Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MarkY91 wrote: »
    how often do players leave this gameworld? im stuck with boca juniors but ill jump at any chance of a half decent team
    Tottenham Hotspur will be available in a few hours but i'm sure there will be plenty interested

you can follow when jobs become available here, 30 days missing and your sacked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

nbar12 wrote: »
    im sick of dynamo kiev, breaking my heart, all my plays are up for sale now

There are other teams available if you want too move too a new project

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There are other teams available if you want too move too a new project

Stay with your own team and fix the mess that you made.
    Moving to another team is taking the easy way out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SO Spurs are free then. Who do we apply to?

And should we set up a Transfer Freeze on the team as well? I think most people would hate to get in only to find half the team has been sold off already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

mackeire wrote: »
    Stay with your own team and fix the mess that you made.
    Moving to another team is taking the easy way out.

And, yes.....

Moving to another team is taking the easy way out, also known as 'keeping the interest in the game going' if you have spend all your cash and have nobody to trade......

But I agree, going to Lazio was an easier prospect than staying put at Malaga

• Advertisement

I'm not going to go for the Spurs job (ha ha! Be some crack if I did!!!!) but whoever gets it.....

Any chance of a loan of a few players????

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

I wouldn't mind spurs myself and managing a team in a higher division :)

gerp99 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind spurs myself and managing a team in a higher division :)

Apply for it man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I wouldn't mind taking spurs on if someone backed out! I'm doing a pretty good Job with 'STANDARD LIÈGE' in Div4. I'm 6th (but joint 3rd on GD) .. I think I'd do a great job with some funds and decent players! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

already did, i think :) I presume, I just have to send a mail ingame. No where to apply for the job on the spurs page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

gerp99 wrote: »
    already did, i think :) I presume, I just have to send a mail ingame. No where to apply for the job on the spurs page

Ah ok, best of luck with it anyway! Enjoy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Top of division 3 with a 3-1 away win :)

And, yes.....

Moving to another team is taking the easy way out, also known as 'keeping the interest in the game going' if you have spend all your cash and have nobody to trade......

But I agree, going to Lazio was an easier prospect than staying put at Malaga

but that was your own fault. you were spending all your money on crap players and wanted to sign more and more players.

what happens when you blow all the money at lazio? Will you lose interest again then?

I signed all my players by the time the season started and have a little rule that I can only have 3 players for each position on the pitch.
    so 3 goalies
    3 right backs
    3 left backs
    6 center backs
    6 center mids
    3 right wings
    3 left wings
    and 6 strikers.

If i want to sign someone new then I have to sell someone first.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Defour scored, got an assist, got man of the match but still at 61% :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don't really mind people switching teams TBH. But there has to be a limit on how many times you can switch. It's not fair if someone just goes around and wreaks a bunch of teams then leaves for another.

Even I swapped Palmeiras for Malaga... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tupac healey is Roddy Collins :D:p

but that was your own fault. you were spending all your money on crap players and wanted to sign more and more players.

what happens when you blow all the money at lazio? Will you lose interest again then?

I signed all my players by the time the season started and have a little rule that I can only have 3 players for each position on the pitch.
    so 3 goalies
    3 right backs
    3 left backs
    6 center backs
    6 center mids
    3 right wings
    3 left wings
    and 6 strikers.

If i want to sign someone new then I have to sell someone first.

Crap such as??? Oh and you mean ALL of the 6 mil budget is it?????

All the money will be gone from Lazio tonight, if it were the case of me blowing all the money and leaving I would be applying for the spurs job already wouldn't I? Your theory is shot there ain't it?????

It's nice to have 'little rules' for yourself as you put it, but tell me this...

1. Who are you managing?
    2. How many 'squad players' do you have to work with i.e. sell off to make moeny or trade with
    3. What was your starting off budget.

Its very easy to come on here and pass judgement depending on your own veiwpoint........ Tell me what you would have done? Who you would you have gone for in my stead?????

Personally, I think I did well at Malaga. Consider what they had to work with, all of the players that needed to be moved out and replaced...... on a limited budget I brought in 2 90 rated players, KEPT a 91 player and one of the most highly rated players in the game, and brought in 2 or 3 promising young players.........

EDIT:
    One more thing, this.....
    so 3 goalies
    3 right backs
    3 left backs
    6 center backs
    6 center mids
    3 right wings
    3 left wings
    and 6 strikers.

Not everyone plays the game like that, personally I would ship most of them out as they are taking up wages (YES YOU NEED TO CONSIDER THIS) when they are not playing they will develp concerns (YES YOU NEED TO CONSIDER THIS) Its not as easy as signing a load of players at all, its called managing them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Personally, I think I did well at Malaga. Consider what they had to work with,

In fairness out of everyone in Div4 you had the best start possible.

You had by far the best team starting off... Heck look at Standard Leige or even my old club Palmeiras. I think we had only 4million budgets, with are highest rated player only 87.

You had it easy in truth...

Personally, I think I did well at Malaga.

Haha you did terrible with them. You came in, wrecked them, then left!

You call 1 or 2 wins out of 8 or 9 games doing well??

I'd hate to see what state they would have been in if you didnt do well with them!

I'd hate to see what state they would have been in if you didnt do well with them!

I'd hardly say he wrecked them

This is all getting way too serious for me, it's only a game ffs

• Advertisement

Good job not answering a single question I put to you ;)

Wrecked! ha ha!!!!! Brilliant! I brought in 21 players, sold 16 and out of all of those I put my hands up and say I was not happy with 1 of those.... ALL the rest I would stand over & the season is not even half way through.....

Like I said (and you so easily avoided) it depends on your viewpoint

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    In fairness out of everyone in Div4 you had the best start possible.

You had by far the best team starting off... Heck look at Standard Leige or even my old club Palmeiras. I think we had only 4million budgets, with are highest rated player only 87.

You had it easy in truth...

Galatasaray, Celtic and Hamburg were better propositions IMO in division 4 starting off if you consider Stadium and number of players....

Ok ladies..handbags down!ha ha
    This swapping clubs is ok in my book if the manager done his best with the teams he had.one persons idea of how too run their team may vary too another persons.beside theres some managers in this game like mentioned have 3r4 million transfer kitty's and a squad rated 86-87 there goal in the game will be too take them as far as possible and hopefully get a move too a big club (same as real life) I don't belive anyone here has tried too wreck a team.if they CLEARLY did and then requested a new team I would refuse them!
    Malaga manager moved too lazio then a new manager moved too Malaga it's their choice.some lads might be 1 team clubs but others see there current team as a stepping stone and thats ok too.

Now for the Spurs issue 3 managers have declared an interest TeamShadowClan gerp99 pepper180

I'm trying too think of the fairest way too decide.do I revert too "the list" as we did too begin with or is that truley gone?

Should I draw names from a hat?

Maybe do a poll and ask the other managers in the game world and see who they think deserves it?

im at a loss really cuz in other game worlds the SMFA offer the jobs but not here as I own it

Suggestions lads?

From a hat IMO

Ok ladies..handbags down!ha ha
    This swapping clubs is ok in my book if the manager done his best with the teams he had.one persons idea of how too run their team may vary too another persons.beside theres some managers in this game like mentioned have 3r4 million transfer kitty's and a squad rated 86-87 there goal in the game will be too take them as far as possible and hopefully get a move too a big club (same as real life) I don't belive anyone here has tried too wreck a team.if they CLEARLY did and then requested a new team I would refuse them!
    Malaga manager moved too lazio then a new manager moved too Malaga it's their choice.some lads might be 1 team clubs but others see there current team as a stepping stone and thats ok too.

Now for the Spurs issue 3 managers have declared an interest TeamShadowClan gerp99 pepper180

I'm trying too think of the fairest way too decide.do I revert too "the list" as we did too begin with or is that truley gone?

Should I draw names from a hat?

Maybe do a poll and ask the other managers in the game world and see who they think deserves it?

im at a loss really cuz in other game worlds the SMFA offer the jobs but not here as I own it

Suggestions lads?

Do a mini knock out friendly tournament! Winner gets spurs!!!!

Also, if I set out to wreck Malaga (ha ha!!!!) Isco would be wearing a barca shirt and Toulalan would be in France!

Like MrMac said, different people, different views, i did what I could with them, you have thr right to disagree, I accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I've said before that teams can fly up the divisions

An i am proving teams can also fly down the divisions!!:D:D

On another note can new players come into a game world? By that i mean, say a player not on the scene at the moment bursts out of nowhere and becomes the new Messi, will he be added?

From a hat IMO

Maybe if I record myself writing down the 3 names and then putting them in a hat and drawing the winner and put it on YouTube??

Maldjd23 wrote: »

On another note can new players come into a game world? By that i mean, say a player not on the scene at the moment bursts out of nowhere and becomes the new Messi, will he be added?
    Ya he does new players get added alot..when you search for him hes a free agent

Have you any input into sorting out the spurs job?

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Yes, new players are added all the time, and there is a method to search for them!!!!

But I'm not telling :D

Only messing! Click on the world icon at the top of your screen and a drop down list will appear (its next to the More option) In there you will see 'Player Database' and follow it from there man ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hat is probably the fairest way on you, given then no one should complain about the end result since it was random.

• Advertisement

Yes, new players are added all the time, and there is a method to search for them!!!!

Whats your thoughts on the spurs job?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement