Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

ZIELINSKI, Piotr

To the lads looking at this boyo, your gonna have to up your offers a bit, fairly promising young player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    ZIELINSKI, Piotr

To the lads looking at this boyo, your gonna have to up your offers a bit, fairly promising young player.

reading the papers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fantastic 2-0 win over a first team Barca!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

We have been drawn together in round 4, Bordeaux v Genoa.

I've knocked out Man Utd and Real Madrid on penalties after a bye in Round One,

I have a feeling it is my year :D
    Don't be so sure, I've hit some good form lately and I think we could take any team in the cup*

*I have a feeling its been against teams with an inactive manager :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, here's a question. How much do people look for when selling a player, in terms of a "If his value is X, I want X + ?"

Yesterday, I managed to shift two players for "X x 2" but obviously that's not going to be as easy to do with bigger value players. Yes, I'm talking about Bale here. So far, there's been two teams who have put in very good offers for him that involved cash + player(s). And although I've been tempted, I worry I've been spoiled by other transactions where I'm getting well above their value.

So do people always try and just get what the game says they are worth? Do you go for simple things like 50% more? How do you work out the value of a deal?

Also, on a similiar note, I'm currently looking to sell off...

Adebayor, Rated 91, F (C)
    Defoe, Rated 90, F (C)
    Gallas, Rated 89, D (C)

I'm also still willing to listen to offers for others (I notice Bale and Sigurdsson are attracting attention). I've also got bids in for two players at the moment. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No one can decide for you man.for example In another game world I play a lad swapped Ronaldo for bale kompany and hummels. Hes one of the top managers in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

you should be looking to coming out of the deal better off - whatever that means to you

look at the example above some guy swapped a 98 rated player for three 93 rated ones, all three of them have the possibility to rise in the future
    and would've given him a better squad depth

i'd be looking to be able to get a direct replacement or one just under with a chance of improving for the player sold & still make some cash from the deal - probably impossible in this GW at the some of the bigger clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

players are like used cars, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No one can decide for you man.for example In another game world I play a lad swapped Ronaldo for bale kompany and hummels. Hes one of the top managers in the game

I have bale, kompany and hummes in my other game world, not a prayer i'd do a swap like that!!! So.MrMac is spot on, its up to.the individual manager.

You asked what factors are to be considered, for me anyhow, I tend to go with real life factors rarher than in game world ones, thats just me, others will tell u different. I'll give you an example, in 3 other game worlds I went all out.for lewendowski, broke the bank, traded high value players etc.... as I believe hia 92 rating here will go up next season when he moves and since Dortmund have reached the CL final....

But again, others will do things a different way

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you should be looking to coming out of the deal better off - whatever that means to you

look at the example above some guy swapped a 98 rated player for three 93 rated ones, all three of them have the possibility to rise in the future
    and would've given him a better squad depth

i'd be looking to be able to get a direct replacement or one just under with a chance of improving for the player sold & still make some cash from the deal - probably impossible in this GW at the some of the bigger clubs

Totally agree, which is why I thought it was slightly strange u considered my offer for Ade and turned it down!

Again totally your call but.i was offering a better player right now (IMO) & some potential, for a 29 year old who willost likely move in the summer anyway....

Not having a go but more adding to the OP point!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can I use Non match fit players in friendly's ?

Or would he be to tired to be effective...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Totally agree, which is why I thought it was slightly strange u considered my offer for Ade and turned it down!

Again totally your call but.i was offering a better player right now (IMO) & some potential, for a 29 year old who willost likely move in the summer anyway....

Not having a go but more adding to the OP point!!

I did see the merit in that deal. But for me, I was trading one declining striker for another. If I managed to get my first choice striker (who I've got a bid in for right now), I might reconsider, but for now, I just saw that offer as a step sideways rather than an improvement, both short and long term.

Likewise with your current offer for Defoe. I know Klose is slightly better right now, but I'd nearly be more inclined to offload Defoe and seek a younger striker with potential to improve as a backup striker while keeping an eye out for a first string striker as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Klose is still the man, wonder if he would fancy ever moving back to germany.......

Klose is still the man, wonder if he would fancy ever moving back to germany.......

He might!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Anyone up for a friendly tonight?

Newcastle

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can I use Non match fit players in friendly's ?

Or would he be to tired to be effective...

You can.
    Friendlys have no effect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

can i invite a friend to join this or do they have to a boards member, cause he's not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone up for a friendly tonight?

Newcastle

ill play you if you want. boca juniors

Tonight the most anticipated friendly will take place.

SS Lazio Vs Malaga CF !!

The SS Lazio manager will want to prove he can handle the pressure under a new club.

While the Malaga CF players will be looking for revenge against their fleeing ex manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone up for a friendly if newcastle already found one?

boca juniors

• Advertisement

Tonight the most anticipated friendly will take place.

SS Lazio Vs Malaga CF !!

The SS Lazio manager will want to prove he can handle the pressure under a new club.

While the Malaga CF players will be looking for revenge against their fleeing ex manager.

Or

Lazio will use the exercise to see what the squad players can do! The Lazio manager whilst speaking to the media attempted to play down the hype around this friendly...

He said and I quote 'its only a game' gremio is the important one for us.... (dig at Malaga!) Ha ha!!!!!!!!!

Looking forwars to it! Pity its not a cup game though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Anyone want a friendly against the Genoa second string, send me a request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone looking to loan out an 88+ player? contact boca juniors

Ya will be very lucky to get an 88 player id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ill play you if you want. boca juniors

accepted

swoody wrote: »
    can i invite a friend to join this or do they have to a boards member, cause he's not
    I don't have a problem with this at all.you can post here too say who he is.
    Just be prepared for any dealings too be done between ye too be called "dodgy"ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Jesus, would Spurs accept the offer on Bale already or alternatively, Manu stop making bids ... my news feed has a Bale-bro-mance going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CavalierTD

Just applied for the Palmeiras job

CavalierTD wrote: »

SO HAPPY !!!!!! :D

SO HAPPY !!!!!! :D
    Is it like your abandoned kid ending up with s foster family?!

• Advertisement

CavalierTD wrote: »
    I pointed this fella at our league btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement