Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Also FC Twente are now free too manage PLEASE NOTE you can only apply for either Chelsea or Twente!Not both

24 hour clock begins on them now too.

RickyOFlaherty (Sunderland) - CHELSEA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MarkY91 wrote: »
    well said man. all the talent has been taken and nobody is whilling to sell anybody for under 30 million so my money is useless. therefore i max bidded for the lad.

Its why I kind of wish there was a cap on squad size at round 40 or so. More than enough for people to build a first and second string team, AND have plenty of youngsters, while also making sure a small handful aren't hoarding all the wealth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Its why I kind of wish there was a cap on squad size at round 40 or so. More than enough for people to build a first and second string team, AND have plenty of youngsters, while also making sure a small handful aren't hoarding all the wealth :(
    i'll draw up a shortlist of south americans from my shortlist and post it here.......might take a while! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I was just about to post the same thing, a max squad size would make sense. I say this as someone who has bought a fair few decent youths.

Lads who haven't played the game before have no chance, before they even realise what is going on all the decent players have been hoovered up and as an offshoot of that everyone is scared to sell their star players as they know they can't replace them. A fault in the game for sure but i don't blame the managers who are buying all the kids, they are looking after themselves and rightly so.

PS..Damn you dortmund, outbidding me an another youth...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

RickyOFlaherty (Sunderland) - CHELSEA

2. Mark Logan (Boca Juniors) -FC TWENTE

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I was just about to post the same thing, a max squad size would make sense. I say this as someone who has bought a fair few decent youths.

Lads who haven't played the game before have no chance, before they even realise what is going on all the decent players have been hoovered up and as an offshoot of that everyone is scared to sell their star players as they know they can't replace them. A fault in the game for sure but i don't blame the managers who are buying all the kids, they are looking after themselves and rightly so.

PS..Damn you dortmund, outbidding me an another youth...:D:D

me too. i was also thinking of posting that a certain trasfer fund can only be spent each season :P the big teams now and the teams with tons of youth are the only clubs who can compete in division 1. im boca juniors and i know i can easily work my way up to division 1 but then im ****ed against all the super squads

here are some you all might be interested in from Argentina and Brazil..... the're a mix of 16 - 29 year olds

Juan Cavallaro -- Unión
    Jonathan Bustos -- Huracán
    Lucas Janson -- Tigre
    Pablo Bruna -- Unión
    Lucas Villafáñez -- Independiente
    Carlos Luque -- Colón
    Matías Laba -- Toronto
    Germán Pezzella -- River Plate
    Hugo Nervo -- Arsenal de Sarandi
    Lucas Kruspzky -- Arsenal de Sarandi
    Leandro González Pírez -- River Plate
    David Achucarro -- Douglas Haig
    Esteban Andrada -- Lanús
    Mauro Maidana -- Unión
    Augusto Fernández -- Celta Vigo
    Mariano Andújar -- Catania Calcio
    Pablo Barrientos -- Catania Calcio
    Gonzalo Bergessio -- Catania Calcio
    Maxi Moralez -- Atalanta
    José Sosa -- Metalist
    Sebastián Blanco -- Metalist
    Emiliano Armenteros -- Osasuna
    Darío Cvitanich -- Nice
    Gabriel Paletta -- Parma
    Federico Chiapello -- Unión
    Nicolás Bertolo -- Cruz Azul
    Jonathan Bottinelli -- River Plate
    Julián Velazquez -- Independiente
    Lisandro Lopez -- Arsenal de Sarandí
    Nicolás Tagliafico -- Banfield
    Fernando Elizari -- Quilmes AC
    Fabián Muñoz -- Newell’s Old Boys
    Lucas Melano -- Belgrano
    Juan Carlos Lescano -- River Plate

Teixeira Luan -- Vasco da Gama
    Joéliton Mansur -- Vitória
    Arthur Maia -- Vitória
    Luiz Vander -- Bahia
    Anjos Dieyson -- Vasco da Gama
    Santos Romáiro -- Vitória
    João Choco -- Ludogorets Razgrad
    Yago Oikachu -- Paysandu SC
    Carlos Gil -- Corinthians
    Bairros Danilinho -- Tigres
    Domingues Claudemir -- FC København
    Santos Cicero -- Santos
    Ramos Cássio -- Corinthians
    Guilherme Siqueira -- Granada CF
    Pedro Geromel -- Cologne
    Marcos Arouca -- Santos
    Túlio De Melo -- Lille OSC
    Paulo André -- Corinthians

will do chile, colombia and so on later....

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

swoody wrote: »
    here are some you all might be interested in from Argentina and Brazil..... the're a mix of 16 - 29 year olds

Juan Cavallaro -- Unión
    Jonathan Bustos -- Huracán
    Lucas Janson -- Tigre
    Pablo Bruna -- Unión
    Lucas Villafáñez -- Independiente
    Carlos Luque -- Colón
    Matías Laba -- Toronto
    Germán Pezzella -- River Plate
    Hugo Nervo -- Arsenal de Sarandi
    Lucas Kruspzky -- Arsenal de Sarandi
    Leandro González Pírez -- River Plate
    David Achucarro -- Douglas Haig
    Esteban Andrada -- Lanús
    Mauro Maidana -- Unión
    Augusto Fernández -- Celta Vigo
    Mariano Andújar -- Catania Calcio
    Pablo Barrientos -- Catania Calcio
    Gonzalo Bergessio -- Catania Calcio
    Maxi Moralez -- Atalanta
    José Sosa -- Metalist
    Sebastián Blanco -- Metalist
    Emiliano Armenteros -- Osasuna
    Darío Cvitanich -- Nice
    Gabriel Paletta -- Parma
    Federico Chiapello -- Unión
    Nicolás Bertolo -- Cruz Azul
    Jonathan Bottinelli -- River Plate
    Julián Velazquez -- Independiente
    Lisandro Lopez -- Arsenal de Sarandí
    Nicolás Tagliafico -- Banfield
    Fernando Elizari -- Quilmes AC
    Fabián Muñoz -- Newell’s Old Boys
    Lucas Melano -- Belgrano
    Juan Carlos Lescano -- River Plate

Teixeira Luan -- Vasco da Gama
    Joéliton Mansur -- Vitória
    Arthur Maia -- Vitória
    Luiz Vander -- Bahia
    Anjos Dieyson -- Vasco da Gama
    Santos Romáiro -- Vitória
    João Choco -- Ludogorets Razgrad
    Yago Oikachu -- Paysandu SC
    Carlos Gil -- Corinthians
    Bairros Danilinho -- Tigres
    Domingues Claudemir -- FC København
    Santos Cicero -- Santos
    Ramos Cássio -- Corinthians
    Guilherme Siqueira -- Granada CF
    Pedro Geromel -- Cologne
    Marcos Arouca -- Santos
    Túlio De Melo -- Lille OSC
    Paulo André -- Corinthians

will do chile, colombia and so on later....
    Nice work

me too. i was also thinking of posting that a certain trasfer fund can only be spent each season :P

Nah, that's too extreme. If teams have cash, then they have a right to spend it, and imo, other players have a right to demand more off them. I paid triple what Hernandez was worth, but didn't mind cause I had the cash and am a big fan of his. As time goes on, that's how smaller teams are going to grow; fleecing the bigger teams who want some players.

Though that, again, goes back to my point of making sure more than 2 or 3 teams get players that are going to have a good resale value...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Though that, again, goes back to my point of making sure more than 2 or 3 teams get players that are going to have a good resale value...

But that point about 2r3 teams having ALL the players is wrong!
    Firstly new "Stars" turn up all over the world everyday.No way can they ALL be bought up.Lewandowski was being bought for 5 million less then 2 years ago!If a player you like is at another club then shortlist him and move on.Theres PLENTY of other players undiscovered out there!
    Secondly if there is a player that goes up for sale too the highest bider the smaller teams have a clear advantage in that their chairman will alllow them too pay WAAY more then the big teams will!

Your talking about resale value.That young fela Van Zelzen is going too be bought for about 3million hes only rated 75
    He will have too rise too 84 or 85 too be worth 3 million minimum at chairmans value.
    So thats a jump of 10 with NO profit too be made.
    Surely lads looking at him for "resale" value would be better off finding a young 16/17 year old and buying him too sell him for a million profit when he rises 4r5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 pauladey91

Hi I'm an experienced manager and love soccermanager I have won division 1 titles and champions leagues with notts county my current clubs real Madrid have won 3 titles and 2 champions leagues in 3 seasons and my barca has also been very competetive. I am interested in joining your league I am also friends with mark Logan who is currently in your league and would love an oppurtunity to manage in this great league. I understand there are no teams left at the minute but am told a few clubs are about to be free soon so if you could message me if it is possible to join I would be highly grateful?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pauladey91

Hi I'm an experienced manager and love soccermanager I have won division 1 titles and champions leagues with notts county my current clubs real Madrid have won 3 titles and 2 champions leagues in 3 seasons and my barca has also been very competetive. I am interested in joining your league I am also friends with mark Logan who is currently in your league and would love an oppurtunity to manage in this great league. I understand there are no teams left at the minute but am told a few clubs are about to be free soon so if you could message me if it is possible to join I would be highly grateful?

Which is why I said I think it's crazy that anyone would spend that much money on the player. You're right, 3m for him is too much and if anyone wins a bid with that, they have more money than sense. I'm not debating that point at all.

My point, though, was most people don't know what to look for in kids. Most people don't have the knowledge of African or South American football to pick out the best talents who are cheap now and will rise. There's no point in a small team going and buying other 15/16 year olds just for the sake of buying. So I go back to my earlier point that when someone comes on and says "This guy has a lot of potential", everyone jumps on him because it's all they have to go on.

I put myself in that category. Most of my buyings so far have been based on another website where people say "I think this guy will be good". For me, right now, the footballers are falling into three categories.

1. Superstars that aren't for sale, except for the most ridiculous bids. (Lewandowski, Bale, Isco, Rodriquez).
    2. Players who are for sale, but because they are known, are going for double to triple their value. (Hernandez, Kompany, Son to list some examples off the top of my head).
    3. Players who no one knows and who we rely on other websites to say "They are good" and who are going for about 1.5 times their value.

Again, from a personal perspective, I got two players from Tier 2 and stocked up on a few players from Tier 3. Even then, as I said before, that list of players from Tier 3 that I built up had nearly all been bought up by the teams at the top of Div 1. I got my 50th and 51st choices....

Please note, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that from the individual's point of view. If you've got the funds to do it, and you were quick enough to snap up that talent quickly, fair play. I don't want people to think I'm complaining about anyone or giving out. I'm just trying to have a discussion on it. It's the game and its system I'm irked about, not the players who take advantage.

But in general, the players that are then left, especially in terms of young talent, are ones who are basically being shunned, and it's simple logic to presume they are being left for a reason. You're right, the best option is to seek out the players who you can buy cheap and sell off for more later on. But since this isn't Football Manager, and we don't have a scouting system and the ability to see specific stats and potential, that's not easy for people to do. On top of that, the majority of these targets I've identified have already been snapped up, mostly by the same three or four teams. That's not going to be a huge problem for me in the long run, given who I have at the moment. I'm not cash strapped.

But for some of the smaller teams, they don't have the huge amounts to outbid you on players. You say that a smaller team can bid more because their chairman will allow them, but that ignores the fact most teams in Div 4 will have very small budgets to begin with. They may outbid you on one player, but not on 50 of them. And if they get that player, it's 25% of their overall budget gone.

Again, I'm not attacking anyone. I stand by the fact that it wasn't the greatest thing to do to out a young player someone else has scouted and is after. I'm just trying to explain WHY there's been such a frenzy of bids for this one player. And I'm also trying to point out it might be great if in the future you've got 300 million worth of youth players, but if no one has the cash to buy them, that could be a problem for you too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

There's no real drawback for these massive squads either.
    Most of the top division(1 +2) teams have a squad size of 50+ players and are still making a profit weekly.

just seen the bids on Van Zelzen......

tumblr_m4vjm5Ccs41qj3ir1.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Boca must really want him

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

lol @ all the offers around his value and then the giant leap to 2.9 million :eek:

Does what you bid actually affect where he moves to, or does Boca just have money to burn?

Boca just really wanted him I guess.

just to clear up the van velzen transfer...8 or so clubs bid so i decided i want to guarantee his signing. my money is USELESS in this gameworld as nobody will sell anybody. anyone for sale is on the decline in real life and even then, managers want 3 x what hes worth and what my chairman will even allow.

therefore i dont care how much i paid with the valueless money :P

therefore i dont care how much i paid with the valueless money :P

Gonna be some top notch transfers if you get the Chelsea job. Everyone will be getting rich :P

• Advertisement

Gonna be some top notch transfers if you get the Chelsea job. Everyone will be getting rich :P

i wouldnt been to overpay if i was chelsea manager because id already have a good team and my success in the future wouldnt rely on finding the next superstar.

OI Tottenham you wanna buy Nicola Leali anymore....? i'll do you a deal for 5M since your selling Friedel

OI Tottenham you wanna buy Nicola Leali anymore....? i'll do you a deal for 5M since your selling Friedel

Nah, I'm good.

I bought Steele as my back up keeper. I know he might not be as good potentially as Leali, but I don't need a third keeper (hence why I'm moving off Friedel...). Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Not huge interest in the available jobs it seems?

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Not huge interest in the available jobs it seems?

Nope only 1 for Chelsea and 1 for twente!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Would love to go for the Chelsea job but I've already started creating something at Sevilla and would be throwing it all away if I got the job so have to pass :(

Sevilla for life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Cup tonight but I need to rest my players for the league game, relegation zone is scary.

Think might sacrifice the cup.

Would love to go for the Chelsea job but I've already started creating something at Sevilla and would be throwing it all away if I got the job so have to pass :(

Sevilla for life
    Well people have till 11am too apply so if you change your mind let us know.

Game Update 28/5/13

The Finances section of the game has been updated to include a new weekly view of the finances rather than the previous turn based snapshot which should making tracking the financial performance of your club easier.
    There is also now an option to select the Charts tab which shows key financial elements in visual form. On this tab there are two similar charts showing club income and expenditure. As you might expect, the 'All Income/Expenditure' chart includes every item of revenue and cost, including things like player sales/purchases and prize money. This might sometimes give you a distorted picture of club finances (i.e. if you have just signed or sold a player) and so there is another similar chart called 'Regular Income/Expenditure' which does not include things like player sales/purchases and prize money and so should give a clearer picture of how well your club finances are progressing.
    Recent game updates place an increased focus on managing your wage bill and we hope this new feature will make this element of the game easier

Boca withdrew there bid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    There's no real drawback for these massive squads either.
    Most of the top division(1 +2) teams have a squad size of 50+ players and are still making a profit weekly.

Oh how I wish, squad of 27 and barely breaking even :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement