Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Duarte Bernard gone up to 89 from 87. No chance of me selling him now. Thanks to the Porto manager for mentioning him in the thread.:D:D

Beat Anzhi 3-2 to get back into the playoff places.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Duarte Bernard gone up to 89 from 87. No chance of me selling him now. Thanks to the Porto manager for mentioning him in the thread.:D:D

Beat Anzhi 3-2 to get back into the playoff places.

Me? What did I say again? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Real Madrid are 4 points clear with 9 to play.. Can they do it?

LETS HOPE SO!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Me? What did I say again? :o

You mentioned there was a bidding war going on for him. Never even heard of the guy before that :o

You mentioned there was a bidding war going on for him. Never even heard of the guy before that :o
    oooh, that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What do you guys think of managers of big clubs getting sacked if they get relegated?

I think it'd be a good idea, they'd have to take over a club lower down than the club they're at. Mac would be in control of it and decide which managers should be sacked.

Just a suggestion anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

What do you guys think of managers of big clubs getting sacked if they get relegated?

I think it'd be a good idea, they'd have to take over a club lower down than the club they're at. Mac would be in control of it and decide which managers should be sacked.

I wouldn't say they have no choice and get sacked! Pretty mean because then they can't fight for promotion! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

dont think that would fly,but i think there should be tournys between the top 4 rated mangers when a big club becomes available.

Just looking at division 1 there, Chelsea hadn't got a manager for a while so I think it'd be unfair to sack him, but the United manager should really be worried if Mac decides to bring it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

David Matthew steered Vélez Sársfield to victory against Panathinaikos.
    Vélez Sársfield outclassed Panathinaikos and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ralf scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gago and Xavier were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement

pepper180 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say they have no choice and get sacked! Pretty mean because then they can't fight for promotion! :confused:

But if you're playing with a Madrid or a Dortmund and have the sort of players and funds that clubs like that have and you get relegated, is it really fair that they get to carry on.

I'm not talking about Portsmouth or smaller teams, just the big teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

have 2 86 rated DC you can have on loan till the EOS, if they are rated high enough
    Ya they'd walk onto this team
    Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Who are you?
    1 of the minnows of divsion 4 Flamengo

PerrinV2 wrote: »

try and loan what you can/want and I'll give ya who I can

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The only issue is who'd get the team after the manager was sacked?
    Or what if nobody wanted that team... You'd have a high rated team with no Manager.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Or what if nobody wanted that team... You'd have a high rated team with no Manager.

Just take Chelsea as an example. If they get relegated to division 2 then the Chelsea manager gets sacked, the highest rated manager between divisions 2-4 gets first choice on the Cheslea managers job, if he turns it down it goes to the second highest and so on, the original Chelsea manager gets to pick any of the teams that are free in the GW between divisions 2-4 or gets to take the job of the manager who is taking his job.

That's the fairest way I think.

Obviously that's just an example because the Chelsea manager is only new to the job anyway,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Mr Blobby wrote: »

the only issue is you would be sacking a player :pac: plenty of people would want the team dont worry about that.

Just take Chelsea as an example. If they get relegated to division 2 then the Chelsea manager gets sacked, the highest rated manager between divisions 2-4 gets first choice on the Cheslea managers job, if he turns it down it goes to the second highest and so on, the original Chelsea manager gets to pick any of the teams that are free in the GW between divisions 2-4 or gets to take the job or the manager who is taking his job.

Obviously that's just an example because the Chelsea manager is only new to the job anyway,

not I flyer I reckon, that chelsea manager has turned the fortunes of the club around, same as the LA Galaxy manager ... worked miracles with the teams considering where the clubs were at when they took over ...

enough punishement for relegated manager to have to spent time in a lower league ... maybe block them from taking over clubs in Divisions above them for a season or something but sacking them? No!

Just take Chelsea as an example. If they get relegated to division 2 then the Chelsea manager gets sacked, the highest rated manager between divisions 2-4 gets first choice on the Cheslea managers job, if he turns it down it goes to the second highest and so on, the original Chelsea manager gets to pick any of the teams that are free in the GW between divisions 2-4 or gets to take the job of the manager who is taking his job.

Yeah I suppose it could work... It would make it somewhat interesting and give everyone a reason to get their manager rating up.
    plenty of people would want the team dont worry about that.

You'd be surprised.
    There wasn't that many people after the Real Madrid job. I think it was only 4 managers.

maybe block them from taking over clubs in Divisions above them for a season

Now that I like!

It'd stop unsuccessful managers ruining other teams.

not I flyer I reckon, that chelsea manager has turned the fortunes of the club around, same as the LA Galaxy manager ... worked miracles with the teams considering where the clubs were at when they took over ...

enough punishement for relegated manager to have to spent time in a lower league ... maybe block them from taking over clubs in Divisions above them for a season or something but sacking them? No!

Did you read the last paragraph of what I posted? It was just an example, I know well the Chelsea and LA manager only took over.

And I'm only talking about the big teams that shouldn't be getting relegated, take a look at division 1. Bayern and United are very close to the drop, look at the squads and budgets they have. I just think it's an incentive to be better and get the club winning, instead of knowing you're safe even if you get relegated.

Bayern and United would walk our division even if the tactics were just the default ones, what good is that if they just got relegated and obviously are having problems managing a big club?

It's just a suggestion anyway we'll see what Mac says.

Maybe we won't do it this season because none of the managers knew, but I think it'd be a good idea to roll it out for next season.

• Advertisement

Did you read the last paragraph of what I posted? It was just an example, I know well the Chelsea and LA manager only took over.

And I'm only talking about the big teams that shouldn't be getting relegated, take a look at division 1. Bayern and United are very close to the drop, look at the squads and budgets they have. I just think it's an incentive to be better and get the club winning, instead of knowing you're safe even if you get relegated.

Bayern and United would walk our division even if the tactics were just the default ones, what good is that if they just got relegated and obviously are having problems managing a big club?

It's just a suggestion anyway we'll see what Mac says.

I did see you're last paragraph, but you cant have a rule that only applies to some of the teams, united get relegated, sack the manager, chelsea get relegated he keeps his job?

this is why I think if people do want some punishment, stop them going to clubs in higher divisions .... but that mightn't be considered punishment either tho, lots of players here want to see their project do well and wont jump ship at every opportunity

I did see you're last paragraph, but you cant have a rule that only apple to some of the teams, united get relegated, sack the manager, chelsea get relegated he keeps his job?

this is why I think if people do want some punishment, stop them going to clubs in higher divisions .... but that mightn't be considered punishment either tho, lots of players here want to see their project do well and wont jump ship at every opportunity

The Chelsea manager only took over, the United manager has been at the helm all season and is close to relegation.

There is a huge difference there.

It's not punishment, it's downgrading the team because they're obviously not able to handle a big team if they're getting relegated. It's better to try and get a better manager in so the team won't get relegated next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Apply for a few loans off me if you like...

It's not punishment, it's downgrading the team because they're obviously not able to handle a big team if they're getting relegated. It's better to try and get a better manager in so the team won't get relegated next time.

I kind of understand where your coming from.

A good example would be Tupac while he was with Malaga. He had a very strong team for that Division but yet he was losing most of his games and was sitting in 19th.
    He then left for Lazio and he's now battling for promotion and doing really well.

I think some managers need to consider dropping down to the lower divisions if they can't cut it at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Hanover in their Division 3 fixture.
    Candreva was on the scoresheet for his side.

Ahhhh something was telling me to change formation tonight and freshen it up! Damn, must listen to the gut!

Out of playoffs again.....

The Chelsea manager only took over, the United manager has been at the helm all season and is close to relegation.

There is a huge difference there.

I get what you are saying but /i dont think it would be right to apply different rules to teams relegated ... at what point has a manager been in the job long enough to deserve to get sacked, do you sack newly promoted teams if they go straght back down? when do you consider a team/squad/finances big/good/rich enough to get the sack if relegated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

SS Lazio slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Hanover in their Division 3 fixture.
    Candreva was on the scoresheet for his side.

Ahhhh something was telling me to change formation tonight and freshen it up! Damn, must listen to the gut!

Out of playoffs again.....
    your level with me again after i hockeyed panathinaikos 6-0 .....muhahahahaha *cough*cough*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Whoever wants a centre half can loan Richard Dunne off me.

Is it not possible to view tables on the mobile site?

I get what you are saying but /i dont think it would be right to apply different rules to teams relegated ...1. at what point has a manager been in the job long enough to deserve to get sacked, 2. do you sack newly promoted teams if they go straght back down? 3. when do you consider a team/squad/finances big/good/rich enough to get the sack if relegated?

1. A full season should be long enough. I'm going to play 62 games with PSV this season, I didn't get far in cups and didn't play a lot of friendlies. A big team could play 75+ games a season.

2. No. Why would you? I said big teams that get relegated. If you get promoted your team rating is 90, United's is 94 with brilliant players on the bench. That's a huge difference.

3. Look at the ratings. I'd consider Barca, Dortmund, Madrid, Spurs, United, Bayern, Arsenal, Juve, City, Milan, and Cheslea all the big teams in this GW at the moment. If any of these get relegated I think they should be given a lesser team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Whoever goes down goes down, there is no sacking in the gameworld and nobody should have any say over any other person having to quit a club.

Getting relegated with a 'big' club would be embarrassing and therefore punishment enough. If lads lose interest and walk away it opens up opportunities for others.

On that note I really hope Chelsea do stay up, I considered applying for the job but thought it was a definite that they would go down, so all credit to the new manager for having a great chance of staying up now.

People should concentrate on their own jobs rather than trying to come up with ways of punishing people they think are doing bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement