Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MarkY91 wrote: »

...application countdown for chelsea and twente appear to be over. looks like i got the twente job and Concobhar O'Maolruanaidh got the chelsea job.

Yup your right ye are the new Chelsea and Fc Twente managers.im in work at the moment on my mobile so here's what I'd like ye too do.
    1.Add me as a friend on soccermanager
    2.Quit yer posts at the clubs ye manage now
    3.ill be on the laptop at lunchtime and will offer ye yer new clubs then ok?

I'm shocked that there wasn't more managers interested in the Chelsea job too be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yup your right ye are the new Chelsea and Fc Twente managers.im in work at the moment on my mobile so here's what I'd like ye too do.
    1.Add me as a friend on soccermanager
    2.Quit yer posts at the clubs ye manage now
    3.ill be on the laptop at lunchtime and will offer ye yer new clubs then ok?

ill do now. im shocked too. i thought at least 5 people would apply for the chelsea job

pauladey91 wrote: »
    Hi I'm an experienced manager and love soccermanager I have won division 1 titles and champions leagues with notts county my current clubs real Madrid have won 3 titles and 2 champions leagues in 3 seasons and my barca has also been very competetive. I am interested in joining your league I am also friends with mark Logan who is currently in your league and would love an oppurtunity to manage in this great league. I understand there are no teams left at the minute but am told a few clubs are about to be free soon so if you could message me if it is possible to join I would be highly grateful?

Sunderland and boca juniors will both be free if you'd like too apply for one.
    This goes for all players too lads if someone fancys boca r Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sunderland and boca juniors will both be free if you'd like too apply for one.
    This goes for all players too lads if someone fancys boca r Sunderland

boca has 2 players rated 90 and a good few youth prospects i bought. i think teams like velez should apply for the boca job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

I've applied for the Boca Job!

phone2000 wrote: »
    I've applied for the Boca Job!

New manager?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm shocked that there wasn't more managers interested in the Chelsea job too be honest!

Yeah, me too. Chelsea have a team that should be doing pretty well in the league. Some cracking players. baffles me there were 8 applications for Spurs and 1 for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

New manager?

Newish, I've only been registered on the site for about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Yeah, me too. Chelsea have a team that should be doing pretty well in the league. Some cracking players. baffles me there were 8 applications for Spurs and 1 for Chelsea.

I was thinking last night that it showed a lack of activity in the world and on here that more people didn't apply. I don't believe people wouldn't have been interested in the job especially after how many were interested in Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I would apply for the Chelsea job but I feel I'm building a decent thing here at Besiktas, wouldn't feel right jumping ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I considered applying, but given the fact they are doomed for this season in my opinion, have a small enough squad and key players not match fit, it was not worth having to start all over again considering the time I have put into my current job.

These small clubs grow on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pauladey91

Hi what club can I apply for I'm new but I'm friends with mark the new twente manager and would love to join this league could you tell me a club I could manage please

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pauladey91

Ive applied to be dynamo kyiv if that's ok would live the oppurtunity to manage them if that's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I thought it was going to the highest ranking manager who applied? Once I saw a 287 ranked manager I thought there was no point, otherwise for sure I would have applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

if there was a lack of interest in the Chelsea job, how many are gonna apply for a certain Scottish club in div 4 2moro?

Ronan wrote: »
    I thought it was going to the highest ranking manager who applied? Once I saw a 287 ranked manager I thought there was no point, otherwise for sure I would have applied.

Was going to say this. Maybe once one person applied, everyone under him simply saw no point.

Where is this ranking of 287 coming from??from memory the Sunderland manager who got the job is ranked 65ish...

Where is this ranking of 287 coming from??from memory the Sunderland manager who got the job is ranked 65ish...

It is the rep of Concobhar O'Maolruanaidh which is what I (mistakenly obviously!) assumed from the mail about the job.

Where is this other ranking?

It is the rep of Concobhar O'Maolruanaidh which is what I (mistakenly obviously!) assumed from the mail about the job.

Where is this other ranking?

Go too "fixtures" then find Sunderland and then click "match preview" and you will see the managers name and then there manager ranking out of 80(number of teams in game world)thats how we settle it!the Sunderland manager was extremely low

• Advertisement

Haha, I'm ranked 6!!

LOL, ah well lesson learned! Now let's convince Real Madrid not to log in for a month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Jesus, he was a kid. I get it was unfair to some how the name got outed, but some people are acting as if we had a live murder with this "losing faith" stuff. Chances are after this incident, he'll never be heard of again. I don't think anyone's lost out on a world beater here.

It does not matter who he is, where he was, where he is now nor what he will or wont do in future.....

It matters how it happened.

I mean ive nearly 1000 on my shortlist, would people be happy if I started saying hey buy this guy cause such and such is interested?

I highly doubt it.

Look at the end of it, some people did the right thing and some didnt, nothing going to change that mow is there

Haha, I'm ranked 6!!

LOL, ah well lesson learned! Now let's convince Real Madrid not to log in for a month ;)

Ha ha and would the Chelsea job have appealed too you?whar club you?

Haha, I'm ranked 6!!

Where can you see the rankings??? Can u post a link as im on my phone!

Where can you see the rankings??? Can u post a link as im on my phone!

I don't think you can.when your on a laptop you can tho

It does not matter who he is, where he was, where he is now nor what he will or wont do in future.....

It matters how it happened.

I mean ive nearly 1000 on my shortlist, would people be happy if I started saying hey buy this guy cause such and such is interested?

I highly doubt it.

Look at the end of it, some people did the right thing and some didnt, nothing going to change that mow is there

And I've already said I don't agree with how it happened.

But I resent this implication that I've done something evil and wrong because I snapped up a young player that was quite literally one of 1000 guys you're after (by your admission). I've had other players I've gone after and others have snapped up for higher fees too. But I don't start trying to imply the other person has made me lose faith in humanity.

You lost one guy. You've got 999 left to chase. :rolleyes:

And I've already said I don't agree with how it happened.

But I resent this implication that I've done something evil and wrong because I snapped up a young player that was quite literally one of 1000 guys you're after (by your admission). I've had other players I've gone after and others have snapped up for higher fees too. But I don't start trying to imply the other person has made me lose faith in humanity.

You lost one guy. You've got 999 left to chase. :rolleyes:

Going around.in circles here and your missing the point!

Best of luck with the player!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Click the globe in the homepage tab, then Overview, then History,

In that there is a tab for best managers, but this will only give you the top 10.

For others you have to click on a fixture of theirs and the ranking out of 80 will be in one of the tabs.

The one that poster got confused on relates to how long they have been playing the game overall and includes all gameworlds they are involved in.

Jobs in this gameworld will be based on how successful you are in this gameworld alone.
    It is a pity for ease of access that there is no full table of 1-80.

Ha ha and would the Chelsea job have appealed too you?whar club you?

Yeah, it would be a challenge to keep them up, and I'm doing well in Div 2 with Zenith but I think I might have thrown my hat in the ring. Not to bother, the man has it fair and square and I was just giving my reasons for not really even contemplating as I confused reputations and rankings.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it would be a challenge to keep them up, and I'm doing well in Div 2 with Zenith but I think I might have thrown my hat in the ring. Not to bother, the man has it fair and square and I was just giving my reasons for not really even contemplating as I confused reputations and rankings.
    Well I think control alt delete summed it up fairly well.and yes only haveing the top10 managers in one place is annoying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement