Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I seen back a few pages ago one of the lads asked how quick do players rise in ratings.This is just an insight.
    I bought Draxler in another league 3 years ago.He was rated 75.It took 3 years for him to rise to a mere 88 and he is one of the hottest prospects in world football.Now the likes of Messi,Gotze and Neymar took a year to two years to get to where they are rated now.But these are the exception to the rule.Players take ages to rise.If I were you I'd sort my 1st team out before I concentrated on kids.
    Now I've noticed most of youz have blown millions on chaps that will never hit 90.I think yez are all stone mad.
    I seen(probably TUPAC) signing some chap because he thought he might be moving to Belgium........Fcuking Belgium are you fcuking serious.What a waste of money.Ok if a chap moves from Zimbabwe to Man Utd, by all means go nuts to sign him but if he moves from Latvia to Belgium bid him farewell lads.Plus new players enter the game all the time.Remember Draxler and Gotze and Messi started the game as 75's a couple of years ago will you have any money left if the new Messi enters the game and is available for 300k.
    Thats my view take it or leave it but I'm speaking from experience.

I think you may be talking about the former Utd player that played in Belgium?

Off the top of my head I can't remember chasing a player that was on his way to Belgium????

Also, your reasoning whilst sound is unfortunatly flawed....

Problem being, big players (proper first 11 players, PROPER!!!!!) are not for sale in this gameworld, don't believe me.......

Ask, well anyone!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I seen(probably TUPAC) signing some chap because he thought he might be moving to Belgium........Fcuking Belgium are you fcuking serious.What a waste of money.Ok if a chap moves from Zimbabwe to Man Utd, by all means go nuts to sign him but if he moves from Latvia to Belgium bid him farewell lads.Plus new players enter the game all the time.Remember Draxler and Gotze and Messi started the game as 75's a couple of years ago will you have any money left if the new Messi enters the game and is available for 300k.

But if Messi comes in at 300k, and no one is buying anyone cheap or foreign cause they are young chaps in weird leagues, why would anyone go for him? No one will know he's the next Messi until he becomes the next Messi, at which stage the 300k price tag is long gone.

I'm in the same boat as Tupac in that I'm buying a lot of cheap players from smaller leagues. Part of that is we're using the same scouting sources. The other is I have money in the bank which no one wants for established players. I have a team who are rated 90 in all but one position. I have a second string team that I'm happy with too. I'm pushing for a top 4 spot in Div 1 this season. So what do I do with the rest of my money? No way I can buy a better player for my team, since that would cost me 50m+.

So I buy some young chaps at 1m a pop. Worse comes to worse, they never rise, and I sell them back to an external team for the same price I bought them. Best case scenario, my 300k buy becomes the next Messi and I've made a steal.

But if Messi comes in at 300k, and no one is buying anyone cheap or foreign cause they are young chaps in weird leagues, why would anyone go for him? No one will know he's the next Messi until he becomes the next Messi, at which stage the 300k price tag is long gone.

I'm in the same boat as Tupac in that I'm buying a lot of cheap players from smaller leagues. Part of that is we're using the same scouting sources. The other is I have money in the bank which no one wants for established players. I have a team who are rated 90 in all but one position. I have a second string team that I'm happy with too. I'm pushing for a top 4 spot in Div 1 this season. So what do I do with the rest of my money? No way I can buy a better player for my team, since that would cost me 50m+.

So I buy some young chaps at 1m a pop. Worse comes to worse, they never rise, and I sell them back to an external team for the same price I bought them. Best case scenario, my 300k buy becomes the next Messi and I've made a steal.

Just to add further to this, I've 4 other teams in less competitive worlds than this one, and in 3 of them I have a collection of the best players in the world and you know what......

BORING!!!!!!!

This is way more fun! Discovering new talent at clubs I've never even heard of all the time and its brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

OK,
    I'll explain.You must play at least 3 games for your actual team before SM put you on the database.But EVERYBODY knew about Messi when he was playing for the Barca under 16's we all just had to sit and wait and watch the "NEW PLAYER" database until SM put him on it then BOOM!!!

Do you understand.The WORLD will be talking about these chaps before you start talking about these chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just seen this on the Summer Transfer Thread.

*Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 1m*

"BREAKING: I can confirm Isco has agreed terms with Manchester City and is set to sign after the U21s."

Excellent...jpg

• Advertisement

I think you may be talking about the former Utd player that played in Belgium?

Off the top of my head I can't remember chasing a player that was on his way to Belgium????

Also, your reasoning whilst sound is unfortunatly flawed....

Problem being, big players (proper first 11 players, PROPER!!!!!) are not for sale in this gameworld, don't believe me.......

Ask, well anyone!!!!!!!!!

Buddy,
    Big players will eventually become available.This league is just young.How many leagues are you in that have so many managers.Eventually the novelty will wear off and lads will become available cause there won't be enough managers.Plus back to the new kids.What money have you left for the new Messi?

OK,
    I'll explain.You must play at least 3 games for your actual team before SM put you on the database.But EVERYBODY knew about Messi when he was playing for the Barca under 16's we all just had to sit and wait and watch the "NEW PLAYER" database until SM put him on it then BOOM!!!

Do you understand.The WORLD will be talking about these chaps before you start talking about these chaps.

2 things..

1. Some players have been added to the DB after playing only 40mins for their club, I know this because someone was giving out about it on another forum

2. I dont have to beat THE WORLD to this new supersrar, just 39 people!!!!! World may be talking but there are only 40 that can listen and use the info!!!!!

2 things..

1. Some players have been added to the DB after playing only 40mins for their club, I know this because someone was giving out about it on another forum

2. I dont have to beat THE WORLD to this new supersrar, just 39 people!!!!! World may be talking but there are only 40 that can listen and use the info!!!!!

Well you have to beat me and I've kept my money for the new Messi!!!!!!

Instead of anything with a heart beat.

OK,

I completely understand. But we're not throwing darts and buying players at random. Even buying a dozen young players, I've got enough money to buy the next Messi if he comes in for a few hundred thousand. Have 12 million sitting there, unspent. I make 1m per home game.

Moreover, if everyone knows about him, then we get an 80 team bidding war for him. There was a rumour Mendes was joining United, and suddenly six teams are bidding for him, and the winning bid was double his worth. I'm after players who can rise, are cheap, and I'm not engaging in bidding wars. At the moment, personally, I'm not even after the next Messi. If I get someone who rises from 75 to 80, I sell them for a profit, then that's a win for me.

Buddy,
    Big players will eventually become available.This league is just young.How many leagues are you in that have so many managers.Eventually the novelty will wear off and lads will become available cause there won't be enough managers.Plus back to the new kids.What money have you left for the new Messi?

Oh yeah I know they will! Its obvious.that interest will eventually fade, onlu natural....

But ive.my own plans lined up.for when (I totally agree with u on this) interest dies..... always think ahead!

• Advertisement

Well you have to beat me and I've kept my money for the new Messi!!!!!!

Instead of anything with a heart beat.

Wanna share??? Ha ha!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

cian_baker wrote: »
    Any chance i could go for this one

Have you a team in the game world at the min?

By the way Draxler that time cost me 2.75m as a 75 rated player:eek:

By the way Draxler that time cost me 2.75m as a 75 rated player:eek:

Benzia 78 cost me 3.4!!!!!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have you a team in the game world at the min?

He does not man, he only joined today

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just seen this on the Summer Transfer Thread.

*Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 1m*

"BREAKING: I can confirm Isco has agreed terms with Manchester City and is set to sign after the U21s."

Excellent...jpg

You still want Modric? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He does not man, he only joined today

Well if hes the only applicant for Wolfsburg in the morning then they are his.even If someone moves too them well give him the next free club they vacate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I seen back a few pages ago one of the lads asked how quick do players rise in ratings.This is just an insight.
    I bought Draxler in another league 3 years ago.He was rated 75.It took 3 years for him to rise to a mere 88 and he is one of the hottest prospects in world football.Now the likes of Messi,Gotze and Neymar took a year to two years to get to where they are rated now.But these are the exception to the rule.Players take ages to rise.If I were you I'd sort my 1st team out before I concentrated on kids.
    Now I've noticed most of youz have blown millions on chaps that will never hit 90.I think yez are all stone mad.
    Thats my view take it or leave it but I'm speaking from experience.

Twas i signed the lad possibly moving to belgium, if he goes he's bound to get goals, even a 2-3 points rate rise makes him handy for a p/x at that point or even to sell to AI.

I didnt buy all the fellas to hold on to them, they're currency ;)

Benzia 78 cost me 3.4!!!!!!

Why?

He plays for Lyon,where you not calling them the new Liverpool 2 pages ago?

New Lyon players......Lacazette.Started with Lyon 2 years ago now rated 88.Worth probably 8m.
    2 years is a long time....730 days.A lot can happen....someone like Benzia could come along and take his place.He could break his leg.anything.He could join the priest hood who knows.Don't spend too much on him!!!!

just saying

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against Real Madrid.
    Tottenham Hotspur beat Real Madrid 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Bale, Navas and Ideye were amongst the goalscorers.

Gave Ideye the nod over Hernadez for the friendly. One goal, one assist. Very happy with that.

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Twas i signed the lad possibly moving to belgium, if he goes he's bound to get goals, even a 2-3 points rate rise makes him handy for a p/x at that point or even to sell to AI.

I didnt buy all the fellas to hold on to them, they're currency ;)

Have you done the math.How much will you make.If he rises 2 points how much will he be worth?,average speaking.How much wages will he have been paid?How often do SM bother to look at stats in Belgium?.Once a year I think.So in 2 years he will probably have risen 2 points.That is 5 soccer manager seasons.Sitting in your reserves,costing your club money.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Just got slaughtered 1-4 by Newcastle in a friendly:eek: my u23's v his 1st team! was supposed to be a youths / reserves game.

better make sure to change team for 2moro nights clash with valenvcia

Mr Freeze earned a draw with FC Porto against Vélez Sársfield.

The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Vélez Sársfield in their Friendly fixture.

Jovetić scored the only goal for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Had to try something diff as Rodriquez is getting 4-5s at AMR but couldnt move him to AMC as thats the only positiion across AM jovetic is happy with and couldnt play Jovetics at FC as Dzeko plays there.

Not sure if it worked

Why?

He plays for Lyon,where you not calling them the new Liverpool 2 pages ago?

New Lyon players......Lacazette.Started with Lyon 2 years ago now rated 88.Worth probably 8m.
    2 years is a long time....730 days.A lot can happen....someone like Benzia could come along and take his place.He could break his leg.anything.He could join the priest hood who knows.Don't spend too much on him!!!!

just saying

OR

He clould fulfil his potential and reolicate Benzima, at which stage I will have a 50+ mil pound player on my hands... not going to happen tomorrow, but hey!!!!

Who knows man, you can apply your lodgic to any player in which case dont sign ANYONE and sell all your players!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Just got slaughtered 1-4 by Newcastle in a friendly:eek: my u23's v his 1st team! was supposed to be a youths / reserves game.

better make sure to change team for 2moro nights clash with valenvcia

Sorry about that, didn't realise you wanted it to be a reserves game

Play again next Saturday???

Have you done the math.How much will you make.If he rises 2 points how much will he be worth?,average speaking.How much wages will he have been paid?How often do SM bother to look at stats in Belgium?.Once a year I think.So in 2 years he will probably have risen 2 points.That is 5 soccer manager seasons.Sitting in your reserves,costing your club money.

Ok we get it, you play properly, the rest of us are just her to annoy you ...

I say each to their own, ive been picking up some Belgian youths as thats where im from and i can read Papers in Dutch/Flemish and have spotted some talent/upcoming transfer stories... As ive got no intension of jumping ship to another team it's surely my bad if it doesnt work out, isnt it.

Eg just picked up F.ACHEAMPONG AM,F(LC) 78 who transfered to Anderlecht and is considered one of these new (Ghanean) Messi's

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against Real Madrid.
    Tottenham Hotspur beat Real Madrid 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Bale, Navas and Ideye were amongst the goalscorers.

Gave Ideye the nod over Hernadez for the friendly. One goal, one assist. Very happy with that.

I tell you, I shouldn't have played my weak team, I left out 5 top starters :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

sunderland 3-0 sao paulo. fletcher with all 3 and william gallas playing a storm with an assist and 8 rating. a truly inspired signing by the sunderland manager.

sunderland 3-0 sao paulo. fletcher with all 3 and william gallas playing a storm with an assist and 8 rating. a truly inspired signing by the sunderland manager.

...Until he breaks his leg in the next competitive fixture.. :pac:

• Advertisement

OR

He clould fulfil his potential and reolicate Benzima, at which stage I will have a 50+ mil pound player on my hands... not going to happen tomorrow, but hey!!!!

Who knows man, you can apply your lodgic to any player in which case dont sign ANYONE and sell all your players!!!!!

cool cool cool,
    I did say at the start it was my opinion.
    New subject...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement