Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeay, rating change! Barry Douglas, who i bought from Dundee two days ago, got a two point bump from 78 to 80. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    And you havent told us yet because .......... ? :rolleyes:

I was playing it extra safe ;)

Vadis ODJIDJA has completed his move to Ajax from Club Brugge KV for 7,520,000

Rumored to get a transfer to a bigger club and you know, all these Belgians are unbelievable :P

Anti climax in the extreme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anyone want a friendly tonight? Preferably someone who'll field their strongest team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anyone want a friendly tonight? Preferably someone who'll field their strongest team

Lazio ;)

Lazio ;)

Add an you shall be accepted!

PSV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

if anyone is looking for a friendly, fc twente are available

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Jame roycroft (palmeiras) wants to put his name in for Celtic. He had no access to internet at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Looks like I was on the receiving end of a backlash after beating Dortmund a couple of weeks ago

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Dortmund.
    Newcastle United were given a football lesson by Dortmund as they were hammered 5 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

Looks like I was on the receiving end of a backlash after beating Dortmund a couple of weeks ago

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Dortmund.
    Newcastle United were given a football lesson by Dortmund as they were hammered 5 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

If it helps any way at all, he did not have it all his own way tonight as my somewhat inferior (IMO) Milan team got a draw away from home against his Roma team in a friendly (another game world!!)

Can't have him winning ALL the games now can we ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

If it helps any way at all, he did not have it all his own way tonight as my somewhat inferior (IMO) Milan team got a draw away from home against his Roma team in a friendly (another game world!!)

Can't have him winning ALL the games now can we ;)

I'm just glad it wasn't a league game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

5-0???jeees

My lads were all fresh after their rest (over me forgetting too change my first 11) during the week!

Can people please take a look at their transfers tab?

I've 10 offers in with different teams, some for 5days ...just get back to me, accept, re-neg or cancel.

Thanks

I think I'm a bad manager lads, I might have to go away and get my Uefa B licence. My FAI youth cert doesn't seem to cut it at this level :(

I think I'm a bad manager lads, I might have to go away and get my Uefa B licence. My FAI youth cert doesn't seem to cut it at this level :(

I'll try catch you on the chat, wanted to have a word ;)

I'll try catch you on the chat, wanted to have a word ;)

Yeah whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Yeah whenever you want.
    just had a sneaky peak at your team and i think you should chanage your formation.
    4-3-2-1 isn't a good formation for the players you have. personally i'd recommend 4-2-3-1 as you've got some desent players to play that way.
    R.PATRÍCIO
    A.HUTCHINSON T.DOUGLAS J.WILLEMS F.COENTRÃO
    R.SANDRO M.VAN BOMMEL
    L.NARSINGH E.OSCAR J.LENS
    M.SOW

SUBS: J.ZOET T.DERIJCK M.ZANKA G.AYRTON O.HILJEMARK R.HAMOUMA M.DEPAY

what commands do you use....? maybe try something like this.

c6e65889d2cabdb68d8d77c93c015208.png

all you need is a right back, center back, defensive midfielder and a striker then your team will out of trouble soon...

swoody wrote: »
    just had a sneaky peak at your team and i think you should chanage your formation.
    4-3-2-1 isn't a good formation for the players you have. personally i'd recommend 4-2-3-1 as you've got some desent players to play that way.
    R.PATRÍCIO
    A.HUTCHINSON T.DOUGLAS J.WILLEMS F.COENTRÃO
    R.SANDRO M.VAN BOMMEL
    L.NARSINGH E.OSCAR J.LENS
    M.SOW

SUBS: J.ZOET T.DERIJCK M.ZANKA G.AYRTON O.HILJEMARK R.HAMOUMA M.DEPAY

what commands do you use....? maybe try something like this.

c6e65889d2cabdb68d8d77c93c015208.png

all you need is a right back, center back, defensive midfielder and a striker then your team will out of trouble soon...

Yeah 4-3-2-1 isn't working. 4-2-3-1 is the formation I'll use in tomorrow's game to see where it gets me.

I use the same one you put up except pressure in my own half, mixed passing and I've none of the boxes ticked. What's the difference between having tight marking and not, does the player fitness go down further with it on? Same with the pressure set to all over, would that tire my players down fully or should I do an in-game change in the second half?

I've only 8 million to work with at the moment, but my finances bring in a million per home game so I can save.

Cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

whats wrong with the formation for his players? as far as i know, it doesnt matter if a DM is playing CM or youre playing a left footer winger on the right and stuff. as long as the green dot is beisde their name then its perfect?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    whats wrong with the formation for his players? as far as i know, it doesnt matter if a DM is playing CM or youre playing a left footer winger on the right and stuff. as long as the green dot is beisde their name then its perfect?

If your talking about the 4-3-2-1 formation mentioned above, the main issue is if your playing against a team set up to attack from the wings it leaves you badly exposed!

About players playing in their position, id be careful, I had a player that I was using in an attacking 3 out wide (noted as an AMC) I thought this would be fine in an attacking front 3 as not technically wingers, but no! He was only happy in the centre of.the 3.... its not as clean cut as it seems.

Also abiut tight marking, for fe fitness does not come into it, think of it this way, your a managerin a ddressing room about to send the team out for a game, unless a friendly are you seriously going ro tell them not to mark tight! For me this is a no brainer and should not even be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CavalierTD

Yeah would like the Celtic job

• Advertisement

CavalierTD wrote: »
    Yeah would like the Celtic job

Are you registered on soccermanager?
    No one else has expressed an interest in the job so far I don't think??

Jame roycroft (palmeiras) wants to put his name in for Celtic. He had no access to internet at the moment.

Oh wait there is another lad interested

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A quick ad...

I'm looking for a 90+ rated defender, aged preferably below or between 25-27. I've put in a few bids on some I'd like over the last few weeks but most just get rejected, ignored or "Bale'd". I've got about 25m to spend, and I'd be willing to work Gallas, Dawson or Kaboul into the deal if the player is good enough. Not Vertongen though; the point is to get another player to play alongside him. I know that's a long shot, but as I said, putting in bids on players I wanted got me nowhere really, so trying this way.

In other news, since I bought Ideye, I've spotted his name more and more in the news :D Scored for Nigeria against Mexico, where my other striker scored two :P

The deal involving Stuttgart and Arsenal regarding Nicklas BENDTNER has collapsed as the SMFA refuse to sanction such a deal.

I wonder what the deal was? Ive never seen something like thay before

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

The deal involving Stuttgart and Arsenal regarding Nicklas BENDTNER has collapsed as the SMFA refuse to sanction such a deal.

I wonder what the deal was? Ive never seen something like thay before

Strange one, it was identical to the offer that was accepted from Reading.

When I click help on the message it says things like it was system blocked and may have been unusual or dubious.

I have bought 1 other player from Arsenal and have 1 on loan but other than that there have been no dealings between the clubs.

Omeceron wrote: »

When I click help on the message it says things like it was system blocked and may have been unusual or dubious.

I have bought 1 other player from Arsenal and have 1 on loan but other than that there have been no dealings between the clubs.

Thats strange? Why would they block it if they were the same offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Thats strange? Why would they block it if they were the same offers?

Maybe its the games way of telling me that Gervinho is bad enough, I don't need Bendtner aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Omeceron wrote: »

Dodgy dealings from con tch tch :P

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Oh wait there is another lad interested

him and CavelierTD are one an the same :)

• Advertisement

him and CavelierTD are one an the same :)

Ok so usual routine.tell him quit his team add me as a friend an apply for Celtic bud

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement