Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't know who the player is or who is bidding, and for Gods sake, don't say his name, but I'll be honest...if I heard a good 90+ player was available, I'd be looking at him.

When I got Spurs, I had a transfer budget of 70m. And no one wanted anything but crazy money for 90+ players. I placed bids on dozens of top players. And most people said that the players weren't for sale. And in time, I settled for some players.

I've still got a little in the bank. And if I saw a 90+ player came available, I'd probably put a bid in as well. Going back to the previous debate, you can't blame hungry people for snapping at scraps from the table :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Don't know who the player is or who is bidding, and for Gods sake, don't say his name, but I'll be honest...if I heard a good 90+ player was available, I'd be looking at him.

When I got Spurs, I had a transfer budget of 70m. And no one wanted anything but crazy money for 90+ players. I placed bids on dozens of top players. And most people said that the players weren't for sale. And in time, I settled for some players.

I've still got a little in the bank. And if I saw a 90+ player came available, I'd probably put a bid in as well. Going back to the previous debate, you can't blame hungry people for snapping at scraps from the table :/

dont even know these fellas are available , just put in bids to find out really

• Registered Users Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Its all falling apart here in hamburg second loss in a row

That was me at Genoa, was a close game 50-50 possession.

Delighted with the 2-1 win, keeps me in that tight bunch of clubs at the top of Division 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

That was me at Genoa, was a close game 50-50 possession.

Delighted with the 2-1 win, keeps me in that tight bunch of clubs at the top of Division 4.

Good win mate its all very tight in division 4 alot of good managers down there putting some great runs of form in

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    dont even know these fellas are available , just put in bids to find out really

So it's probably jumping the gun then I guess for some. "Oh, if he's making a bid, maybe it's cause via PM, they said the guy is available BID BID BID!" or something like that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Im sorry but I had to laugh!

Spurs, 70mil, scraps from the table!!!

Come on!!!!!

Yes, take two pieces of my post out of context, tie them together and laugh :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I had to have scraps from the table at all. But when I went buying players, all the big names were tied down and no one was budging. The best I got with that was Hernandez and Navas, and I'd say even they were incredibly overpriced. The majority of 90+ players, especially the younger ones, are no-gos for everyone below Div 1. THEY are the ones who are going to be after the metaphorical scraps; the players that are deemed surplus to requirements and are being gotten rid of. Even if I had offered 70m for one top player, a lot of people wouldn't have taken the offer. So of course there's some people who, if they get a sniff there's a 90+ player going, will jump on him.

Speaking of, I've got two bids in for Ade since I offically put him on the transfer list this morning (Should have done that earlier).

Whoever has the highest bid at 11:00 tonight can have him :)

Yes, take two pieces of my post out of context, tie them together and laugh :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I had to have scraps from the table at all.

Oh so you dont actually need the scraps from the table at???

Why take em then?

I wonder if you're just being deliberately obtuse now. I tried offering an explanation to a frustration someone was having. I clarified my initial remarks. To quote you...
    Going around.in circles here and your missing the point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

lot of agro in this thread the past week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Chill guys(",)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Most of my Chelsea team are not match fit ... managed to scrape a win last night against my old team Sunderland. Need some form in the second half of the season to beat the drop!

I wonder if you're just being deliberately obtuse now. I tried offering an explanation to a frustration someone was having. I clarified my initial remarks. To quote you...

My quote is not rellavent here as I said 'missing' the point, your avoiding the question.....

Totally different things

Chill guys(",)

Listen, as I said, I was only trying to offer a solution to a problem someone was having. Someone expressed a frustration, and as I often try and do, I tried to offer an explanation as to why the event was occurring.

I've no interest in getting into fights though, and I'd like to think I'm not necessarily the one causing agro. As such, I'm going to clarify my remarks one more time, try and answer the question I'm apparently avoiding, and then drop the subject, with any further comments aimed at me being ignored.

I did not mean to imply I was after scraps from the table. When I joined Spurs, I identified the biggest problem I had with the team, namely the strikers. I don't rate Defoe and Ade at all, so was happy to move off Defoe for a decent price and will be happy seeing Ade go for just over his in-game value, despite other 90+ players going for near triple their values.

When I joined, I send messages round to several people, putting inquiries in about top strikers and forwards. Most messages came back with "No, sorry, but I couldn't replace him". Some never even got replies, with a few offers sitting there for a week being ignored by managers who logged in at least every second day. Eventually I put in a bid for Hernandez. It was triple his gameworld value, but 1. I needed a striker and 2. I'm a big fan of his, so I paid. I wasn't going to get a bigger striker than him. My second striker is now some kid from Dynamo Kiev who I'd never heard of but am taking a risk on since I read he's in line for big things (talks he is being looked at by Newcastle Stoke AND West Ham today). If there had been two better strikers available (as in ones a tier above Hernandez), I'd have jumped on them.

With the other big player I bought, Navas, it was a case of someone coming on here and saying there was a chance they'd part with him. A few people showed interest but I sent messages off and got the deal wrapped up ASAP. Why? Because it was the first and only time since I had joined the gameworld that someone had made signals they'd part with a top level guy with potential to get better. I don't know much about Navas, so in this case, it was scraps in a way. He wasn't even on my list of guys I'd go after.

So to clarify, did I need scraps? No, probably not. I took advantage quickly when a scrap dropped off the table, but I wasn't desperately in need of it. Who will need the scraps are the guys who are in lower divisions and working on getting promoted over the next few game years. Guys who won't have 70m to splash on two second tier players and have no hopes of ever landing the big stars of the game. They are the ones who will need to jump at any sign of a bigger playing becoming available and who, if they see a bid is being made, will be tempted to put in bids of their own in the hopes they can land someone decent. They are also the ones who if they see a kid with potential being discussed will try and go after the kid as well. That's the nature of the game; if people are told there's a chance to improve their team, most will want to and a lot will need to.

That's, hopefully, the question answered. I apologies to anyone who thinks I was raising tensions or agro on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Just being careful here, experienced player and all that ;), once my bid has been accepted by an external club then nobody else can bid right? I want to show off my shiny new player, personally think he's an absolute steal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

TheGunns wrote: »
    Just being careful here, experienced player and all that ;), once my bid has been accepted by an external club then nobody else can bid right? I want to show off my shiny new player, personally think he's an absolute steal

As long as you have the money the player is yours

As long as you have the money the player is yours

And you havent told us yet because .......... ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yup hes yours so post away no one can rob him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yup hes yours so post away no one can rob him..

An sure if anyone does we will blame swoody!!:D:D

• Advertisement

Listen, as I said, I was only trying to offer a solution to a problem someone was having. Someone expressed a frustration, and as I often try and do, I tried to offer an explanation as to why the event was occurring.

I've no interest in getting into fights though, and I'd like to think I'm not necessarily the one causing agro. As such, I'm going to clarify my remarks one more time, try and answer the question I'm apparently avoiding, and then drop the subject, with any further comments aimed at me being ignored.

I did not mean to imply I was after scraps from the table. When I joined Spurs, I identified the biggest problem I had with the team, namely the strikers. I don't rate Defoe and Ade at all, so was happy to move off Defoe for a decent price and will be happy seeing Ade go for just over his in-game value, despite other 90+ players going for near triple their values.

When I joined, I send messages round to several people, putting inquiries in about top strikers and forwards. Most messages came back with "No, sorry, but I couldn't replace him". Some never even got replies, with a few offers sitting there for a week being ignored by managers who logged in at least every second day. Eventually I put in a bid for Hernandez. It was triple his gameworld value, but 1. I needed a striker and 2. I'm a big fan of his, so I paid. I wasn't going to get a bigger striker than him. My second striker is now some kid from Dynamo Kiev who I'd never heard of but am taking a risk on since I read he's in line for big things (talks he is being looked at by Newcastle Stoke AND West Ham today). If there had been two better strikers available (as in ones a tier above Hernandez), I'd have jumped on them.

With the other big player I bought, Navas, it was a case of someone coming on here and saying there was a chance they'd part with him. A few people showed interest but I sent messages off and got the deal wrapped up ASAP. Why? Because it was the first and only time since I had joined the gameworld that someone had made signals they'd part with a top level guy with potential to get better. I don't know much about Navas, so in this case, it was scraps in a way. He wasn't even on my list of guys I'd go after.

So to clarify, did I need scraps? No, probably not. I took advantage quickly when a scrap dropped off the table, but I wasn't desperately in need of it. Who will need the scraps are the guys who are in lower divisions and working on getting promoted over the next few game years. Guys who won't have 70m to splash on two second tier players and have no hopes of ever landing the big stars of the game. They are the ones who will need to jump at any sign of a bigger playing becoming available and who, if they see a bid is being made, will be tempted to put in bids of their own in the hopes they can land someone decent. They are also the ones who if they see a kid with potential being discussed will try and go after the kid as well. That's the nature of the game; if people are told there's a chance to improve their team, most will want to and a lot will need to.

That's, hopefully, the question answered. I apologies to anyone who thinks I was raising tensions or agro on the board.

Yup, you certainly did answer the question this time ;)

Guys,

Do AI clubs loan players from managed teams?

Ive 25+ players loan listed but nooffers coming in, ive unlisted and re listed some to no avail.

Thanks

Guys,

Ive 25+ players loan listed but nooffers coming in, ive unlisted and re listed some to no avail.

Thanks
    they should

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ya, I'm fairly certain the three players that I have all loaned out are with A.I clubs.

Maybe unlisting them and re listing them is affecting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Guys,

Thanks

the external clubs won't bid for loan players, only the unmanaged clubs in the league (div1-4)

so only about what, 4 unmanaged teams - 12 players they can take, not much use :D

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the external clubs won't bid for loan players, only the unmanaged clubs in the league (div1-4)

so only about what, 4 unmanaged teams - 12 players they can take, not much use :D

Is this a rule in this GW or across all? Just wondering.

Is this a rule in this GW or across all? Just wondering.

all

there's another one that's annoying enough too, i think it's that unmanaged clubs in your league system only accept cash in deals, no PEx's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

batistuta9 wrote: »

Firstly I'll start by saying I'm still only new to the game, so it's quite possible that I'm completely wrong. (:P:):rolleyes:) But.....

I have 3 players that are on loan, since before I even joined, and when I click on the team they are loan out to, under the team details it says "Unmanageable" (or something similar) next to manager. One of the teams is Columbus Crew. Penerol is another one, and I can't remember the third.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Firstly I'll start by saying I'm still only new to the game, so it's quite possible that I'm completely wrong. (:P:):rolleyes:) But.....

I have 3 players that are on loan, since before I even joined, and when I click on the team they are loan out to, under the team details it says "Unmanageable" (or something similar) next to manager. One of the teams is Columbus Crew. Penerol is another one, and I can't remember the third.

them 3 would be on loan there in real life, put there by the game for the season

external clubs wont make loan bids for players you loan list

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement