Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Bet i know what team made that offer.:D:D

Start with man end with u?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Thinking someone else, i know two teams that take the p1ss but one in particular comes to mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Navas went for 38m

Moura went for 34m

Not a hope is Oscar going for face value, he's due a rise and will probably go to 92 before the end of next season. Also only 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

U. R a dick

soap1978 wrote: »
    U. R a dick

Touched a nerve? :p

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur in their Friendly fixture.

Jovetić was on the scoresheet for his side.

Looks like my boys mightnt be ready for promotion just yet, guess i'll just keep plugging away!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Happy with the 4-1, given I was trying a new formation.

Bale on fire with a goal and two assists, but didn't even get MOTM (which went to Carvalho).

Speaking of, been very happy with how Carvalho and Gonzalez have turned out considering how cheap they were....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio beat Sunderland 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Frei scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Onazi and Digard were also amongst the goalscorers.

I'll take that! ;)

Happy with the 4-1, given I was trying a new formation.

Bale on fire with a goal and two assists, but didn't even get MOTM (which went to Carvalho).

Speaking of, been very happy with how Carvalho and Gonzalez have turned out considering how cheap they were....

Gotta love this game(shows why I'm not D1 material just yet ...) Spurs got 4 goals from 3 shots on target :eek: :P

scratch that!!

Somehiow I'm getting the stats and match commentary from a Newcastle - Sunderland game somewhere ( Newcastle drew by the way)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

lazio3-2sunderland

dismal performance for sunderland youths. out classed to the last man.
    i have never witnessed a more boring one sided match...heads will roll for this starting with the GK jake keane his utterly lazy display has numbered his days at this club!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

soap1978 wrote: »
    U. R a dick
    Touched a nerve? :p
    wrong, wrong, wrong just WRONG!

do players who get picked for international duty tire or get injured??

you'll never know.......... muhahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Gotta love this game(shows why I'm not D1 material just yet ...) Spurs got 4 goals from 3 shots on target :eek: :P

scratch that!!

Somehiow I'm getting the stats and match commentary from a Newcastle - Sunderland game somewhere ( Newcastle drew by the way)

I was playing Anderlecht

I was playing Anderlecht
    I think it mixed up GW's ... as in that was a random game from some other GW

this.

I think it mixed up GW's ... as in that was a random game from some other GW

Was thinking as much, dont think I have played Sunderland

Slightly off topic but I am West Brom in another game world, 9 games into the first season and I have built up a fairly decent team(see below). I have 9 wins from 9 and I am 5 points ahead of Liverpool in second.

I have just been offered the United job and as a United fan I am very tempted, they have brought in Di Maria, Tello, Alba and MESSI and sold Nani, Anderson, Evra and Valencia. Should I take the United job?

Weidenfeller

Varane Garay Bonnuci Coentrao

Martinez Thiago

Lucas Moura Neymar Isco

Lukaku

Slightly off topic but I am West Brom in another game world, 9 games into the first season and I have built up a fairly decent team(see below). I have 9 wins from 9 and I am 5 points ahead of Liverpool in second.

I have just been offered the United job and as a United fan I am very tempted, they have brought in Di Maria, Tello, Alba and MESSI and sold Nani, Anderson, Evra and Valencia. Should I take the United job?

Weidenfeller

Martinez Thiago

Lucas Moura Neymar Isco

Lukaku

Meant to say United are currently 7th and 13 points off the top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Weidenfeller

Martinez Thiago

Lucas Moura Neymar Isco

Lukaku

I never take the offers, prefer building my clubs (let them all go inactive at one stage though so they're gone :( )

All down to personal preference and how you want to play the game

i manage Germany in this games world and tbh all my players are at 80% fitness when it comes to matches but i play them anyway. i've never had an injury during a match but have had injuried players in my squad before hand so i've droped them

ask again on the 5th after an international and i'll tell you fosur... ;)

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    I never take the offers, prefer building my clubs (let them all go inactive at one stage though so they're gone :( )

All down to personal preference and how you want to play the game

I do too but as a United fan it is very hard to turn down and there is only 9 games gone but on the other hand I have a decent team at WBA and 9 wins from 9

swoody wrote: »
    i manage Germany in this games world and tbh all my players are at 80% fitness when it comes to matches but i play them anyway. i've never had an injury during a match but have had injuried players in my squad before hand so i've droped them

ask again on the 5th after an international and i'll tell you fosur... ;)

cool was just wondering has a club ever lost a player because he injured during international duty.

cool was just wondering has a club ever lost a player because he injured during international duty.
    who do you "THAT'S" an international........ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Kiev are certainly busy bidding tonight on my news feed

Lol, just joined the game. Trying to get as much potential as possible into my team on a shoe string budget. I do apologise for any poor offers, trying to offer players as I've not got much cash.

My chairman never let's me offer enough cash to buy the targets I want.
    Was wondering how long it would take Kiev to come knocking for one of mine ...

You call THAT an offer? Countered :p

I've made so many offers I can't remember which one was that?

who do you "THAT'S" an international........ :rolleyes:

wow this post is even more incoherent than mine. :D

wow this post is even more incoherent than mine. :D
    Glastonbury

vomit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Weidenfeller

Martinez Thiago

Lucas Moura Neymar Isco

Lukaku

With that 11!!!! No chance!!!

Very good team you have built, stick with em

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭batistuta9

no, not for the club

the only thing you'll notice is their rating for the international match if they played is included in their recent form

The Matri to NUFC from SV H transfer got me thinking ...

Matri was a 90 rated striker in D4 with stats of
    Season Team Division Games Gls Assists MOTM Avg Rat YC RC
    1 Hamburger SV Division 4 22 (0) 16 7 9 8.32 3 0

His stats are better than most(may be all) 92+ rated players in the game, however most of these play in D1/D2 ...

So ...how does the game handle him moving up 2 divisions. He's more likely to come up against stronger defences ( no offence to any D4 teams intended), will player struggle to keep the lower D form going in higher Ds?

ie, does a D1/2 90 rated player dropping to D3/4 have a better chance of good stats than a D3/4 90 rated player stepping up to D1/2

Im just wondering this out of interest, ie is it worth tempting D3/D4 teams with offers they cant resists for 89/90 rated player rather than having D1/D2 team charging huge money for same rated player?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Back at Chivas, I'd have bit the hand off a team offering me that much for a player, but then that was also back when players weren't going for triple their value. So on that front, I guess one could presume because lower teams need the money more, the fees are smaller. The bigger teams don't need the cash (cause often it's not worth that much) so demand more to compensate?

Anyway, some deals through today...

The offer for Abdoulaye BA of AS Monaco from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

22 y.o. Rated 85 center back. At FC Porto in the real world, but being linked with a few PL teams right now, mainly Stoke and Villa. Picked him up for 4.2m from Monaco. If he signs with a PL team, he's my perfect back up defender, something I've been looking for for a while now.

The offer for Vito MANNONE of Brescia Calcio from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Surprised there wasn't even a remote bit of competition here. Current Arsenal keeper who is likely moving to Sunderland as Mignolet's replacement. Rated 84, only 25. Cost of 2.7m. Will become my second string keeper, and hope that if he gets first team time at Sunderland, should rise above 84. If not, the fact I picked him up from an external means I can sell him off at face value to another external and get 95% of my cash back. I can also sell of Jason Steel, my current back up keeper, who is the Middlesborough keeper in real life. He's valued at 2.7m as well, and thus should cover expenses penny for penny.

The singing of Ba has also made me transfer list Michael Dawson (Central Defender, Rated 89). I've listed him as 20m. At 29, and as a mainstay of the Spurs team, he still has potential to rise to 90. He's possibly looking at breaking into the England team as well. So I think he should demand a decent wad of cash. It's simply a case for me though of not being able to play him and wanting to get rid of his wages. I have my first string defenders and I have my second string defenders. Both he and Kaboul are falling between the two right now, and Dawson is "Unhappy" about a problem that's not going to be resolved. So he gets listed. Any takers? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement