Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

People should concentrate on their own jobs rather than trying to come up with ways of punishing people they think are doing bad.

How dare you!!!

I reserve my right to be a hateful prick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Whoever wants a centre half can loan Richard Dunne off me.

Is it not possible to view tables on the mobile site?
    if you dont want him why dont you just flog him off to an external club....?

there a "desktop site button" you'll be able to view everything like your on your laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Click the button top left that looks like a notepad, it opens up a big side menu, within it click club competitions and in that it has the latest tables.

I'm assuming it works the same on all devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yes, because getting relegated with a 94 rated team to a division where the teams are mostly 88-89 and waltzing that league without having to press a button because your team is vastly superior to the others, getting promoted only to get relegated all over again because you've learned nothing. That's a great way to run the superior clubs..

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I think just keep it going the way it is!

If you get relegated well then so be it, bad season for you.
    If you don't get relegated all well and good for you!

And if any 'rule' was going to come in to play, it would have to start at the end of next season as its not fair to just spring this trap on people so late in this season.. "Ehh you did sh1t and even though its not in the game or the rules you are being kicked from your team, nice try"..

THAT WONT WORK!

Live and let live.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Apply for a few loans off me if you like...
    Might just do that

I'd take him but would not prefer to flog him off to an external club

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Ya sure ya didn't select the reason from the dropbox then buy him anyway by selecting the wrong button??

When you select the reason you don't get a button that now lets you buy him after you've already selected reject offer :rolleyes: Give it a go yourself.

I've emailed them about it and put it behind me. Shizzle happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I kind of understand where your coming from.

A good example would be Tupac while he was with Malaga. He had a very strong team for that Division but yet he was losing most of his games and was sitting in 19th.
    He then left for Lazio and he's now battling for promotion and doing really well.

Almost like clockwork......(next post) :D:D:D:D
    SS Lazio slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Hanover in their Division 3 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Whoever goes down goes down, there is no sacking in the gameworld and nobody should have any say over any other person having to quit a club.

Getting relegated with a 'big' club would be embarrassing and therefore punishment enough. If lads lose interest and walk away it opens up opportunities for others.

Why not turn "sack managers" on in the gameworld? The Game engine will define when a chairman thinks a manager is doing ****e and get rid of them. Then they'll have to go to a smaller club and improve themselves and work their way back up.

I agree that if a manager with a 93/94 rated team can't even keep them up then they should be punished. Reward the good, punish the bad!! (ps just cause i'm rated 3rd best doesn't mean i want to go anywhere and be "rewarded")....ahem.....

Maybe if they're bumped off they'll try and put a bit more effort into the game, increase the competition and make it even more addicting for everyone!

pepper180 wrote: »

And if any 'rule' was going to come in to play, it would have to start at the end of next season as its not fair to just spring this trap on people so late in this season.. "Ehh you did sh1t and even though its not in the game or the rules you are being kicked from your team, l

Exactly what I suggested on the last page.

It can't be just sprung on managers at this point in the season because that would just be unfair.

I definitely think it should be considered for next season though, it'll weed out the managers who aren't suited for the elite clubs.

I don't know why people are getting out the "worry about your own team" nonsense. I've nothing to gain from this, I'm ranked 44th and I'd like to see out what I've started at PSV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭batistuta9

And I'm only talking about the big teams that shouldn't be getting relegated, take a look at division 1. Bayern and United are very close to the drop, look at the squads and budgets they have. I just think it's an incentive to be better and get the club winning, instead of knowing you're safe even if you get relegated.

Bayern and United would walk our division even if the tactics were just the default ones, what good is that if they just got relegated and obviously are having problems managing a big club?

"get the club winning" - do you think we're doing shít on purpose

You do understand SM is just pressing buttons, right? There's no real managing involved -the tactics work or the don't. I'm on about my 4th change to them now but there's a randomness to it as well

There's no fergie's or avb in this, your talk about handling it at a big club is nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What does it matter if the big clubs get relegated anyway? I for one dream of the day when Div 1 is full of minnows such as myself :D

batistuta9 wrote: »
    "get the club winning" - do you think we're doing shít on purpose

You do understand SM is just pressing buttons, right? There's no real managing involved -the tactics work or the don't. I'm on about my 4th change to them now but there's a randomness to it as well

There's no fergie's or avb in this, your talk about handling it at a big club is nonsense

Your team rating is 92-94. You've had 48 games in charge and you haven't even played a friendly since the start of the season.

Out of the 11 teams I named as the elite clubs, why are 8 of them in the top 11? Chelsea are the excuse because the previous manager before left them in a shambles. You and United are the only ones down the bottom of the table.

It's strange that all the other teams have been successful but you and United haven't.

Anyway it's not until next season I'd bring it in so everyone will get another season to get the tactics right, after that if people are still getting relegated with teams that shouldn't, they should be demoted and better managers or "button pushers" as you call them should be put in their place.

It's all up to Mac so we'll see what he says, at least 4 have shown interest so far anyway.

I don't think managers should be *shacked*.
    But they should definitely consider dropping to a lower division with another team.

You have to remember the only reason certain people have these big teams is because they were first on the thread...

There are people that obviously aren't cut out for the top divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Exactly what I suggested on the last page.

It can't be just sprung on managers at this point in the season because that would just be unfair.

I definitely think it should be considered for next season though, it'll weed out the managers who aren't suited for the elite clubs.

I don't know why people are getting out the "worry about your own team" nonsense. I've nothing to gain from this, I'm ranked 44th and I'd like to see out what I've started at PSV.

And I don't know why people are coming out with the sack underperforming managers nonsense.

If sackings were turned on, it looks as though only the managers finishing bottom will get sacked anyways. Other than that I don't think anyone has a right to call the shots on how people should be performing.

I mean do you also want to sack managers who don't get promoted with the elite clubs of their division?

And if it is simple to get back up when an elite club drop down, without doing much and breezing through the division, well then there really is nothing much to the game then anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

And I don't know why people are coming out with the sack underperforming managers nonsense.

If sackings were turned on, it looks as though only the managers finishing bottom will get sacked anyways. Other than that I don't think anyone has a right to call the shots on how people should be performing.

I mean do you also want to sack managers who don't get promoted with the elite clubs of their division?

And if it is simple to get back up when an elite club drop down, without doing much and breezing through the division, well then there really is nothing much to the game then anyways.

you've had your coffee this morning:D

all-the-things-meme-generator-sack-all-the-managers-288ab3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dan Reidy was unable to prevent a Fenerbahçe SK defeat to FC Twente.
    Fenerbahçe SK slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to FC Twente in their Division 2 fixture.

Fenerbache fall back into the bottom three :(

Big game coming up Thursday vs Anzhi

ba3e4d5097daa685ca8a30b8cdb1904b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I don't think managers should be *shacked*.
    But they should definitely consider dropping to a lower division with another team.

You have to remember the only reason certain people have these big teams is because they were first on the thread...

There are people that obviously aren't cut out for the top divisions.

Totally agree with this... I get the idea of sacking and what is trying to be achieved by it, but in fairness (as Bayern has already said) relegaton for the top top teams - the manager should consider his/her own position off their own back.

Somebody mentioned turning sacking on earlier! I think thats a fabulous idea! With a fully packed gsmeworld you need as many wildcard options such as this to keep it fresh! Id say it was essential to turn this on in order to maintain interest, and just think of the fun we can have with the sacked managers! (Watch ill be the first to get the boot!!!!!!!!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Totally agree with this... I get the idea of sacking and what is trying to be achieved by it, but in fairness (as Bayern has already said) relegaton for the top top teams - the manager should consider his/her own position off their own back.

Somebody mentioned turning sacking on earlier! I think thats a fabulous idea! With a fully packed gsmeworld you need as many wildcard options such as this to keep it fresh! Id say it was essential to turn this on in order to maintain interest, and just think of the fun we can have with the sacked managers! (Watch ill be the first to get the boot!!!!!!!!)

who decides if you get sacked?? can mac even sack a manager?

or would you have to give up the club yourself?

the chairman wont sack you unless you dont log in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone for a friendly wednesday?

TBH I'd punch a Baby just to get the Bayern job... Just sayin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

who decides if you get sacked?? can mac even sack a manager?

or would you have to give up the club yourself?

the chairman wont sack you unless you dont log in.

Somebody mentioned something about turning on chairman sacking managers, im guessing this would be different to the 30 day rule.....

Somebody mentioned something about turning on chairman sacking managers, im guessing this would be different to the 30 day rule.....

i have been known to be wrong but when i searched it,soccermangers website came up explaining that the chairman wont sack you. its says that he will only assist you...lol all my chairman does is get in my way by stopping deals or loan the useless ****. :D

i would like to see playoffs for abandoned teams.

the SMFA have just blocked another one of my deals!!! :mad:

because i bought a juve player and sold juve a player..i cant do the deal,thats a joke!!!

its completely innocent i would understand if it was 4 or 5 players but one each!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

because i bought a juve player and sold juve a player..i cant do the deal,thats a joke!!!

its completely innocent i would understand if it was 4 or 5 players but one each!!!
    I FÚCKING HATE THE SMFA.....BUNCH OF PRICKS! :mad:

15m and sessegnon rated 89,for any 90+ defender or midfielder.

or 15m and fletcher rated 88 for any 90+ striker.

swoody wrote: »
    I FÚCKING HATE THE SMFA.....BUNCH OF PRICKS! :mad:

It hurts lads, I understand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

they must be monitoring the chat and pm on SM for deals and then blocking them.

Wánkers!

• Advertisement

But was the deal even illegal? This happens a lot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement