Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Socky08 wrote: »
    no imo cause that involves different gameworlds. we could do whoever has done the best at their respective clubs. that would rule out people at non performing clubs from jumping ship to in demand clubs. it may be too hard to choose a BEST candidate so maybe the 2 or 3 best performers could go for the job. if only 1 well performing manager goes for the job and 7 or 8 pretty average managers go for it just give it to the best instead of including thos with mediocre cvs.
    lets say Real Madrid win 12 out of 15 games and sunderland or wba win 11 of 15 games, who's the best performing manager there? Surely wba and sunderlands managers have over achieved at their clubs where real possibly under achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

put the list in alphabetical order and just do eeny meeny miny moe, if you reach the bottom of the list just go from bottom to top to finish it......simplez!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

And lets assume for a second that I didnt go to lazio, would anyone else after 10-12 games at the time have the time put in that Moyes has showed, lest not forget, hes been at Everton 11 years......

In many ways ITS EXACTLY the same, a positon opened up, someone filled it, if not me... someone else......

So going by this basis, considering we have not even done HALF A SEASON, how can ANYONE be qualified for the Spurs job? AVB had european success before he got offer his shot at rhe big time with Chelsea..... he didnt do no 11 years like Moyes, how come he is at Spurs?

Sorry but your logic is not sound...... by your reckoning nobody could possibly be qualified for the Lazio job as they had not got the time put in?

Seriously.....

Hey I wasn't having a dig at you, don't care where you manage and hope you do well there. I was just saying that you getting the job was nothing like Moyes getting the Utd job, and I stand by what I said.
    no imo cause that involves different gameworlds. we could do whoever has done the best at their respective clubs. that would rule out people at non performing clubs from jumping ship to in demand clubs. it may be too hard to choose a BEST candidate so maybe the 2 or 3 best performers could go for the job. if only 1 well performing manager goes for the job and 7 or 8 pretty average managers go for it just give it to the best instead of including thos with mediocre cvs.

This is what meant earlier and would be the best way handle it if it could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Hey I wasn't having a dig at you, don't care where you manage and hope you do well there. I was just saying that you getting the job was nothing like Moyes getting the Utd job, and I stand by what I said..

I apologise if I took you up wrong man, just been getting a lot of what I consider unwarranted criticism!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    lets say Real Madrid win 12 out of 15 games and sunderland or wba win 11 of 15 games, who's the best performing manager there? Surely wba and sunderlands managers have over achieved at their clubs where real possibly under achieved.

Both would be considered for the job over someone bottom of their league and on a losing streak hopefully, and then could be decided by names out of a hat or however Mac wants to do it.
    I apologise if I took you up wrong man, just been getting a lot of what I consider unwarranted criticism!

Yeah I noticed and have no plans to join the lench mob :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

It's my birthday today AND I support Spurs, therefore I think I should get the Spurs job...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it doesn't involve different GW's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Its a drain to read the thread at this stage, same thing everyday. I think everyone has made their feelings clear on the move from Malaga to Lazio. I wasn't a fan either but it's tiresome to read at this stage, I'm sure most would agree. Can we move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can we leave Malaga alone... There under new management now :pac:

Sur, by this evening we should have a new deserter to moan about :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads ya know how we all have a manager ranking?could we use that too decide future management decisions??

that is spot on, great idea

best man for the job gets it

and new comers start from the bottom and work up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

WilcoOut wrote: »
    that is spot on, great idea

best man for the job gets it

and new comers start from the bottom and work up

Is the game ranking only a reflection on this world?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

I know why dont we give it to Mongo, he'd tear that club up ye ha! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I don't know about anyone else, but the real thing for me is seeing where I can take the club and hopefully rise to the top Division. I've got another few gameworlds which are old and tbh they're not particularly fun since I haven't lead them from the start.

Just me, each to their own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

yes i agree. but consider the fact that the real manager or any other at a top club won't be going for these jobs(for the most part). and if they do have a stellar record then they should be considered. so basically once you get a top job its easier to stay in a top job, just like in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

yes i agree. but consider the fact that the real manager or any other at a top club won't be going for these jobs(for the most part). and if they do have a stellar record then they should be considered. so basically once you get a top job its easier to stay in a top job, just like in real life!

tbh maybe the manager points ranking is the best way to do it. you definitely shouldn't let underperforming managers move up, it defeats the purpose of the game. you should reward those who have done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sur, by this evening we should have a new deserter to moan about :D

Thank ****!

Al Proctor (Az manager)
    MArk Logan (Boca Juniors)
    Munster Magic (Newcastle)
    Teamshadowclan (Chivas)
    Gerp99 (US Palermo)
    socky08 (marsellies )
    nbar12
    Yakult (Sunderland)
    Rayne Wooney (psv)
    Niall B (Dynamo Kyiv)
    Copper pipe (fenerbache)
    Gary Sturgeon (Hamburg)
    Concobhar O'Maolruanaidh (Sunderland)
    all going in the draw now for Spurs job

mick jones has applied to take over RSC Anderlecht in The Boards.ie League. If you go to 'Home » My Game Worlds » Admin Custom Game World » Admin Managers' you can accept or reject this manager.

Whos mick jones lads?

And the WINNER is...........

• Advertisement

That was not a hat!!! :mad:

:pac:

That was not a hat!!! :mad:

:pac:

Fix!!

Congrats whoever got it, I couldn't read the name :P

Best Current Game World Managers

points. Ave Points. GamesManaged
    Eddy Mac 50 2.27 22 Dortmund
    Valentine Sutton 43 2.69 16 West Bromwich Albion
    Ian Mulvaney 42 2.80 15 São Paulo FC
    Ronan Bryan 42 2.62 16 Zenit
    king size mars bar 41 2.56 16 Leverkusen
    Neil McDonald 41 2.56 16 Spartak Moskva
    Time Machine 41 1.95 21 Paris Saint-Germain
    Ryan McCaul 37 2.47 15 Marseille
    David Slevin 36 2.40 15 Bordeaux
    Larry Murphy 35 2.50 14 Barcelona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Even better than the FA Cup draw :pac:

From now on lads the fairest way too work it will be threw your manager rankings i think.When a club is free lads apply and the highest applicant in 12 hours gets the job and so on and so forth

From now on lads the fairest way too work it will be threw your manager rankings i think.When a club is free lads apply and the highest applicant in 12 hours gets the job and so on and so forth

If it's only based on this world, how are the games managed different? 22, 16, 15, etc.

Is the game ranking only a reflection on this world?
    Is there a listing that shows all managers ranking?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

cant believe you went to all that trouble!!!!!

• Advertisement

cant believe you went to all that trouble!!!!!

thats why im reverting too managers rankings from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement