Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

swoody wrote: »

can i recommend IvySlayer, i think he's doing a stellar job at WBA (also i play him twice in a row starting tomorrow)

Buttering me up won't save you :P

I don't want Spurs, it's a stepdown :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I will throw my name in for the Spurs job if that's okay?

Newcastle

Please dont leave that squad in the hands of pardew, not even for a minute!!
    WHAT!!!!!!

your going to leave Neymar at the mercy of Pardew!!!!

If you leave Newcastle then I put Freeze forward as he is an avid Newcastle fan, if he decideds to leave Porto that is!
    Thanks!

Mmmmh, sunny Portugal vs cold wet North East of England, ...
    I think im good here for another while

But, North London, now thats tempting!
    Mrmac can you stick me on the list for Spurs job please :eek:

NOT! :cool:

I'm not a quitter like SAF! How could he leave all those Man Utd fans in lurch like that!!?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

IvySlayer wrote: »

I don't want Spurs, it's a stepdown :pac:
    playing my subs/reserves against you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

As manager of Newcastle United I would like to categorically deny any link between myself and the vacant managerial position at Tottenham Hotspur. These rumours are totally untrue and I would like to take this opportunity to guarantee both the fans and the players at St. James' Park that I am 100% committed to leading this club to promotion from division 2.

Thanks,
    Damien O Grady

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Put me in the draw for the spurs job :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

IvySlayer wrote: »

eww.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Al Proctor (Az manager)
    MArk Logan (Boca Juniors)
    Munster Magic (Newcastle)
    Teamshadowclan (Chivas)
    Gerp99 (US Palermo)
    socky08 (marsellies )
    nbar12
    Yakult (Sunderland)
    Rayne Wooney (psv)
    Niall B (Dynamo Kyiv)
    Copper pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Al Proctor (Az manager)
    MArk Logan (Boca Juniors)
    Munster Magic (Newcastle)
    Teamshadowclan (Chivas)
    Gerp99 (US Palermo)
    socky08 (marsellies )
    nbar12
    Yakult (Sunderland)
    Rayne Wooney (psv)
    Niall B (Dynamo Kyiv)
    Copper pipe

in the fenerbache boss

Signed Adebayo Akinfenwa for 350k

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

:( Was happier this morning when there was only three people going for the Spurs job. Resigned to not getting it now with that many people.

:( Was happier this morning when there was only three people going for the Spurs job. Resigned to not getting it now with that many people.
    3 words.....

Chelsea 15 days

mourinho-wink.gif?w=830

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

nua domhan wrote: »
    I started out with 3M budget and used it wisely. You might stay with Lazio for a while, but if you'll have blown all the money tonight then you haven't learned much from your time at Malaga have you?

In another game world I've taken wrexham from bottom of division 5 to just promoted into Division 3 in 3 seasons on a budget of 600k. It's far more satisfying than switching teams when the going gets tough, believe me.

Can I ask..... why is everyone picking on me? Yes i've spent ALL the money at Lazio, but the plan at Lazio is no different to the one at Malaga..... I jumped ship when a better opportunity came up and seem to be a target for criticism because of it, yet therw are plenty more willing to do the same for spurs and I bet mu car that more will whem Chelsea come up!!!!!

And as for other game worlds, congrats for ya on wrexham, did something similar myself with Valencia and now have a collection of the finest players on the planet....

Look long story short, I like others am using a particular strategy, not everyone will agrew but hey if you dont agree dont take over the team I leave, plain and simple.

Please, I'm asking.... I've explained myself now a number of times, move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Can I ask..... why is everyone picking on me? Yes i've spent ALL the money at Lazio, but the plan at Lazio is no different to the one at Malaga..... I jumped ship when a better opportunity came up and seem to be a target for criticism because of it, yet therw are plenty more willing to do the same for spurs and I bet mu car that more will whem Chelsea come up!!!!!

And as for other game worlds, congrats for ya on wrexham, did something similar myself with Valencia and now have a collection of the finest players on the planet....

Look long story short, I like others am using a particular strategy, not everyone will agrew but hey if you dont agree dont take over the team I leave, plain and simple.

Your answer to everything :pac:

At least you have not been tempted by Spurs.

It is only a game at the end of the day, everybody is entitled to play by their own rules and you didn't break any.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

So after quitting Malaga now you're looking to quit the discussion
    Bit of a pattern emerging with you

Im only joking :D

But comparing building up valencia to wrexham isn't the same at all.

& if you've no money for players, use risers - thats what they're for

batistuta9 wrote: »
    So after quitting Malaga now you're looking to quit the discussion
    Bit of a pattern emerging with you

Im only joking :D

But comparing building up valencia to wrexham isn't the same at all.

& if you've no money for players, use risers - thats what they're for

Not easy to get 14-15 of THE best players in thegame into the 1 club excluding barca, madrid and utd!!

And the point I was making was that took a bloody long time to do! At least 5 years, prob more!!!!!

Just sayin....

Ill go back to Malaga of that will make people sleep better?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Fair enough, play it the way you want but I think one manager jumping ship starts the ball rolling (look at the scramble to get Spurs now and everyone waiting for Chelsea).

If you wanted the biggest club with all the best players already there then why not just ask MrMac for Barcelona at the start?

Anyway, best of luck with Lazio, hopefully meet you's in some cold rainy crunching league cup game!! ;)

nua domhan wrote: »
    Fair enough, play it the way you want but I think one manager jumping ship starts the ball rolling (look at the scramble to get Newcastle now and everyone waiting for Chelsea).

If you wanted the biggest club with all the best players already there then why not just ask MrMac for Barcelona at the start?

Anyway, best of luck with Lazio, hopefully meet you's in some cold rainy crunching league cup game!! ;)

Simple answer to that one ia they were gone! And ia starting the ball rolling on the managerial merry go round such a bad thing???

At least the place is hoppin tonight! Seema to be a lot of chat about who is replacing who and after all, is that not.the point? It would be worse id the game went stale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hes only doing what david moyes is doing right now. taking a step up when a position is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Not easy to get 14-15 of THE best players in thegame into the 1 club excluding barca, madrid and utd!!

And the point I was making was that took a bloody long time to do! At least 5 years, prob more!!!!!

Just sayin....

Ill go back to Malaga of that will make people sleep better?

It depends on the game world how hard it would be really, Valencia aren't a small club either

People with real small teams have squads like that -it's no biggie

you should apply for Tottenham for the luls :)

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It depends on the game world how hard it would be really, Valencia aren't a small club either

People with real small teams have squads like that -it's no biggie

you should apply for Tottenham for the luls :)

I was going to JUST to piss people off;)

really wish i knew about this when all teams were available. i guess ill just have to dominate the world with boca juniors :P

• Advertisement

was gunna ask for Cork City myself but lowered my standards to Juventus

swoody wrote: »
    was gunna ask for Cork City myself but lowered my standards to Juventus

I had toyed with swindon town or club brugge but i saw the caliber of teams getting picked and knew Swindon would be the proverbial whipping boys and brugge wouldnt have been much better

So queue FCP!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

MarkY91 wrote: »
    hes only doing what david moyes is doing right now. taking a step up when a position is available.

lol It's in no way the same. Moyes earned the chance to take the step up.

Would be good if a managers record at he's current club was taken into consideration for anyone looking to take another team on here and the job given to someone that earned it and will do a good job, but I understand that might be a lot of work for Mac.

Now, time to set my set up my reserves for tomorrows cup game :D

Would be good if a managers record at he's current club was taken into consideration for anyone looking to take another team on here and the job given to someone that earned it and will do a good job, but I understand that might be a lot of work for Mac.

im starting from the bottom with boca juniors. but im only staying with them until i get a half decent team and ill stay with them. hope i get the job of whoever gets the spurs job :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads ya know how we all have a manager ranking?could we use that too decide future management decisions??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads ya know how we all have a manager ranking?could we use that too decide future management decisions??

My main worry is it simply rewards people who had the most money in that division. The "best" managers may often be the ones with the best resources rather than the best tactics or the most activity and effort put into the team and the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

no imo cause that involves different gameworlds. we could do whoever has done the best at their respective clubs. that would rule out people at non performing clubs from jumping ship to in demand clubs. it may be too hard to choose a BEST candidate so maybe the 2 or 3 best performers could go for the job. if only 1 well performing manager goes for the job and 7 or 8 pretty average managers go for it just give it to the best instead of including thos with mediocre cvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

Socky08 wrote: »
    no imo cause that involves different gameworlds. we could do whoever has done the best at their respective clubs. that would rule out people at non performing clubs from jumping ship to in demand clubs. it may be too hard to choose a BEST candidate so maybe the 2 or 3 best performers could go for the job. if only 1 well performing manager goes for the job and 7 or 8 pretty average managers go for it just give it to the best instead of including thos with mediocre cvs.

this would encourage managers at all levels to get there act together because if they perform well they could get a shot at the big time faster than they might expect, like in real life. :cool:

And lets assume for a second that I didnt go to lazio, would anyone else after 10-12 games at the time have the time put in that Moyes has showed, lest not forget, hes been at Everton 11 years......

In many ways ITS EXACTLY the same, a positon opened up, someone filled it, if not me... someone else......

So going by this basis, considering we have not even done HALF A SEASON, how can ANYONE be qualified for the Spurs job? AVB had european success before he got offer his shot at rhe big time with Chelsea..... he didnt do no 11 years like Moyes, how come he is at Spurs?

Sorry but your logic is not sound...... by your reckoning nobody could possibly be qualified for the Lazio job as they had not got the time put in?

Seriously.....

• Advertisement

Guys,

I think we need to put some trust in mac, he set up the gw and paid for it. He wants to keep this gw rolling along. That is not going to happen if people thought he rigged a draw. Its in the interest of the gw and therefore mac that the method of assigning new managers is an honest one.

I for one think which ever way(names in a hat, random number generators, ...) he picks a manager for a club will be fair.

Ps: how about sending someone a random numbered list of players interested inthe spurs job, then ask some one esle on here to pick a number? Just to throw another option in ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement