Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

We'll have to disagree on Lyon pal.

In the last 10 years they've won 6 league titles, 7 super cups and 2 French cups.

In that period their champions league record is 1 semifinal, 3 quarter finals, and 5 last 16 places. If we do the maths that means they've qualified for the champions league and got to at least the last 16 places 9 of the last 10 years. All of this on a modest enough budget for a club with that kind of success.

I can make your entire argument invalid with 1 word......

Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I can make your entire argument invalid with 1 word......

Liverpool

I don't understand this? In the last 10 years Liverpool have won a champions league, an FA cup and 2 league cups on a colossal budget that eclipses that of any French team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just a quick FYI lads,

I've resigned as manager of Wolfsburg. I just can't commit to the game right now and I don't want to be taking up a team (however poorly I've lead them in the league :pac:) that someone may want.

I'll hopefully join in again at some point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

been watching all spain u21's games in the u21 euros and i can really see why isco is so hyped and why here the malaga manager values him at 40m+. such a fantastic and exciting player. only seen malaga play once or twice during the season..wish i watched them more for isco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just a quick FYI lads,

I've resigned as manager of Wolfsburg. I just can't commit to the game right now and I don't want to be taking up a team (however poorly I've lead them in the league :pac:) that someone may want.

I'll hopefully join in again at some point. :)

Just as I was about to bid for Diego :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't understand this? In the last 10 years Liverpool have won a champions league, an FA cup and 2 league cups on a colossal budget that eclipses that of any French team.

All of which is true, and a grand total of 0 league titles and yet their fans are convinced they are a 'big team'. TBH I'm getting away from the point, I was merely using Liverpool as an example of a team that lives on past glories (please lets not start that argument!) much the same as we will be saying about Lyon in a few years, again IMO ;)

Basically all I mean to say is, any player that comes to the premiership that does not come from one of the major players in the champions league is going to be fairly safe as regards a ratings dropping. Take Diakite for example, when he left Lazio for Sunderland, no problem there for me. Sunderland whilst not exactly spectaular will more than likely do enough under Di Canio to stay up, so I'm happy enough that Diakite will not fall in the next ratings review, if anything I've my fingers crossed he can break into the first team and acutally dominate the defence ;)

MarkY91 wrote: »
    been watching all spain u21's games in the u21 euros and i can really see why isco is so hyped and why here the malaga manager values him at 40m+. such a fantastic and exciting player. only seen malaga play once or twice during the season..wish i watched them more for isco

Won't have to, I've a feeling he will end up at City with Pellegrini :eek:

Won't have to, I've a feeling he will end up at City with Pellegrini :eek:

good point man. thiago is just as good as isco yet he went to newcastle for 25m in sm. barca shoulda got more:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Sunderland whilst not exactly spectaular

hey!!! :mad:

i dont see lazio in division one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That'd be kinda hard considering we haven't even finished a season..

• Advertisement

Chill dude, talking real life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

MarkY91 wrote: »
    good point man. thiago is just as good as isco yet he went to newcastle for 25m in sm. barca shoulda got more:eek:

Ssssssshhhhhhhh:-)

take a joke lol. i like lazio just leave my guys alone they work hard and get enough stick off the media. how did sunderland end up in D1 some one must of picked them right off the bat turning down inter etc,now thats a fan. although im not sure how this league format was picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

go back to the start, a list of interested people was started and then we went down the list picking teams, first 20 that expressed interest and their teams went onto D1, next 20 into D2, ...

I really wanted Newcastle but ended up going for Porto in the end as Newcastle was taken already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

William Nolan has angered the Wolfsburg fans by resigning from the club.

Applications start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MrMac84 wrote: »

Applications start now.

Heh, considering my record this season, I thought they'd have been glad to see the back of me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cian_baker

MrMac84 wrote: »

Applications start now.

Any chance i could go for this one

Is anyone else getting a bit sceptical about how many posters with sometimes less than 20 posts are applying for jobs now.

Just my nature, but something to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Is anyone else getting a bit sceptical about how many posters with sometimes less than 20 posts are applying for jobs now.

I know what your saying but lots of them were pointed here by existing mgr, eg i told the current celtic mgrs to apply, he started when palmeiras became availabe. That mgr had to set up a boards account as he wasnt on here yet

Well to be fair to Cian it was me who pushed him into signing up to both boards and SM today as we were talking about it in work!!!

Slow day!!!

• Advertisement

Well to be fair to Cian it was me who pushed him into signing up to both boards and SM today as we were talking about it in work!!!

Slow day!!!

I wasn't saying specifically him, I just mean there has been a fair few now that are all like that. It takes five minutes to make an email>soccermanager>boards account and I've known people to do it before.

Just saying anyway, I just notice little things like this. No panic.

i broke the dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Can't believe how addictive this game has become! I find myself logging in every few hours to check transfers from myself and other teams. Scouting the lower leagues for hours on end some days. Searching real life transfers to try predict rating risers, etc

Then the build up to match day, getting the tactics and in game changes sorted, making sure all the lads are fit and happy, checking fixtures and results of other teams and it all boils down to a couple of minutes every Tuesday and Sunday... I need to get out more :pac:

You need to become a Gold Manager and manage up to 12 teams......then you won't have time to piss!

You need to become a Gold Manager and manage up to 12 teams......then you won't have time to piss!

I testify!!!!

I had 7 I simply had to cut it back to 5, Lazio is always the first port of call though ;)

Sorry, but why would he drop????

He is coming from the French League to the Premiership???? YES its Southampton, but generally leagues are ranked higer than others and even though Monaco are spending like a MOTHER! The premiership will still be ranked higher, hence he will playing in a precieved higher league, he won't drop IMO

Neither will Diakite gone from Lazio to Sunderland.... ;)

Lyon to Southampton is a drop Tupac.

So is Lazio to Sunderland.

He might not drop if he plays well but he will NOT rise.IMO

I testify!!!!

I had 7 I simply had to cut it back to 5, Lazio is always the first port of call though ;)

I cut from 12-10 then I got involved in this setup and upped it back to 11.Thats 11 leagues with roughly 1000 players on the shotlists.Thats 11000 players shortlisted which averages at 6-7 messeges every morning in every club thats 77 messeges.NO TIME TO PISS!!!!

Lyon to Southampton is a drop Tupac.

So is Lazio to Sunderland.

He might not drop if he plays well but he will NOT rise.IMO

In real life yes....

In SM life, I'm not so sure, as I said they grade the leagues the players play in ;)

I cut from 12-10 then I got involved in this setup and upped it back to 11.Thats 11 leagues with roughly 1000 players on the shotlists.Thats 11000 players shortlisted which averages at 6-7 messeges every morning in every club thats 77 messeges.NO TIME TO PISS!!!!

I'm well and truley humbled :eek:

i think its peoples mates signing up for boards when theyre told about the gameworld. my friend did it too and hes now dynamo kiev. doubt he will post much anywhere but here. ,maybe not even here

• Advertisement

I seen back a few pages ago one of the lads asked how quick do players rise in ratings.This is just an insight.
    I bought Draxler in another league 3 years ago.He was rated 75.It took 3 years for him to rise to a mere 88 and he is one of the hottest prospects in world football.Now the likes of Messi,Gotze and Neymar took a year to two years to get to where they are rated now.But these are the exception to the rule.Players take ages to rise.If I were you I'd sort my 1st team out before I concentrated on kids.
    Now I've noticed most of youz have blown millions on chaps that will never hit 90.I think yez are all stone mad.
    I seen(probably TUPAC) signing some chap because he thought he might be moving to Belgium........Fcuking Belgium are you fcuking serious.What a waste of money.Ok if a chap moves from Zimbabwe to Man Utd, by all means go nuts to sign him but if he moves from Latvia to Belgium bid him farewell lads.Plus new players enter the game all the time.Remember Draxler and Gotze and Messi started the game as 75's a couple of years ago will you have any money left if the new Messi enters the game and is available for 300k.
    Thats my view take it or leave it but I'm speaking from experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement