Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    ie, does a D1/2 90 rated player dropping to D3/4 have a better chance of good stats than a D3/4 90 rated player stepping up to D1/2

I think it does.

When I signed Eto'o his stats were 7 goals & 5 assists in 17 matches.
    He was with Bremen in Div 3.

Since he's dropped down to Div4 he gotten 6 goals in 6 games.
    and I'd bet that he'll beat his Bremen stats easy.

I've also seen players struggling to find form once they moved up divisions.
    But a lot of it comes from playing them in their preferred formation,position & tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭batistuta9

in a regular league with a lot of AI teams the higher rated players do better against the weaker teams if they drop divisions & guys do better in a division that is more around their rating than if they played in div 1 with a below avg. rating
    noticed it with loan players & when playing teams in the cup

also there's probably one player in everyone's team that will be worth on average a goal a game (goals + assists) if you put him on frees & corners

& if you play 2 up front, make the higher rated one the target man and the other will out score him easily

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

batistuta9 wrote: »

& if you play 2 up front, make the higher rated one the target man and the other will out score him easily

Pity Niall Quinn aint in the game! He would be worth a fortune!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

Dynamo Kiev have just declared their interest in this guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTQ-VdQoCM
    You'd be doing well to get him.

Hey Kyiv, how about concluding some of the deals you still have in progress with other clubs instead of banging in new offers for new players???

Just a thought....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Nothing wrong with throwing offers about, if you don't want offers then set those players as unavailable

This GW is vastly different to most gameworlds in that it's full and we've had the first round of Transfer Bans expire so it's harder to get players. Even most young players have been taken up, he had no choice other than to load around offers since it can take a couple of days for people to get back to you.

Cut the guy some slack :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Hey Kyiv, how about concluding some of the deals you still have in progress with other clubs instead of banging in new offers for new players???

Just a thought....

Because most of the other clubs have't responded to my offers.
    There is only a few games left until the end of the season. I want to make the squad as strong as my budget lets me, and make the best push for promotion as possible as time is running out. I may lose all my next games, but you can't blame a guy for trying.....

It's very hard to get players in on top of that, as my chairman hardly ever let's me put in the offer I want or think the player is worth. I think I've only got one target in all my attempts.

A Hernandez for example, I wanted to buy and pay the asking price, but chairman wouldn't let me pay the 2m extra the club wanted.

On top of that must clubs want double to treble for any talented players which I can't afford or don't think offers value when I could get 3 players for that price instead of one.

I don't really have the time to do one player at a time and wait for someone not to respond, as at this stage all points are crucial which one player I get in could make all the difference.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with throwing offers about, if you don't want offers then set those players as unavailable

This GW is vastly different to most gameworlds in that it's full and we've had the first round of Transfer Bans expire so it's harder to get players. Even most young players have been taken up, he had no choice other than to load around offers since it can take a couple of days for people to get back to you.

Cheers, that's exactly what I was trying to say without rambling on lol

Edit: anyone have talent sitting on the bench that would be interested in loaning to me to get some game time?...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

tonic wine wrote: »

Edit: anyone have talent sitting on the bench that would be interested in loaning to me to get some game time?...

sessognon 25 million??

i just signed messi,di maria and robben...pitty it was in another game world!! :(

• Advertisement

sessognon 25 million??

Pass, but I'll have whatever your on! :P

Pass, but I'll have whatever your on! :P

your the one who needs the players. :P 25million and hel get you to D1

GOOD DEAL BRO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

sessognon 25 million??

I don't think I've seen a player go for nearly four times his face value yet, especially a 29 year old on a downward spiral :pac:

There is only a few games left until the end of the season. I want to make the squad as strong as my budget lets me, and make the best push for promotion as possible as time is running out. I may lose all my next games, but you can't blame a guy for trying.....

It's very hard to get players in on top of that, as my chairman hardly ever let's me put in the offer I want or think the player is worth. I think I've only got one target in all my attempts.

A Hernandez for example, I wanted to buy and pay the asking price, but chairman wouldn't let me pay the 2m extra the club wanted.

On top of that must clubs want double to treble for any talented players which I can't afford or don't think offers value when I could get 3 players for that price instead of one.

I don't really have the time to do one player at a time and wait for someone not to respond, as at this stage all points are crucial which one player I get in could make all the difference.

Most... not all.... I.e. me!!!

Your missing the point, you made me an offer, I countered, you didnt answer back and are continuing to chase down new target....

Fine if you have offers in, no.probs there but respond to your counter offers at least!

I don't think I've seen a player go for nearly four times his face value yet, especially a 29 year old on a downward spiral :pac:

rrrrrgh!!!!! :mad:

sunderland vs real madrid tonight!!!!

anyone have any predictions??

TheGunns wrote: »

I think your misreading the situation man! I made a COUNTER-offer a few days ago and instead of a response to that on my news feed I see Kyiv chasing down new players?

Eh, I was nice enough to answer the initial query in good time, im only asking for the same courtesy.....

Fine if you have offers in, no.probs there but respond to your counter offers at least!

I do apologise. I was responding at work on my lunch on my phone, I thought I did counter, or at least I tried.

Getting back to you now.

I think your misreading the situation man! I made a COUNTER-offer a few days ago and instead of a response to that on my news feed I see Kyiv chasing down new players?

Eh, I was nice enough to answer the initial query in good time, im only asking for the same courtesy.....

easy now.... hes a new player,give him time. he knows now anyway lol :D

Goin to say the same thing Mr T said to thsy question in Rocky...

My prediction..... PAIN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I realise you were channeling your inner salesperson but it would have been daylight robbery if you got that amount out of the lad :pac:

• Advertisement

I do apologise. I was responding at work on my lunch on my phone, I thought I did counter, or at least I tried.

Getting back to you now.

No hassle! Slipped my mind that you may have not been up to speed on events that have happened in this thread!!

There was some giving out about offer/counter response times before but you werent to know that, no panic!

Getting back to you now.

Cool, now this is how everyone SHOULD do business!

Offer made, counter offer, offer countered again and middle ground reached....

Textbook! You may be new but some 'managers' around her could learn a lot from you!!!!!!

I realise you were channeling your inner salesperson but it would have been daylight robbery if you got that amount out of the lad :pac:

if my arch rivals newcastle can do it with andy carrol i can do it with sessognon. :D

tupac healy!!!!!

zarate!!! what,how,why. i wanted him!

if my arch rivals newcastle can do it with andy carrol i can do it with sessognon. :D

Other than you spelling both names incorrectly there actually is NO comback to that comment!!!!!!

Well done!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

Will accept 10,896,000 for Abel Hernandez, when he gets money in tonight. wanted more like 13m but what can ya do, his chairmen's a dzope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Rafael VAN DER VAART has completed his move to Arsenal from Udinese Calcio for 27,000,000

Missed out on him

GK. Carballero. (89)

backs. stranzl (88), mkyhalyk(88) gallas(89) balzaretti.(90)

midfield. sessegnon pandev biligia johnson.

forwards rossi fletcher.

i wonder how many of them i spelled correctly lol.

the gk and entire back four were signed by me and cost a combined 16.7m. not bad considering i started off with o.shea and brown

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GK. Carballero. (89)

backs. stranzl (89), mkyhalyk(89) gallas(90) balzaretti.(91)

midfield. sessegnon pandev biligia johnson.

forwards rossi fletcher.

i wonder how many of them i spelled correctly lol.

the gk and entire back four were signed by me and cost a combined 16.7m.

Possibly only one. You forgot that names start with capital letters.

:P :P

Sorry, I'm just deliberately being pedantic!! :P:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I think the highest rated i can loan out are 86's but try my squad and see what my chairman will alllow you to bid on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement