4 wins on the trot, unbeaten in 6 and top of the Div3 table :)

PPPP steered São Paulo FC to victory against SS Lazio.
    São Paulo FC beat SS Lazio 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Fabiano had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Maicon, Osvaldo and Jádson were amongst the goalscorers.

EDIT: delighted with my defence, Ive only conceded 3 goals in 7 games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

US Palermo beat Olympiacos 2-0 away. Delighted with that as they were top, 2nd in 3rd division now due to goal difference. :D

gerp99 wrote: »
    US Palermo beat Olympiacos 2-0 away. Delighted with that as they were top, 2nd in 3rd division now due to goal difference. :D

Was hoping you'd win, it put me top :P

nua domhan wrote: »
    Well.......F**K me......

Nua Domhan steered RCD Espanyol to victory against Rangers.
    RCD Espanyol outclassed Rangers and thrashed them 8 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Derdiyok was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Verdú and Forlín were also amongst the goalscorers.

:D:D:D

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Was hoping you'd win, it put me top :P

Ha needed to win after the thumping you gave me last week, at least I have the two of ye out of the way for awhile :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Schalke 2-1 victory away to Shakhtar Donetsk. 4th win in a row, up to 5th in Division 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement