Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is there a listing that shows all managers ranking?

not as far as i can tell BUT if you go too fixtures.match preview.clubs it gives you this

Manager Information
    Manager (View History) Mr Freeze (47)
    Games Managed 16
    Manager Ranking 12 / 74
    Num. Trophies
    (View Trophy Cabinet) 0 top level
    0 lower division / play-off

so ill revert too that in future

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tumblr_m6jnatV5jW1rr7c36.gif

*Thinks it's my name on the draw*

:D

Awesome if true. Love the video.

yup congrades man!Im on the laptop now so resign from your team and arise Sir Spurs :)

And resigned :)

friend request sent...i messaged you on chat on SM too.

• Advertisement

Hey, sorry, wasn't online. Getting ready to go out now so I'll talk more later. Want to do up a quick summary of how I'm leaving Chivas in case anyone inherits it. So happy about Spurs job :)

tumblr_m6jnatV5jW1rr7c36.gif

Dave Shadow has become the new Tottenham Hotspur manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

MrMac84 wrote: »
    not as far as i can tell BUT if you go too fixtures.match preview.clubs it gives you this

Manager Information
    Games Managed 16
    Manager Ranking 12 / 74
    Num. Trophies

sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Manager Information
    Games Managed 16
    Manager Ranking 12 / 74
    Num. Trophies

Yeah, 12 from D2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Manager Information
    Games Managed 16
    Manager Ranking 12 / 74
    Num. Trophies

What is the ranking based on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

From now on lads the fairest way too work it will be threw your manager rankings i think.When a club is free lads apply and the highest applicant in 12 hours gets the job and so on and so forth

i know its a fair way to do it but ive joined 2 days ago with boca juniors. how can i honestly rank myself above the best squads in the world?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i know its a fair way to do it but ive joined 2 days ago with boca juniors. how can i honestly rank myself above the best squads in the world?

Firstly theres a 12 hour limit too apply for jobs and secondly when lads take over other teams there old teams come free so by moving too a team like that your rating will go up..

What is the ranking based on?

Points amassed over games I'm guessing but it might be a question for the forum

And cup games me reckons

Points amassed over games I'm guessing but it might be a question for the forum

I'm 36th so I think it's a bad idea

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    And cup games me reckons

If your joined the forum could you ask there how it works please?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

the last boca manager was in the top ten even after losing his first few games. won like 5 in a row or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

For anyone confused about the points system, here it is quoted from SM:
    The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.
    So basically, weaker teams who overachieve get rewarded better than strong teams who perform to their standard ability

Daemos wrote: »
    For anyone confused about the points system, here it is quoted from SM:So basically, weaker teams who overachieve get rewarded better than strong teams who perform to their standard ability

Well then lads that settles that.we will refer too the manager points too settle disputes on players changing teams...

Well then lads that settles that.we will refer too the manager points too settle disputes on players changing teams...

yeah its a good idea

• Advertisement

yeah its a good idea

It's defiantly fairer then drawing names from a hat I think.
    From now on we refer too those and it will give the lads at small teams something too think about.do they concentrate on the league or hope for some cup giant killings and big manager points so they push up the tables!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Back to the Footballing matters,

Genoa host top of the Gameworld Real Madrid in the 3rd round of the League Cup,

Youngsters in, i'm guessing they will be taught a few things tonight seems as though Real thrashed Ajax 5-1 in the last round :eek:

Haha, the offers are rolling in already. :D Should be noted that I'm willing to part with any player....for the right price. I'm also more than happy to keep all my top players so won't be letting anyone go cheap, especially Bale.

Have already accepted one bid though...

The offer for Ranieri SANDRO of Tottenham Hotspur from PSV has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Offer was 26m for him. Valued at 11m, so be crazy not to take it :)

Meanwhile, a quick write-up on Chivas for anyone who might be contemplating them. I managed to make them financial sound, even turning profits on away match days. Wouldn't take too long to save money for some more decent players. Best player, imo, is Shane Long who picked up MOTM awards in most games he played. Phil Neville will be retiring in real life next week so will need a replacement pretty quick. And there's a few kids who are on the up (last night, one jumped from 80 to 83).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Haha, the offers are rolling in already. :D Should be noted that I'm willing to part with any player....for the right price. I'm also more than happy to keep all my top players so won't be letting anyone go cheap, especially Bale.

Have already accepted one bid though...

The offer for Ranieri SANDRO of Tottenham Hotspur from PSV has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Offer was 26m for him. Valued at 11m, so be crazy not to take it :)

Meanwhile, a quick write-up on Chivas for anyone who might be contemplating them. I managed to make them financial sound, even turning profits on away match days. Wouldn't take too long to save money for some more decent players. Best player, imo, is Shane Long who picked up MOTM awards in most games he played. Phil Neville will be retiring in real life next week so will need a replacement pretty quick. And there's a few kids who are on the up (last night, one jumped from 80 to 83).

Holy ****! 26 for Sandro!!!! SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy ****! 26 for Sandro!!!! SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

It's defiantly fairer then drawing names from a hat I think.
    From now on we refer too those and it will give the lads at small teams something too think about.do they concentrate on the league or hope for some cup giant killings and big manager points so they push up the tables!

im only new with boca juniors and had no interest in staying until a club became available. but this new way of giving clubs to people really makes me want to achieve with boca by getting promoted(no cups because previous owner got knocked out of them).

i think all other small team managers will relish this challenge too

Just a quick word, I'm sorry if I don't respond to chat messages. Truth be told, I have a habit of not seeing them for ages after they are sent :( Sorry.

I've got one message from a manager that I have seen, and it's not that I'm not replying, it's that I'm weighing up the offer. I'll respond soon, I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

:eek::eek::eek:

Not by me! Ha ha! I wish!

I did a tentative enquiry though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

reserve juve team set now off to watch mighty wigan

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    reserve juve team set now off to watch mighty wigan

Yeah, wud be nice to finally see them relegated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement