Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think so man, look at Varela I snapped up, said under his name that he plays for utd but he was on the db as free agent

But is the club he signed from on soccer manager?

Say if Madrid had of gone in with you for Varela offering more wages, which they get from the weekly ticket etc. which is a lot more than what probably me and you get, I only get 700,000 a week and that's only when it's a home game! Varela would have gone to Madrid and this will just happen all the time. It makes the game pretty pointless if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Say if Madrid had of gone in with you for Varela offering more wages, which they get from the weekly ticket etc. which is a lot more thank what probably me and you get, I only get 700,000 a week and that's only when it's a home game! Varela would have gone to Madrid and this will just happen all the time. It makes the game pretty pointless if that's the case.

See he was only added to the DB the day I signed him! But he was a register Manchester utd player by that time (hence the hype about him) but he was added to the DB as a free agent, NOT added to the utd youth team, get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

See he was only added to the DB the day I signed him! But he was a register Manchester utd player by that time (hence the hype about him) but he was added to the DB as a free agent, NOT added to the utd youth team, get me?

how do you find out when a player is getting added?

Yeah I get you but could he have been a free agent because his club before united isn't in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

In the new players database section
    "New players are constantly added to the database by our community.
    The player will be added to a club if it is unavailable to manage within a Game World. Otherwise, the player will enter the game as a Free Agent and can then be bought for 75% of their valuation."

So if the team is available to manage, eg PSV, the player gets added as a free agent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That's ridiculous if true and will really turn me off this game.

It really takes the incentive away from a smaller clubs point of view, new players added should be put in the team they play for. Otherwise big clubs will snap them up and make the game redundant.

NO they wont.It'll be up too the managers too scout new players and buy them.The smaller teams have a better chance too buy them as their chairmans pay more!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    NO they wont.It'll be up too the managers too scout new players and buy them.The smaller teams have a better chance too buy them as their chairmans pay more!

In real life most of small club's income comes from free players brought up through the youth system and then sold on. That was my impression of what happened in this game and it would make the most sense.

There's a player at PSV's youth club now who hasn't been added to the database and all the big clubs in the world are after him, I won't name him but I thought he'd be added to my team next season and I'd be able to sell him if I see fit. He's going to be in the media more and more now and every other manager will be waiting for him to be added to the database and I bet you it'll be one of the big clubs that get him with the higher wages they can offer.

I get between 100-700k a week depending on home or away so this is a real blow for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Say if Madrid had of gone in with you for Varela offering more wages, which they get from the weekly ticket etc. which is a lot more than what probably me and you get, I only get 700,000 a week and that's only when it's a home game! Varela would have gone to Madrid and this will just happen all the time. It makes the game pretty pointless if that's the case.

I love being an example! :D

I just can't think of any cons to adding the players coming up from the youth teams to their respective clubs in the game world. It seems to be the fairest way!

Same with the stadiums, there should be an option to increase your stadium at a cost so you bring in more revenue.

Can you email soccer manager about ideas like this or will they just ignore it?

pepper180 wrote: »
    I love being an example! :D

Yeah why couldnt I be the example as I was using Varela as a very good example!!

I dont see how this is an advantage to the big clubs, say barca, world famous academy....

Lets say tomorrow messi 2 signs for them, 2-3 years later down the line he makes some appearances for youth and builds a STRONG rep as a promising prospect.

Now he gets added to the SM databaee but Barca dont benifit! If anything it gives the smaller clubs an opportunity to snap up talent!

• Advertisement

In real life most of small club's income comes from free players brought up through the youth system and then sold on. That was my impression of what happened in this game and it would make the most sense.

There's a player at PSV's youth club now who hasn't been added to the database and all the big clubs in the world are after him, I won't name him but I thought he'd be added to my team next season and I'd be able to sell him if I see fit. He's going to be in the media more and more now and every other manager will be waiting for him to be added to the database and I bet you it'll be one of the big clubs that get him with the higher wages they can offer.

I get between 100-700k a week depending on home or away so this is a real blow for me.

But your missing my point.If you and Real Madrid are both in for the player your Chairman's limit on what you can bid will be MORE then what the Real one will allow!

Players go too teams that bid the most.We ( The Managers) have no control over wages!

I just can't think of any cons to adding the players coming up from the youth teams to their respective clubs in the game world. It seems to be the fairest way!

Same with the stadiums, there should be an option to increase your stadium at a cost so you bring in more revenue.

Ya there is a suggestion area on the forums and SM respond too it!

Right we'll do an experiment.

Mac and Pepper will you check to see how much you can bid on Phil Jones.

But your missing my point.If you and Real Madrid are both in for the player your Chairman's limit on what you can bid will be MORE then what the Real one will allow!

Players go too teams that bid the most.We ( The Managers) have no control over wages!

But then that goes around to me not having enough cash in the first place because my income is so little which is a problem big clubs don't have.

But then that goes around to me not having enough cash in the first place because my income is so little which is a problem big clubs don't have.

Not an issue once the game gets into full swing and were 2r3 seasons in every team will have 20 odd million just from player sales alone!

Not an issue once the game gets into full swing and were 2r3 seasons in every team will have 20 odd million just from player sales alone!

I wouldnt say 'every'.... some play this game a little different!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

love when this happens away to the league leaders
    Aston Villa beat Internazionale 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Bent scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Turan and Agbonlahor were also amongst the goalscorers.

Play-offs Battle:

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against ACF Fiorentina.
    FC Porto beat ACF Fiorentina 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Jovetić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Džeko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The Jovetic move to FC is definitely paying off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Los Angeles Galaxy.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to Los Angeles Galaxy in their Division 2 fixture.
    Willian was on the scoresheet for his side.

:eek::eek::eek:

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Los Angeles Galaxy.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to Los Angeles Galaxy in their Division 2 fixture.
    Willian was on the scoresheet for his side.

:eek::eek::eek:

:eek:
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    love when this happens away to the league leaders
    Aston Villa beat Internazionale 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Bent scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Turan and Agbonlahor were also amongst the goalscorers.

:eek:
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Play-offs Battle:

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against ACF Fiorentina.
    FC Porto beat ACF Fiorentina 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Jovetić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Džeko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The Jovetic move to FC is definitely paying off! :D

Sounds like a good match day for the men from FCP!! :cool: And the German boyz from Schalke and Leverkusen to by the looks of the results

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

After failing to win any of my last 6 games and falling out of the top 6, I've finally won again, 2-1 against Valencia

Only 4 points separating the top 9 in Division 2; anybody's game :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

sunderland 0-3 juventus i was robbed buffon saved 7 shots where as juve had 3 shots and scored 3 and then even though i thought i had subs set only if im winning by 2 goals a load of my youth players come on and i got hammered in possession.

absolutely robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus, 3-0 is hardly close, wouldn't say you were robbed :D

I drew with Breman, 1-1. Still top of Div 3 though my lead has been cut I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Someone sent me a message but it disappeared before I saw who sent it or what it said. If you're seeing this could you message me again? Thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Jaysus, 3-0 is hardly close, wouldn't say you were robbed :D

I drew with Breman, 1-1. Still top of Div 3 though my lead has been cut I think

3 goals 3 shots i was robbed. :mad:

...by buffon was on form i noticed he wasnt as bad tonight as he was against japan.....shame.

pirlo also rated a 10 pure legend.

well done to wolfsburg 2-0 against arsenal not to shabby for the managers first match!!

SS Lazio outclassed Estudiantes and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Candreva scored the winner for SS Lazio and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Still in contention for a playoff place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

David James steered SSC Napoli to victory against Manchester United.

SSC Napoli beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Wanyama scored the winner for SSC Napoli and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Agree with both these suggestions..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Neil McDonald
     steered Spartak Moskva to victory against Shanghai Shenhua.
    Spartak Moskva beat Shanghai Shenhua 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.
    Riise scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hooper and Saviola were also amongst the goalscorers.

my two new attacking players scored. hooper got 2 and saviola got one.
    back to winning ways now aswel. and Endo is joining aswel :)

• Advertisement

Eddy Mac steered Dortmund to victory against AC Milan.
    Dortmund outclassed AC Milan and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Götze scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Schieber was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Arsenal Lose
    Barca Draw
    Spurs Lose
    PSG Draw
    Good night for the lads in the yellow wall!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement