Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

WilcoOut wrote: »
    how do real life transfers effect SM

with bayern signing Goetze - how does this effect our game?

does he remain a dortmund player in our world or does he go to bayern on transfer day

he'll stay with dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MrMac84 wrote: »
    SS Lazio - Undisclosed Fee. SSC Napoli - Undisclosed Fee. Tottenham Hotspur - Undisclosed Fee. Marseille - Undisclosed Fee. Flamengo - Undisclosed Fee. Sevilla - Undisclosed Fee. Boca Juniors - Undisclosed Fee.

Only 2 teams interested untill his name was posted here!
    Aaaarg, hate when that happens!!!

Seems like a promising youngster was discovered, his name was leaked to the press and loads more jump on the band wagon AND ... I'm only on my phone and cant find the little sod in the GW!!! :cool:

Im gonna stay out of this one, hope one of the 2 initial bidders end up with him.

I have the money and the youth set up to nurture guys like this but ... Wouldnt be fair ...

kryogen wrote: »
    I dunno, I dont think its the same guy cause nobody showed up as interested in him :)

Any half well known young player is more then likely after being snapped up by Dortmund or Juve, few I have looked for were already gone (the advantages of playing this game a long time, get them straight away in a new gameworld)

There are plenty who have not even been added to the database yet though so keeping my eyes peeled there.

Good to see FCP are operating below the radar! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Aaaarg, hate when that happens!!!

Im gonna stay out of this one, hope one of the 2 initial bidders end up with him.

I withdrew my bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good to see FCP are operating below the radar! :cool:

To e honest, I know your signing loads of young players, but any of the ones I would actually sign are with teams like Dortmund and Juve. Havent come across any of the guys I went searching for at Porto :P

(Oooooo burn!)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i bet if someone other than the first 2 biggers for that man united prospect get the player then he will get alot of unnecessary abuse. it will probably be me:o

To e honest, I know your signing loads of young players, but any of the ones I would actually sign are with teams like Dortmund and Juve. Havent come across any of the guys I went searching for at Porto :P

(Oooooo burn!)

Ouch that hurt! :p

Im happy with young players that i got because of potential.... Then Theres the rises i bought at 10k, now some/most of them are just here to generate revenue;)

(Oooooo burn!)

And then theres the fact that a significant number of my youngsters are on the shortlist of either Juve or Dortmund or both .... May be you didnt look close enought ;)

And then there's the attached :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

is it safe to come out.....?

4Yrut.gif

swoody wrote: »
    is it safe to come out.....?

4Yrut.gif

nope!

:P

• Advertisement

nope!

:P
    i'll let you have you know who...... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Speaking of Porto, just put in an offer on a guy I've been waiting for a response on all day :(

SS Lazio - Undisclosed Fee. Marseille - Undisclosed Fee. Flamengo - Undisclosed Fee. Sevilla - Undisclosed Fee. Genoa CFC - Undisclosed Fee. Tottenham Hotspur - Undisclosed Fee. Barcelona - Undisclosed Fee. Boca Juniors - Undisclosed Fee.

All "Scouted" this player...1 of these is going too pay close on 3 million quid for a player who 99%of us have never seen play and if he rise's 10 will prob then be only be worth what they originally paid!

Speaking of Porto, just put in an offer on a guy I've been waiting for a response on all day :(

i find that about 70% of managers blank my offers. so dont wait around for a decision

Its an external team.

In fairness, I've only had one manager completly blank me though. Nearly everyone I've dealt with respond pretty quickly.

EDIT: And now Lazio have bid on the free agent I've been waiting for all day :'(

SS Lazio - Undisclosed Fee. Marseille - Undisclosed Fee. Flamengo - Undisclosed Fee. Sevilla - Undisclosed Fee. Genoa CFC - Undisclosed Fee. Tottenham Hotspur - Undisclosed Fee. Barcelona - Undisclosed Fee. Boca Juniors - Undisclosed Fee.

All "Scouted" this player...1 of these is going too pay close on 3 million quid for a player who 99%of us have never seen play and if he rise's 10 will prob then be only be worth what they originally paid!
    not him...the "other" fella ;)

Sorry, was doing my other job all day, only just got around to looking for players

not him...the "other" fella ;)

This is getting intriguing! All cloak and dagger!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

getting very tight at the top of div 2, not having much luck with injuries. next game is a biggie 2nd v 3rd

This is getting intriguing! All cloak and dagger!
    nah! its only a game after all :rolleyes:

anyone want a friendly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

getting very tight at the top of div 2, not having much luck with injuries. next game is a biggie 2nd v 3rd
    And also 1st vs 4th on the same night. Thursday will be a big night in Division 2

I've bid 700k, and think that's overly generous. If anyone is bidding in the millions, I've got some magic beans out back too...

I will say though that it could be a problem, and I mean this with the greatest respect, brought on by the fact you and a few others have bought 90% of the good young talent. A lot of people don't know how to find such players or simply can't do the research into the game. As I mentioned before, I sat down a few days back, got a list of 20-30 players through research online who were cheap but had potential, and when I went through them, found 99% of them were all in the same 2 or 3 teams already.

So this morning, when someone says "this kid has potential, buy him!", everyone jumps at the chance to get one of the few good prospects left on the market. Because that chance really isn't coming along that often.

Don't get me wrong, I get the mindset of buying everyone asap. In the long term, you'll probably clean up and rake in the cash. But maybe leave some young talent out there for the rest of us too. Otherwise, you'll get a situation in the short term where everyone is desperate so overspend, and both short and long term, won't have the cash to buy any of your developed players since we never got the chance to make profit ourselves. I can't imagine it'll be much fun having 50 players worth a fortune and no one left to pay for them... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Daemos wrote: »
    And also 1st vs 4th on the same night. Thursday will be a big night in Division 2
    i wonder if sky sports will have a double bill on that night with cameras at both games!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I only threw a bid in for the craic,I don't even want him,barely offered the asking price

I've bid 700k, and think that's overly generous. If anyone is bidding in the millions, I've got some magic beans out back too...

I will say though that it could be a problem, and I mean this with the greatest respect, brought on by the fact you and a few others have bought 90% of the good young talent. A lot of people don't know how to find such players or simply can't do the research into the game. As I mentioned before, I sat down a few days back, got a list of 20-30 players through research online who were cheap but had potential, and when I went through them, found 99% of them were all in the same 2 or 3 teams already.

So this morning, when someone says "this kid has potential, buy him!", everyone jumps at the chance to get one of the few good prospects left on the market. Because that chance really isn't coming along that often.

Don't get me wrong, I get the mindset of buying everyone asap. In the long term, you'll probably clean up and rake in the cash. But maybe leave some young talent out there for the rest of us too. Otherwise, you'll get a situation in the short term where everyone is desperate so overspend, and both short and long term, won't have the cash to buy any of your developed players since we never got the chance to make profit ourselves. I can't imagine it'll be much fun having 50 players worth a fortune and no one left to pay for them... ;)

well said man. all the talent has been taken and nobody is whilling to sell anybody for under 30 million so my money is useless. therefore i max bidded for the lad.

small clubs like me and half of the gameworld have no chance at success once we progress from division 4 up to division 2 and 1 :(

Speaking of potential

Diacko FOFANA has completed his move to FC Porto from OGC Nice for 500,000. All other offers were turned down.

Chelsea are free.any manager who wants them post now.

Any managers who want the Chelsea job post here with your current team.
    After the first manager posts his interest the 2nd manager MUST quote him or copy and paste his name and club

I.e if I was declare my interest and wrote
    1:MrMac84 Dortmund
    And if say TeamShadowClan wanted them his post should have me as number 1 then himself 2 and so on!
    Highest ranking manager in 24 hours gets the job!
    I WILL NOT be taking applications in private mails or on soccermanager only here too keep conversation going.

Also FC Twente are now free too manage PLEASE NOTE you can only apply for either Chelsea or Twente!Not both

24 hour clock begins on them now too.

• Advertisement

Damn it. Lost both the kids I was after yesterday. One to Porto, one to Boca :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement