Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My chairman is some pain in the hole, want to sign a player, young guy, improver, low 80's rating but I feel he will improve alot in the coming years rating wise. Very highly rated and can see him playing for a decent team in the near future, he is currently valued at 4.3 million in the game

Grand, except my chairman values him at 1.4 million and I cant make any sort of effort to sign him, ****ing joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kryogen wrote: »
    My chairman is some pain in the hole, want to sign a player, young guy, improver, low 80's rating but I feel he will improve alot in the coming years rating wise. Very highly rated and can see him playing for a decent team in the near future, he is currently valued at 4.3 million in the game

Grand, except my chairman values him at 1.4 million and I cant make any sort of effort to sign him, ****ing joke.
    That's because you must have alot of similar players age and position wise in your team already bud

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That's because you must have alot of similar players age and position wise in your team already bud

Completely irrelevant :)

Can never have too many promising youngsters in this game, it would be different if I needed to be playing them or blooding them to develop them but I have nothing to do with it, plenty of guys I have wanted to buy are not even in the game database yet which is also frustrating!

What difference does it make to the chairman anyway? He should back me in the transfer market, not like spending 500k-5mil is going to break the club

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Stats all sound very familiar to me, and so i have made a bid for a player i have had on my shortlist which may or may not be him,

I had earmarked himself and Rhodes early on, Secured Rhodes and said I'd leave the other,

If it is him you have just panicked me into trying to sign him, when i really should be strengthening elsewhere :pac:

I dunno, I dont think its the same guy cause nobody showed up as interested in him :)

Any half well known young player is more then likely after being snapped up by Dortmund or Juve, few I have looked for were already gone (the advantages of playing this game a long time, get them straight away in a new gameworld)

There are plenty who have not even been added to the database yet though so keeping my eyes peeled there.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I dont think its the same guy cause nobody showed up as interested in him :)

Any half well known young player is more then likely after being snapped up by Dortmund or Juve, few I have looked for were already gone (the advantages of playing this game a long time, get them straight away in a new gameworld)

There are plenty who have not even been added to the database yet though so keeping my eyes peeled there.

It must not be, but as I say you panicked me :)

Don't think he is the Real Madrid type of player anyways!

I bet you are glad to have had a 2 goal come back of your own last match day, after what happened in El Classico!

RIGHT..I was led too belive that Chelsea were unmanaged.They are not.YET.So the 24 hour clock on the applications hasnt started not until they remove the current manager!

Bremen Eric Pepper 26 Days
    Celtic Michael Gavin 27 days
    FC Twente Darren Smyth 29 days
    Chelsea Rory Brett 29 Days
    Are all close too being removed as managers so i think there will be a manager merry go around begining shortly.NO APPLICATIONS too be made untill they are unmanaged tho!

Willow Murphy has become the new Estudiantes manager.

Eddy Mac was unable to prevent a Dortmund defeat to Barcelona.
    Dortmund lost 4 - 3 to Barcelona in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Götze and Rémy were amongst the goalscorers.

Real Madrid
    Dortmund
    Barcelona
    Paris SG
    all in persuit of each other!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The chairman is probably the one thing that would drive me off the game right now.

I go back to the Benteke example, where I happily would have paid around 25m, but my chairman wouldn't let me do more than 15m. At the moment, players are going for between double and triple what their ingame worths are, and that's grand cause that's our prerogative as managers. And I get that they want some safeguards against cheating.

But we shouldn't be limited by the chairman like that. If I want to pay X for a player, then it's my (game) money to spend. If there's dodgy deals, it should be up to whoever's running the gameworld to investigate, not the "chairman".

Anyway, I too am starting to snap up as much young talent as I can. I've already beaten Juvi to one guy, and have two more young guys waiting to accept the deals. But I'm guessing there's a few of us using the same forums right now and trying to sign up new, young players as soon as they are recommended on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I too am starting to snap up as much young talent as I can. I've already beaten Juvi to one guy
    you should put a bid in for Gyliano VAN VELZEN.

i thought i'd be logging on today to see i'd snapped him up but it fell through (said i didnt have the funds which is BS)

Dortmund and someone else have already lodge bids so you better get a move on. i'm letting this one slide now as i've found a better prospect.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

swoody wrote: »

i thought i'd be logging on today to see i'd snapped him up but it fell through (said i didnt have the funds which is BS)

Dortmund and someone else have already lodge bids so you better get a move on. i'm letting this one slide now as i've found a better prospect.....

Gonna put a bid on him, don't want him but it will force the other managers to up their bids..:D:D

• Advertisement

Done :P

The only major worry I have is about how long people will stick with the game.

I've joined games similiar to this before only for everyone else to stop playing after a while :( Obviously the way development works in this game is that it takes months/years (as opposed to days, ala FM). Be interesting to see if people stick with the gameworld long term and we see profits on these youngsters.

What's the deal with doing this?thats bad f-ing form!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

What's the deal with doing this?thats bad f-ing form!
    i was just offering advice on a young fella. wasn't expecting others to jump on board so fast.... anyway it makes transfers more interesting when there's more involved!

i was just offering advice on a young fella. wasn't expecting others to jump on board so fast.... anyway it makes transfers more interesting when there's more involved!
    It doesn't when you just hand out a BIG prospect too guys!you wouldn't have liked yesterday when I seen you bidded for him for me too post his name!i only bidded this morning as your deal fell threw!many times ive bidding on players and others have gotten involved and I didn't post the names here!

I'd be inclined to agree with Mac that it's somewhat unfair if you've spent time scouting a guy and spot a good chance to snag a kid with potential, and then someone comes on here and just tells everyone.

Not, mind, that I'm retracting my bid. Info is out now so I'm going for him at the lowest possible price. But I'd imagine if one or two of the kids I'd found had been outed like that, I'd be irked too...:pac:

Thanks Dave
    I posted a big list of players here not so long ago but was carefull not too post players there was bids in on.I think it's wholey unfair too post young players or even post players who are at external clubs and there transfer bans are about too finish just so the player begins an auction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Thanks Dave
    I posted a big list of players here not so long ago but was carefull not too post players there was bids in on.I think it's wholey unfair too post young players or even post players who are at external clubs and there transfer bans are about too finish just so the player begins an auction!

Sure ya have half the players in the game already...Stop being greedy!!!:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

if you cant bid high enough for a player then its because you have too many players in that position. if you sold one of them players then your max bid for the certain player will increase

SS Lazio - Undisclosed Fee. SSC Napoli - Undisclosed Fee. Tottenham Hotspur - Undisclosed Fee. Marseille - Undisclosed Fee. Flamengo - Undisclosed Fee. Sevilla - Undisclosed Fee. Boca Juniors - Undisclosed Fee.

Only 2 teams interested untill his name was posted here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

SS Lazio - Undisclosed Fee. SSC Napoli - Undisclosed Fee. Tottenham Hotspur - Undisclosed Fee. Marseille - Undisclosed Fee. Flamengo - Undisclosed Fee. Sevilla - Undisclosed Fee. Boca Juniors - Undisclosed Fee.

may aswell hope on the bandwagon lol :)

• Advertisement

Hopped on myself,

Just hope the gameworld doesn't crash!

Anyways where is Tupac_Healy gone?

He doesn't seem to post as much anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Just because he plays for man united doesn't mean he's automatically a great prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Just because he plays for man united doesn't mean he's automatically a great prospect

who you on about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Looks like I have a steep learning curve to climb!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Hamburg have decided to let min son go to sevilla for 20million
    Liverpool put in same offer and i actually did ine meany miney mo to pick between the two and sevilla won!ha

My big young prospect gone but it now means i will have the funds to put in a serious offer for a top player

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Who are we talking about? I'll buy him an nurture him for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anyways where is Tupac_Healy gone?

He doesn't seem to post as much anymore.

Still here, I've givin myself a watching brief regards this thread......

Some of the stuff on this thread has really got to me and I feel it better I dont respond as i am coming across all wrong!!!

Im far more laid back outside of here so im not going to let it (some posters too) wind me up.

Thanks for asking bout me though!!!!!!!

@ mac, reading what happened today, its like I told ya man, there are a few here that will **** it up! Not an 'I told ya so person' but!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

how do real life transfers effect SM

with bayern signing Goetze - how does this effect our game?

does he remain a dortmund player in our world or does he go to bayern on transfer day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Eh just to be fair to.me, I had my bid in before u!!! Ha ha!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement