Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lets hope this fella stays playing for another season, that should get me 2-3 SM season :)

Ryan GIGGS has completed his move to FC Porto from Manchester United for 5,000,000
    Thats a cute deal!hell play at least 1 more season in real life which is 2seasons in the game and will more then likey be 90+ when retiring like scholes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thats a cute deal!hell play at least 1 more season in real life which is 2seasons in the game and will more then likey be 90+ when retiring like scholes!

figured for 5m...even if he only manages 30min sub appearances ... not a huge gamble , if it doesnt work out I'm sure a D3-4 team would take him for a season before he retires

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Oh now where Olinga ends up will be interesting!!!!!

2 accpeted bids and both are very close, I think however I've just lost out on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Oh now where Olinga ends up will be interesting!!!!!

2 accpeted bids and both are very close, I think however I've just lost out on this one!

Still can't believe nobody else bid for him!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

any 90+ players for sale? c'mon you stingy feckers :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another similar signing to yesterday.

The offer for Ricardo CARVALHO of Corinthians from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

7.8m bid accepted for a 7.7m valued, 90 rated defender. At 35, he's older, and could be hit with a rating drop, but at that price, if he stays that high for a while, I'll be happy. If he drops, I've still got a very good squad player. He was traded early on from Real Madrid for Pato, and came up yesterday when his transfer ban was lifted.

He's not played much for Madrid in the last year, but is on his way to Monaco for the next season, with the option to have his contract extended next summer. Hoping that their probable rise to the champions league will keep him high enough.

That means 10 of my 11 first team are rated 90 and above now :)

Another similar signing to yesterday.

The offer for Ricardo CARVALHO of Corinthians from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

7.8m bid accepted for a 7.7m valued, 90 rated defender. At 35, he's older, and could be hit with a rating drop, but at that price, if he stays that high for a while, I'll be happy. If he drops, I've still got a very good squad player. He was traded early on from Real Madrid for Pato, and came up yesterday when his transfer ban was lifted.

He's not played much for Madrid in the last year, but is on his way to Monaco for the next season, with the option to have his contract extended next summer. Hoping that their probable rise to the champions league will keep him high enough.

That means 10 of my 11 first team are rated 90 and above now :)

carvalho AND giggs got snapped up yesterday..stupid bbq :P i would have went for both :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Applied for Benfica!

Applied for Benfica!

Disregard that application. Made a bollix of my soccerworld login and used a dead email address... Can't log back in. Ill try again later.... Apologies!

I'm weighing up what to do with Sigurdsson now. He's not in my starting line up now. On the one hand, he could be sold and I'd probably get enough to buy two more squad players. On the other, he covers a good few positions and is a good back up. Not sure.

I've a bid in now on another CM squad player, and I feel my backups don't need to be 88-89. I'd nearly rather have two players at 83-85 with a potential to rise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

MarkY91 wrote: »
    carvalho AND giggs got snapped up yesterday..stupid bbq :P i would have went for both :(

I'll sell ya giggs at end of his transfer ban ... 10m?:D

Ok tried again with LA Galaxy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ok tried again with LA Galaxy!

Wait so you've applied for 2 jobs?:confused:

I'm weighing up what to do with Sigurdsson now. He's not in my starting line up now. On the one hand, he could be sold and I'd probably get enough to buy two more squad players. On the other, he covers a good few positions and is a good back up. Not sure.

I've a bid in now on another CM squad player, and I feel my backups don't need to be 88-89. I'd nearly rather have two players at 83-85 with a potential to rise...

ive bid on him before and would still be interested if you end up selling

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'll sell ya giggs at end of his transfer ban ... 10m?:D

ill take rodriguez for 10m instead..deal :P?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Wait so you've applied for 2 jobs?:confused:

I made an account, made a bollox of it by signing up with a non existant email address and cant log back in, so have asked for that application to be disregarded... So I started again. Ive done it right this time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I made an account, made a bollox of it by signing up with a non existant email address and cant log back in, so have asked for that application to be disregarded... So I started again. Ive done it right this time though.

Good stuff, welcome aboard. Mac will be on at some stage today to accept it I'd say

Good stuff, welcome aboard. Mac will be on at some stage today to accept it I'd say

Cheers! First I've heard of soccermanager.com tbh but I wasted much of my teenage years and early 20's playing Championship Manager and Football Manager so this looks right up my street...

On a related note, I wish I knew if someone was going to take Benfica :(

There's three players there I'd want to put in bids and offers; if no one takes the job before the 7 day deadline, then it strikes me the cash will be the most important aspect of grabbing some players. If someone does take it, then I'd hold on to one or two of my fringe players (like Siggy) and use them as barter tools, offering decent replacements to the team and the manager, cause I know replacements can be hard to find :(

On a related note, I wish I knew if someone was going to take Benfica :(

There's three players there I'd want to put in bids and offers; if no one takes the job before the 7 day deadline, then it strikes me the cash will be the most important aspect of grabbing some players. If someone does take it, then I'd hold on to one or two of my fringe players (like Siggy) and use them as barter tools, offering decent replacements to the team and the manager, cause I know replacements can be hard to find :(

Unless someone takes over I won't be signing anyone there.
    There's two players I want but chances are cash will be the deal breaker which basically knocks me out of the running :D

*Also I sent you a PM*

Unless someone takes over I won't be signing anyone there.
    There's two players I want but chances are cash will be the deal breaker which basically knocks me out of the running :D

*Also I sent you a PM*

Cash wise, I could probably afford one of them, based on one other deal with an external I'm waiting to come through. I know that all three are short listed by teams who have shown more financial prowess than me though. One is shortlisted by 12 different teams, one 8 and one 9. :S

Pm replied to :P

• Advertisement

Era I said I may as well try my hand at Isco! I would actually swap hernanes for someone like him!

Era I said I may as well try my hand at Isco! I would actually swap hernanes for someone like him!

....Instead you offer me Gareth Barry :pac:

....Instead you offer me Gareth Barry :pac:

Offered ya hernanes as well though in the sefond deal!!!!

So 18 league games left, whats everyones target now?

I think with Lazio, if the good form continues and we can turn a few draws into wins we can push for automatic promotion, but my more realistic aims are playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Vorm and Samba still up for sale, have offers in from unmanaged clubs which I will accept if no one else is interested

Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

So 18 league games left, whats everyones target now?

I think with Lazio, if the good form continues and we can turn a few draws into wins we can push for automatic promotion, but my more realistic aims are playoffs
    Im hoping for the playoffs with inter - had a shocking start to the season but am on a 10 game unbeaten run now, tho im away to leaders zenit tonight:eek:

I'm hoping for a top 10 finish plus winning the Cup.

Doing pretty well at the moment... Considering we were 19th when I took over.

5th at the moment in Div 1. Only 8 points separating the top 7 so could go anyway really. I'm aiming for a top three finish.

A win against Dortmund will make me confident of it tonight, but given I've won my last 4 matches and he's lost his last 4 matches, a loss for me seems inevitable :P

Fabrice OLINGA has completed his move to SS Lazio from RCD Mallorca for 1,000,000 plus Enrico ZAMPA and Vittorio SALUSTRI . All other offers were turned down.

Woo hoo! Close one that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Im hoping for a lot more of the bitching in this thread to continue

& the identity of supergrass to be revealed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement