Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I really like this league and this thread and you guys are a good bunch of lads but their is too much arguing every few days and it's a bit crap :(
    That way you put that just reminded me of this :pac:

tedstee0042.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    That way you put that just reminded me of this :pac:

tedstee0042.jpg

Back in your box you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I really like this league and this thread and you guys are a good bunch of lads but their is too much arguing every few days and it's a bit crap :(

I think it adds to the game that this goes on in here. It'll be what keeps the game world active. A bit childish at times tonight but still fun to watch.

Good to get to see managers good and bad sides also incase I have to deal with them in future :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Simon Woodward earned a draw with Juventus against B. Munich.
    The match ended 0 - 0 between Juventus and B. Munich in their Division 1 fixture.
    Buffon had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    f32786abd93e380753a5b09cdc79b1d5.png

2118ed1756d6bb6234eee4021766aff6.png

i basically got hammered at home and Buffon only got an 8 for keeping it 0-0 WTF

still thats 4 points off Bayern / batistuta9 for the season

AC Milan next (lets hope i don't get 3 players sent off this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I seen all this tonight as friendly banter and a few mix up in communications and what not.. But all in all everyone is cool :) Great thread and great Game world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Haha ok maybe I overeacted and thought it was getting serious. ..on another note.. Man united manager made a bid for my player and I accepted. He later canceled and either failed to see my chat messages or ignored them.. Hope it's the first one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Haha ok maybe I overeacted and thought it was getting serious. ..on another note.. Man united manager made a bid for my player and I accepted. He later canceled and either failed to see my chat messages or ignored them.. Hope it's the first one :P
    arent you the old Boca Juniors manager that did that to me with Nicola Leali?

your a dick.........

JustKidding! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Good read alright over the last few pages!! :D

I would like to ask though, why couldn't RM just offer Modric + 11m (or whatever) for Isco in one transaction?? Was it something to do with the chairman values or what??

I'm just curious that's all. I'm still new here!!! :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Wilberto wrote: »

I would like to ask though, why couldn't RM just offer Modric + 11m (or whatever) for Isco in one transaction?? Was it something to do with the chairman values or what??

Get in on a team there lad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yeah chairman values.

I've had loads of bids since then :D
    Highest was 45M..

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    arent you the old Boca Juniors manager that did that to me with Nicola Leali?

your a dick.........

JustKidding! :D

dd i? i dont remember it but my bad

Yeah the chairman wouldn't allow me to pay Modric and 11M! I'm pretty sure it was explained a few pages back but I'm too tired to explain again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

In other news...

Givanildo HULK has completed his move to Manchester United from Zenit for £8,000,000 plus Danny WELBECK

Interestingly Welbeck is now valued at £14.3m while Hulk as gone down to £10m. Not sure how that is worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ashley young has moved to hamburg from manchester united for 20million pounds.

Hes rated 91 so just hope he has a decent season next year and doesnt go down in rating

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Logs on*

*Sees 5 new pages of comments*

popcorn-yes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Glad I could provide so much needed entertainment lads! Just wish more of ye would speak ye're mind! If I feel as though I'm being conned or wronged then im going to say it! The end result for me has not changed.... pato is NOT worth JUST 10mil less than Berba and nothing anyone can tell me will change that, its a brother to brother transfer, if ye see that as acceptable then fine!!!! Im just not getting caught to pay for the leftovers.....

In other news..... Luis Muriel's next home looks very very interesting!!!!!!!!!

So who won thesis muriel bidding war? The highest bidder wins in the end but irony know who that was as most of us have players in our bids too. Don't think won in the end :(

So who won thesis muriel bidding war? The highest bidder wins in the end but irony know who that was as most of us have players in our bids too. Don't think won in the end :(

Thats what I mean man, be interesting to see how it pans out!!!

Thats what I mean man, be interesting to see how it pans out!!!

I woulda paid alot more but that's the max my chairman allowed. Did everyone else max bid too? Il be eager to see who won sometime tonight :D

I woulda paid alot more but that's the max my chairman allowed. Did everyone else max bid too? Il be eager to see who won sometime tonight :D

I bid the max that I could, 12.1 as I can sell keane and zarate to cover thr cost. So I didnt mind going in at the max on this one, strongly roomered to be getting a ratings increace soon!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I bid the max that I could, 12.1 as I can sell keane and zarate to cover thr cost. So I didnt mind going in at the max on this one, strongly roomered to be getting a ratings increace soon!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure my chairman valued my bid as 12 odd mil too. Woulda paid 20 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

i would have paid well over 26mil for Isco

very suspect if i do say so myself since it takes mental money to sign anyone whos even remotely decent

to think one of the hottest prospects in the game, whos on the verge of a massive move in real life, went for a paltry 26million is beyond belief really - i paid nearly that for Antonio Valencia!

id rate Isco over Navas and Navas cost 38million

funny auld world

Glad I could provide so much needed entertainment lads! Just wish more of ye would speak ye're mind! If I feel as though I'm being conned or wronged then im going to say it! The end result for me has not changed.... pato is NOT worth JUST 10mil less than Berba and nothing anyone can tell me will change that, its a brother to brother transfer, if ye see that as acceptable then fine!!!! Im just not getting caught to pay for the leftovers.....

In other news..... Luis Muriel's next home looks very very interesting!!!!!!!!!

Nooo man, you have it a bit wrong.

I sold Berba for 7M.(Cash)
    I sold Pato for 17M.(7M + Hunt)

Am I seriously the only one who thinks thats ok? :eek:

The high end value that I could pay on 'Hunt' was 12.1M.
    12.1M + 7M is 19.1M.
    I don't get the big deal? :o

Isco is gone :(

Modric +10M are on there way :D

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Isco is gone :(

Modric +10M are on there way :D

Button up son, You've got 7M of the 10M already.

I'll want Mendy as soon as that transfer ban is off him, you'll then get the remainder of your money!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pepper180 wrote: »
    I sold Berba for 7M.(Cash)
    I sold Pato for 17M.(7M + Hunt)

Am I seriously the only one who thinks thats ok? :eek:

Back when I was after a striker, when I joined Spurs, I probably would have paid round 20m for Berbatov tbh. That said, I'm a big BerbaFan. So if anything, I feel that he could have gone for more.

The thing about player exchanges is it all depends on how each manager values the player; just cause I rate one player at one price doesn't mean everyone else does. For example, I've had two inquiries about Dembele this week. In game world, he's valued just over 11m. But I'd want at least triple for that. That may sound crazy to some, but here's my logic; he plays in four different positions on my team (m(C), am(LCR)), and in central midfield and central attacking midfield, he's my strongest player. I'd have no problem selling him for less IF I could get a like-for-like replacement or someone who was significantly better in a single position. He's also a 90 player, something which isn't freely available on the market. This, combined with the positions, means I've got no real incentive to sell him at the moment. He's a big piece of my team.

Compared that to Adebayor who I sold for 13m, only 2m more than his in-game value. Quite simply, I didn't need him. He didn't play in positions that I was lacking in, and I don't rate him. No problems letting him go cheap and was happy to see a side who doesn't have an abundance of 90 players get him (even if I didn't realise Brom are only a point behind me :P ).

The example of Navas was brought up. I'll clarify that the deal was not Navas for 38m, even though that's what it says on his record. It was a similar deal o Isco and Modric, in that I then sold Caulker off for 10m in return, meaning the deal was 28m + Caulker in the end. But again, it was for a player I was desperate for, in terms of lacking a good right winger. I happily paid over the odds because I had to to improve the team. Others who don't need a right winger would say it was crazy money. But I'm on a 4 game win streak, and Navas has played huge parts in that. Money well spent to me given I've risen from 8th to 5th and am only 7 points behind 1st.

Kompany and Ozil both went for 50m. Crazy to some, but obviously not to who bought them. Isco and Modric is a trade which obviously benefits both teams in their managers eyes (I was after both btw; as I see it, Real get a great long term project while Malaga get a brilliant midfielder for the short term. Win/Win). The value listed in game might seem low, but realistically because it was a trade (even if it's not listed as such), the value can be seen to others as far more. Both players, imo, could have gone for 50m, but it still would have had near enough the same net result.

Remember when people thought it was crazy that Liverpool were shifting off a defender for 18m? Now the same player would go for that and some may think it's a cheap deal. Swings and roundabouts.

Sorry for that long post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

WilcoOut wrote: »
    i would have paid well over 26mil for Isco

very suspect if i do say so myself since it takes mental money to sign anyone whos even remotely decent

to think one of the hottest prospects in the game, whos on the verge of a massive move in real life, went for a paltry 26million is beyond belief really - i paid nearly that for Antonio Valencia!

id rate Isco over Navas and Navas cost 38million

funny auld world

in the origional 3way transfer the lower values were because RM's chairman wouldn let him bid over 28m, that then affected my bid on Isco which in turn changed the value of Modric but sure that fell in the water and the current deal appeared

but hey, as you can see from the chat log I posted earlier, I offered 42m :eek: if he was willing to wait until I sold a player or 29m + Gulianno or vanwolfswinkel

funny old world alright

Back when I was after a striker, when I joined Spurs, I probably would have paid round 20m for Berbatov tbh. That said, I'm a big BerbaFan. So if anything, I feel that he could have gone for more.

The thing about player exchanges is it all depends on how each manager values the player; just cause I rate one player at one price doesn't mean everyone else does. For example, I've had two inquiries about Dembele this week. In game world, he's valued just over 11m. But I'd want at least triple for that. That may sound crazy to some, but here's my logic; he plays in four different positions on my team (m(C), am(LCR)), and in central midfield and central attacking midfield, he's my strongest player. I'd have no problem selling him for less IF I could get a like-for-like replacement or someone who was significantly better in a single position. He's also a 90 player, something which isn't freely available on the market. This, combined with the positions, means I've got no real incentive to sell him at the moment. He's a big piece of my team.

Compared that to Adebayor who I sold for 13m, only 2m more than his in-game value. Quite simply, I didn't need him. He didn't play in positions that I was lacking in, and I don't rate him. No problems letting him go cheap and was happy to see a side who doesn't have an abundance of 90 players get him (even if I didn't realise Brom are only a point behind me :P ).

The example of Navas was brought up. I'll clarify that the deal was not Navas for 38m, even though that's what it says on his record. It was a similar deal o Isco and Modric, in that I then sold Caulker off for 10m in return, meaning the deal was 28m + Caulker in the end. But again, it was for a player I was desperate for, in terms of lacking a good right winger. I happily paid over the odds because I had to to improve the team. Others who don't need a right winger would say it was crazy money. But I'm on a 4 game win streak, and Navas has played huge parts in that. Money well spent to me given I've risen from 8th to 5th and am only 7 points behind 1st.

Kompany and Ozil both went for 50m. Crazy to some, but obviously not to who bought them. Isco and Modric is a trade which obviously benefits both teams in their managers eyes (I was after both btw; as I see it, Real get a great long term project while Malaga get a brilliant midfielder for the short term. Win/Win). The value listed in game might seem low, but realistically because it was a trade (even if it's not listed as such), the value can be seen to others as far more. Both players, imo, could have gone for 50m, but it still would have had near enough the same net result.

Remember when people thought it was crazy that Liverpool were shifting off a defender for 18m? Now the same player would go for that and some may think it's a cheap deal. Swings and roundabouts.

Sorry for that long post :P

This... :)

Nobody had offered more than the Real Manager it was the perfect deal for me and Him. If I was looking for cash i would have sold to
    AFC Fiorentina who had offered 45M. I have no beef with anyone.. It just seems some people don't understand how there offers weren't good enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Pretty sure Muriel will be going to Lazio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    This... :)

Nobody had offered more than the Real Manager it was the perfect deal for me and Him. If I was looking for cash i would have sold to
    AFC Fiorentina who had offered 45M. I have no beef with anyone.. It just seems some people don't understand how there offers weren't good enough.

Correct me if I' wrong but the Fiorentina offer of 45 was made after the RM deal was done?

There was plenty of room to negotiate on the Rodriquez-Isco-Modric move, I had already indicated I would up my money to you as the modric price went up, there is a good chance you could have ended up with modric, kept mendy and had 10m from the triangle,

That said, I'm expecting the Portuguese players to get rating review soon so might be to my benefit yet that the deal collapsed.:D

It isnt the fact I lost out on Isco, just how I lost out, all of a sudden I got 'radio silence', you pointed out you are playing the game a long time, just popping me a message saying madrid are offering you a better deal would have been the right way to go about it (in my opinion). who know's I might have offered more.

I think that will be my final comment on the matter ... unless I feel strongly enough about further comments:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement