Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This is how you sign a talented youngster under the radar
    Nicky CLARK has completed his move to Schalke from Queen of the South for 550,000
    Scored 40 goals in all competitions for Queen of the South last season, and has just signed for Rangers

Expecting a rapid return on my investment :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm, just noticed Wolfsberg have lost their last 6 games. So may as well try and rest Bale up to 100% before I play Real on Sunday :P Try one or two kids out.

(*Watches as he loses*)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

losing 2-0 to benfica won 3-2 :P did a little fist pump for the winner :L

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

A little dissapointed, it was a hoe game after all

Mr Freeze earned a draw with FC Porto against Ajax.

The match ended 2 - 2 between FC Porto and Ajax in their Division 2 fixture.

Sandro and Barrada were amongst the goalscorers.
    I was 2-0 down tho!

And a big thanks to AJAX for bringing great support to give me my highest attendance of the season ... Mind you still at only 89% capacity, the recession (or el ressession) here in Portugal coupled with the high ticket prices are hindering the grass root supporters in attending games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

My guess is that he rested him for the final game he took charge of, and when he left, he never replaced the kids. So there's quite a few of the Spurs players unhappy since there was probably 10 or so games played while the manager was "MIA". Also why there was so many NMFs in the squad too.

Anyone know how long till the concern goes away?
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    For lads like bale playing every week not long at all bud...

it could take you until the end of the season or maybe into next season for it to go away completely

it depends on how many games he's played already.

the better players need to play ~75% & now it says "the highest rated players expect to play in approximately 85% of games;"

concerns are dealt with at turns 10, 22, 32
    so even if you've been playing him all the time, he could still go to a level 2 at turn 22 - depend on how much he's played before
    keep playing him & he should go back to level 1 at turn 32

type concern into the help section & you'll get the info, i have problems with them in another GW they're a pain in the hole the lack of games ones, the others i don't mind too much

• Advertisement

Division 2 Super Sunday lived up to the hype

2-2 between 2nd and 3rd

Schalke drew 3-3 with Fiorentina, after having a man sent off. After his surprise inclusion to the starting 11, Obasi scored an equaliser in the 89th minute :D

Overall, a great night for Newcastle then :P

Daemos wrote: »
    This is how you sign a talented youngster under the radarScored 40 goals in all competitions for Queen of the South last season, and has just signed for Rangers

Expecting a rapid return on my investment :P

he went up 8 on the 9th of march, you still missed the boat a bit :pac:

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he went up 8 on the 9th of march, you still missed the boat a bit :pac:
    I didn't miss the boat... I just waited for the next one to come along :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    pretty happy with how I'm doing with Udinese ive gotta say!

Looking forward to playing Roma tomorrow! Revenge is on!

Di Natale with the winning goal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Another loss. Expected really

On the bright side Sow is back after a month out. Injury free team, maybe my luck will change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Sevilla.
    Estudiantes beat Sevilla 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Féret had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Salamon was on the scoresheet for his side.

Well that was an impressive start! Although, it did help that Negredo picked up 2 yellow cards in the first half hour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    A little dissapointed, it was a hoe game after all

Mr Freeze earned a draw with FC Porto against Ajax.

The match ended 2 - 2 between FC Porto and Ajax in their Division 2 fixture.

Sandro and Barrada were amongst the goalscorers.
    I was 2-0 down tho!

And a big thanks to AJAX for bringing great support to give me my highest attendance of the season ... Mind you still at only 89% capacity, the recession (or el ressession) here in Portugal coupled with the high ticket prices are hindering the grass root supporters in attending games.

I'm still clinging on to my promotion push :P Need to bring someone in but all the usual suspects are signed. Will have to dig a little deeper

My attendances always seem to be decent, made more money with this Ajax team than with any of the big clubs in other GWs

I didn't miss the boat... I just waited for the next one to come along :p

:D
    you did a bit could have gotten him for way less, 10k probably. you paid 550k, he's worth 270k to you

the values there's brings up another point, are players like that are really worth it for the clubs with high rated players anyway?
    when you take the lower value their worth & wages into account

i think sometimes they're but not always, far more beneficial to clubs with lower rated players

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Just off the back of my one game win streak:pac: a 3-2 loss to Lyon derails my momentum:(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Wilberto wrote: »
    Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Sevilla.
    Estudiantes beat Sevilla 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Féret had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Salamon was on the scoresheet for his side.

Well that was an impressive start! Although, it did help that Negredo picked up 2 yellow cards in the first half hour!!

Negredo picks up 2 yellows in the first half on normal tackling and I don't think I had one chance after that.

Starting to agree with people that this game is just random.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3-1 win against Wolfsberg.

Best part was I signed a guy called Mane as a cheap kid, valued at 2.9m. Plays the same role as Bale.

Got two assists, one goal AND MOTM. Very happy with his debut game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Villa now unbeaten in 5 after winning 1-0 against Kiev

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against PSV.
    Newcastle United outclassed PSV and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Willian scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ben Arfa was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Vital win with the top four drawing and considering I hadn't won in my last four games. Up to second now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fell asleep on the chair after work and JUST woke...Never done my tactics!All my kiddies playing against West Brom and lost 2-0!! To say im freaked is an understatement!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

3 Points seperates 5th too 1st in Division 1.DISGUSTED i didnt have my full team out!My own fault i know!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    3 Points seperates 5th too 1st in Division 1.DISGUSTED i didnt have my full team out!My own fault i know!

could be expensive error :o

batistuta9 wrote: »
    :D
    you did a bit could have gotten him for way less, 10k probably. you paid 550k, he's worth 270k to you

the values there's brings up another point, are players like that are really worth it for the clubs with high rated players anyway?
    when you take the lower value their worth & wages into account

i think sometimes they're but not always, far more beneficial to clubs with lower rated players
    Depends on your strategy really. In another game world, I bought Adryan and Tony Watt when they were in the low 70s. When their ratings increased I traded them in a straight swap for Benteke. Taking transfer costs and wages into account, I'd say I paid about 1M total for the two, and exchanged them for a player worth far more than that

So yeah, some players rise rapidly and you can use them in your squad. But even those that don't rise that high can still be used as decent bargaining chips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Its all falling apart here in hamburg second loss in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Real Madrid may be coming up to take over in the next couple of days, I haven't been able to put the time in lately and it doesn't look like that's going to change for the better anytime soon. With upcoming work commitments I could very well have to resign my position

kryogen wrote: »
    Real Madrid may be coming up to take over in the next couple of days, I haven't been able to put the time in lately and it doesn't look like that's going to change for the better anytime soon. With upcoming work commitments I could very well have to resign my position

It would be a shame to loose you, would you let you assistant drive on and you just check in occasionally?

Depends on your strategy really. In another game world, I bought Adryan and Tony Watt when they were in the low 70s. When their ratings increased I traded them in a straight swap for Benteke. Taking transfer costs and wages into account, I'd say I paid about 1M total for the two, and exchanged them for a player worth far more than that

So yeah, some players rise rapidly and you can use them in your squad. But even those that don't rise that high can still be used as decent bargaining chips :)

they're are useful for that yeah, as the be worth more in the PEx

but that tactic too, when you've a good team built only benefits you so far, once you've two decent 11's (>=90)
    if it's a small club you'd want the money to help the balance & at a big club in this kind of GW you'd want the money too, to try & get someone to sell you their best player

you can get to stage in SM with teams, where you're really hoping to strike it lucky, with a riser at top club like gotze or else they move to one

i'd say it's 50/50 on whether or not the low rated player are of real benefit to clubs with decent squads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Cristian RAMÍREZ has completed his move to West Bromwich Albion from Independiente JT for 1,333,000

18 year old, can player anywhere in defence.....Thought Malaga or Porto would snap him up tbh.

Got a report today, he can only play left side now :mad:

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Got a report today, he can only play left side now :mad:

I knew that was coming so didnt bother bidding on him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sorry Eddy, 4 points from Dortmund and Real Madrid make me a happy bunny :D

Dortmund 0-2 West Brom

Morrison, Odemwingie.

Slim hopes of Top 4 are kept alive!!

• Advertisement

Jees!:mad:

there's no real action on 90+ players for a good while now, a fella comes into some money :cool: and started putting bids on some of his top targets and ... all of a sudden they all come out bidding on these players :rolleyes:

If you had the money all along and wanted the players, why wait till now?
    One sure way to pay more for a player when more clubs get involved :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement