Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Trying 4-2-2-2 formation tonight. Trying out playing two strikers. The only worry about it is if it starts to work, I'll need at least a third striker for my team :S

Higuain for Bale? A bit of cash thrown in? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

pepper180 wrote: »
    Higuain for Bale? A bit of cash thrown in? ;)

While I have you here, did I ask you before about Benatia?

If not, would you sell him? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lol no. :pac:

Bale picks up a 10 rating! 3-0 win with Hernandez and Ideye getting in on the action as well.

Quite like how this formation looks. Will be testing it out further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to fierce rivals Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear Derby.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Sunderland in their Friendly fixture.

Disappointing, fair play to Sunderland, always nice to see a smaller club pull off a shock:D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

While I have you here, did I ask you before about Benatia?

If not, would you sell him? :D

He is for sale if there is a good deal involved ;) which manager are you now? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to fierce rivals Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear Derby.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Sunderland in their Friendly fixture.

Disappointing, fair play to Sunderland, always nice to see a smaller club pull off a shock:D

very even match.
    just for that boy rossi if they could only do it in the league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

tonic wine wrote: »
    Wednesday night friendly: Dynamo Kyiv Vs FC Porto.
    Title candidates Porto, just 2 points off the lead play mid table Dynamo Kyiv in the division 2 first leg friendly at the Olimpiysky NSC stadium.

Only two players remaining in this new look starting line up from Kyiv's last competing fixture, with no less then 8 new signings this week making their debut :eek:

Looking forward to seeing how my new signings perform tonight against a good Porto side which should give them a good test.

It's only a friendly tonight, but no excuses, I'm looking for a result :D

Got out shot and out targeted but I did out posses and out corner Kyiv.

Close result, draw would have been fair result ...

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Dynamo Kyiv.
    FC Porto beat Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Džeko scored the winner for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

pepper180 wrote: »
    He is for sale if there is a good deal involved ;) which manager are you now? :pac:

PSV, he doesn't really fit into your team with the quality of players you have.

Giving Sunderland a false sense of grandure ... as a RL Newcastle I like that ...:D

Have put Scott Parker (90, DM, M(c)) at 15m and Tom Huddlestone (88, DM, M(c)) at 8.5m up for sale. They join Michael Dawson (89, D(c)) up as well, who is at 20m right now, but will be dropping soon to 15m to encourage buyers :)

Want to build funds for another striker and an attacking midfielder :) As always, negotiations are available :)

• Advertisement

fierce.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_wKo06S5CV3YFbjlVoa4-cZesryopg38C3onaKlinkpyJc3v1w

hopefully it will be a D1 derby next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Got out shot and out targeted but I did out posses and out corner Kyiv.

Close result, draw would have been fair result ...

Best team won IMO. Well done, thanks for the challenge.
    Poor performance from Kyiv to be honest. A few earned a place keeping the bench warm until our second leg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going 3-4-3 for the rest of the season in a late bid for the play offs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Simon Woodward steered Juventus to victory against Marseille.
    Juventus hammered Marseille 5 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Asamoah scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Vucinic and Giovinco were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

***de zeeuw up for grabs at spartak moscow.***

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Jimmy Rabbitte steered Los Angeles Galaxy to victory against São Paulo FC.
    Los Angeles Galaxy beat São Paulo FC 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Hesmer had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Kempf was on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted with the win although my keeper got MOM. Was good to see what my kids and reserves can do. Still on the mission of rebuilding the shambles that was left behind when I took over. Another step in the right direction...

Jimmy Rabbitte steered Los Angeles Galaxy to victory against São Paulo FC.
    Los Angeles Galaxy beat São Paulo FC 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Hesmer had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Kempf was on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted with the win although my keeper got MOM. Was good to see what my kids and reserves can do. Still on the mission of rebuilding the shambles that was left behind when I took over. Another step in the right direction...

your on a roll. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

your on a roll. ;)

Too little too late but have definitely steadied the ship.... Will be aiming to bounce straight back after we're relegated. (See what I'm doing there? Mind games with my relegation rivals ;) )

Have put Scott Parker (90, DM, M(c)) at 15m and Tom Huddlestone (88, DM, M(c)) at 8.5m up for sale. They join Michael Dawson (89, D(c)) up as well, who is at 20m right now, but will be dropping soon to 15m to encourage buyers :)

Want to build funds for another striker and an attacking midfielder :) As always, negotiations are available :)
    you will never get those prices.

Parker is heading to QPR for £2M and you want £15M :confused: he'll also drop in rating

Huddlestone is heading to Sunderland for £5M and you want 8.5M (6/7M is a fair price)

Dawson isnt going anywhere (yet) but £20M is just laughable 9M tops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

swoody wrote: »
    you will never get those prices.

Parker is heading to QPR for £2M and you want £15M :confused: he'll also drop in rating

Huddlestone is heading to Sunderland for £5M and you want 8.5M (6/7M is a fair price)

Dawson isnt going anywhere (yet) but £20M is just laughable 9M tops

Comparing real life prices to SM prices is pointless.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Comparing real life prices to SM prices is pointless.
    i'm being realistic :rolleyes:

1. As said, they are starting positions for negotiations.

2. Since when do we put real world values on players? Navas went for 15m in the real world, and 38m in the game world. Plenty of other examples where players went for far more than in the real world; the in game values are based on in game factors. With Parker, for instance, he's a 90 rated player when there's not many available, so yeah, I think 15m is a good starting point. 90% of the players on the transfer list are going for more than they would in real world.

Was going to stick Estaban Granero up for sale (after ridding my self of my other QPR man M'bia few days back), but a quick google tells me that QPR want him out and his agent also confirmed he's leaving with La Ligua or possibly arsenal as final destinations .... me thinks I'll hold on for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

I don't think you're too far away with Huddlestones valuation - but his stats are on the slide and my chairman only values him at 4.9M. I still might be interested towards the end of the season though - will need to start building a decent second string for the energy sapping 3rd Division!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio beat PSV 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Candreva scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    El Shaarawy was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Ah another goal for El Sha!!!!

But again, means nothing unless I win tomorrow night! Can't manage to get into the playoff spots (just!!!!) hopefully now!

Ah just noticed Palermo have a hard home game against Spartak!!!

Could sneak in tomorrow night but Velez are flying........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well done LA Galaxy. That was pretty much my full team bar my striker and a few positional changes. Good game and deserved win. Hopefully I can sort it out for tomorrows match

nua domhan wrote: »
    I don't think you're too far away with Huddlestones valuation - but his stats are on the slide and my chairman only values him at 4.9M. I still might be interested towards the end of the season though - will need to start building a decent second string for the energy sapping 3rd Division!! :D

I've already had bids for Huddlestone that were above the asking price, which is nice, but that involved players I wasn't interested in. At the moment, I think I'm mainly after the cash, but if players got involved in the deal, they'll have to be ones I think I'd at least have in my squad.

But yeah, chairman valuations drive me nuts.
    Noticed today mine has lowered Benteke's value to 11m max :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Reluctantly putting Artem Milevsky up for sale.
    AM,F(C) Age 28 Rated 88
    Statistics: App. 12 Goals 6 Ass 1 MoM 1 Average Rating 7.65

just noticed that my wonderkid from Ghana Richmond Yiadom-Boakye knocked Portugal out of the U20 World Cup with a cheeky freekick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

swoody wrote: »
    just noticed that my wonderkid from Ghana Richmond Yiadom-Boakye knocked Portugal out of the U20 World Cup with a cheeky freekick

Cheeky? I think deflection is the word your looking for ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement