Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kryogen wrote: »
    It would be pretty annoying though if you are trying to get a deal done quickly and quietly on a player playing for, say, and Argentinian team who wouldnt really be that well known and the news goes out to everybody that you have made an undisclosed offer for x player, then they look into him, see that he could be a good option and make an offer too.

Deals can get done quietly still!

Also, if someone isnt aware of a player there is no need to help them out either, it should be up to each manager to scout/discover his own targets and not put those who do have them at a disadvantage

the only way a manager will know of your transfer buissnes from external clubs is

A...if they are watching that club
    B..if they have the player shorlisted

No other way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Just spotted my first league game is away to Celtic!

Should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I see Anzhi have some bargain 86 rated players on the transfer list

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    What is considered 'done' tho?

Normally transfers take 1 day to complete, just have to wait it out and you will see where the player has decided to go!

Not much more you can do once a bid is accepted, once he says where he is going though thats it, it will not change if a higher bid comes in or anything, its done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

My mate who drives a cab picked up these lasses a quayside bar in Newcastle tonight who swear that one of their step fathers other daughters scored messi in the strawberry pub after he signed his 5 year deal earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Just spotted my first league game is away to Celtic!

Should be fun

The boys are already talking about the 3 points

Celtic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone know what happens if you go in the red financially?

nothing happens immediately, & obviously you can't buy because you've no money
    you just stay in debt or go into more debt - this probably only happens at small clubs that you build up to have good squads, as the stadium capacity only increases so much, so your losing money every week/two weeks

i went into debt with an other team i manage - small club, good players, because of wages but it was only for a few weeks until the transfer bans on players weren't up. when they were i just sold them & back into the black

If you don't get out of debt yourself I think that possibly the chairman will give you a cash injection - because i've never gotten one or heard of it anyone else getting it, on season 8 in another GW - so i think that's what it must do

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I have some very decent players and might be tempted to sell.Have a look through my squad i'm fairly sure alot of my players are over rated.

Celtic

My mate who drives a cab picked up these lasses a quayside bar in Newcastle tonight who swear that one of their step fathers other daughters scored messi in the strawberry pub after he signed his 5 year deal earlier today.

Oh, and can people please stop bidding on Neymar?! he promised me he's sign for Porto, even said he'd have a word with his own club re waving the fee. He such a nice bloke ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Glitch in the game

I have tried to bid on a player, it wont let me as you can only be involved in one transfer at a time with any single team, grand, only problem is I dont have any other bloody transfers in with that team!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Yurt wrote: »
    I have some very decent players and might be tempted to sell.Have a look through my squad i'm fairly sure alot of my players are over rated.

Celtic

how much wayama?
    Dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Daemos wrote: »
    Probably. Could be the SMFA either. In either case, nothing can be done, I'm afraid

Twas the SMFA...:(:(

kryogen wrote: »
    Glitch in the game

I have tried to bid on a player, it wont let me as you can only be involved in one transfer at a time with any single team, grand, only problem is I dont have any other bloody transfers in with that team!!!!!!!

Have they a bid in with you tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have they a bid in with you tho?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Christ, signed up about 4 hours ago and have barely been away from the laptop... this is gonna take over my life!!

Sao Paulo

1. MrMac84 : Dortmund
    2. Vito Corleone : Manchester City
    3. Yakult : Sunderland
    4. Manzoor14 : Arsenal
    5. IvySlayer : West Brom
    6. icarus86 : Athletico Madrid
    7. MrKingsley : Tottenham
    8. danwhite88 : Liverpool
    9. WilcoOut : Barcelona
    10. kryogen : Real Madrid
    11. theRB : Chelsea
    12. allanb49 : Portsmouth
    13. wnolan1992 : Wolfsburg
    14. batistuta9 : Bayern Munchen
    15. Rafa1977 : Paris SG
    16. soap1978 : Man Utd
    17. tvc15 : AC Milan
    18. swoody : Juventus
    19. Maldjd23 : Napoli
    20. unkymo : Everton
    21. Munster Magic : Newcastle
    22. irishgoldberg : Inter Milan
    23. turniphead : Valencia
    24. king size mars bar : Bayer Leverkusen
    25. Abracastabya : Benfica
    26. eh i dunno : Aston Villa
    27. GT_TDI_150 : FC Porto
    28. foxerv1 : Shaktar Donetsk
    29. Midlife Crashes : Fiorentina
    30. Daemos : Schalke 04
    31. Ronan : Zenit St. Petersburg
    32. Officer Giggles :Anzhi
    33. Rayne Wooney :PSV
    34. The Internet : Roma
    35. Copper Pipe : Fenerbahce
    36. tupac healy : Malaga
    37. TheGunns : Ajax
    38. rotinaj : Lazio
    39 : 12gauge dave : Hamburg
    40 : Yurt : Celtic
    41 : Princess Petulia Pissy Pants : Sao Paulo
    42 : Harpy : Galatasry

Christ, signed up about 4 hours ago and have barely been away from the laptop... this is gonna take over my life!!

Sao Paulo

like i say too guys...You get out what you out in,,,,Ive a feeling this is going too be a BIG thread!Ha ha!!

i keep looking for the continue button to speed things up

i keep looking for the continue button to speed things up

Theres none!You wont get another fix of matches till tomorow man!!

i had bids in for two players that would put me over my budget if they both went through, will the game stop the second transfer or just put me in the red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it'll stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Leave Lukaku alone :mad:

well then people need to start buying the players I have transfer listed..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Bids have been accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

leaked photo of Neymar at Juventus Stadium

227891_203112063060764_2994715_n.jpg

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Leave Lukaku alone :mad:

Thats the problem with Loan players :eek:

If you made, lets say, €150,000,000 worth of offers and they all get accepted but your budget is waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy less, does the game allow you to decide what deals go through? Can you delay deals so you can ensure you receive revenue from outgoing deals to complete your incoming deals?

FC Porto

Yurt wrote: »

Celtic

Wow, they have got Scott Brown and Vic Wanyama mixed up! Wanyama is the better player, also Chris Commons is criminally under rated!!!!!!!!!

Still think ye will fall to the mighty Malaga :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Celtic in a friendly tomorrow, I predict 2-1 win :)

São Paulo

• Advertisement

If you made, lets say, €150,000,000 worth of offers and they all get accepted but your budget is waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy less, does the game allow you to decide what deals go through? Can you delay deals so you can ensure you receive revenue from outgoing deals to complete your incoming deals?

FC Porto

In short, no....

Hence the reason you need to be careful how many deals you have going at once, also you can only do 3 deals per season with the 1 club so bear that in mind and you can't sell if your squad will fall under 21 players.....

It will take a bit of tweeking but eventually people will settle in and get the hang of it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement