Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

hes right and what happens in a couple of season when 4 or 5 clubs own all the developed hot prospects?? people will simply stop playing.

we need a cap on squad sizes.

Whatever about a squad size cap, which I reckon would be next to impossible to enforce, I reckon any sense of achievement in winning something with a squad of over 100 players may be diluted a little.

(Not having a dig, each to their own and all that, and who know's what would happen at AZ if a lad had a bank balance)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Whatever about a squad size cap, which I reckon would be next to impossible to enforce, I reckon any sense of achievement in winning something with a squad of over 100 players may be diluted a little.

(Not having a dig, each to their own and all that, and who know's what would happen at AZ if a lad had a bank balance)

i think a cap should be imposed with big clubs buying over 100 players its destroying it for smaller clubs who now cant even buy a medium rated youth player let alone a star player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think it would be impossible really, say the cap was 40 players which is realistic, then you can't have over 40 players. If you have 40 players you can't buy any more, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well i have a squad of 77 with Genoa in Division 4,

30 in my first team, 5 of which are on loan from when i took over.

I have 47 in my youth team.

Since day one i have been selling off and trading my older players and getting in youth. It is just the way I want to do things.

I didn't have a big budget, £12million when i started, and so I have also been signing players solely with the hope that they will rise in value and i might have a decent budget at some stage in the future.

Each to their own, I see no problem with squad sizes. It isn't breaking any rules and it would be impossible to enforce a rule upon it in the gameworld.

The biggest squad i have seen is 160. So i am still small time in this operation!

I don't think it would be impossible really, say the cap was 40 players which is realistic, then you can't have over 40 players. If you have 40 players you can't buy any more, simple as.

when you think about it,its critical for the longevity of the league.

the socccermanager chair man system should all ready have rules for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

JamboMac wrote: »
    Less competitive as keeping other quality players from the rest of the competitors like man city buying the league.

Of course if it was all realistic these guys would have gone bankrupt in the first couple of weeks

Of course its less realistic, and believe it or not your nealy there!!! You need to forget all about the football aspect and look at his purely as an online game.....

We all get the concept of 'risers' which is all well and good, but imo there is a bit more to it than that. I have my long term idea set and fingers crossed it will work!

If im honest I think both Dortmund and Juve are at the same thing. Id be shocked if it were anything different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Is it possible to put something like this into play - that the system won't let you buy a 41st? Or would it have to be done on the goodwill of the players?

Of course its less realistic, and believe it or not your nealy there!!! You need to forget all about the football aspect and look at his purely as an online game.....

We all get the concept of 'risers' which is all well and good, but imo there is a bit more to it than that. I have my long term idea set and fingers crossed it will work!

If im honest I think both Dortmund and Juve are at the same thing. Id be shocked if it were anything different

its not a secret your playing the lotto,but some of us dont have the funds to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

i think a cap should be imposed with big clubs buying over 100 players its destroying it for smaller clubs who now cant even buy a medium rated youth player let alone a star player.

Have to say i agree with a cap, an i say that as someone who has bought a load of youth players.

That said the lads who are buying all the players are well within the rules to do so, it is up to everyone else to put the effort into scouting.

Is it possible to put something like this into play - that the system won't let you buy a 41st? Or would it have to be done on the goodwill of the players?

No it can't be put in, it will have to be goodwill of the players. As anything else on here we've to weigh up the pros and cons.

I'd like to hear what Mac has to say on the subject anyway.

• Advertisement

its not a secret your playing the lotto,but some of us dont have the funds to do this.

Its not really about funds either....

Lads just reading the last few posts about caps and winning things etc.... I was with ye before on this, until I thought about it and now I have my own idea, id say im right to say the lads are at the same thing... just guessing....

Im not going to give my resoning behind it but I will be constantly adding to my youth reserve team with 2 goals in mind.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Have to say i agree with a cap, an i say that as someone who has bought a load of youth players.

That said the lads who are buying all the players are well within the rules to do so, it is up to everyone else to put the effort into scouting.

Wasting your time asking for a cap to be honest lads, there is a poll on this on the SM forum and last I checked a lot want it and SM are still not implementing it so id say its a waste of time evwn talking about it, unless as stated a gentlemans agreement is reached

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads,

go to the player database, there is a fisht of new players added to the DB regularly and start signing em, thats what the rest (of us) are doing

hope those in the know don't hold it against me, but if people want to 'blow' their money ... leave em at it

The thought process behind it it obvious, young players are being bought, a young player 16-20 can in theory only go up in rating. They won't put a player in rated 85, they'll put him in low at maybe 70 and increase on that as they see fit. With a rating increase comes a value increase, so to put it simply if you buy 100 youth players you're almost guaranteed to double your money. It's all profit. Being patient is the key as it could take years before you see your investment grow.

That and buying more youth will increase the chance of finding a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Wasting your time asking for a cap to be honest lads, there is a poll on this on the SM forum and last I checked a lot want it and SM are still not implementing it so id say its a waste of time evwn talking about it, unless as stated a gentlemans agreement is reached

Oh yeah, it would have to be a gentleman's agreement. I'm not to bothered either way but i can see why lads would prefer a cap.

The thought process behind it it obvious, young players are being bought, a young player 16-20 can in theory only go up in rating. They won't put a player in rated 85, they'll put him in low at maybe 70 and increase on that as they see fit. With a rating increase comes a value increase, so to put it simply if you buy 100 youth players you're almost guaranteed to double your money. It's all profit. Being patient is the key as it could take years before you see your investment grow.

Thats the obvious part!!! But I had a think about it and there is just a small bit more to it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

try bidding for the young talent instead of moaning that xyz has a massive squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Crying about the lads with big clubs getting sacked if they are relegated last week,

Crying about squad sizes and how it is unfair and it should be capped this week,

What is it going to be next week?

There are about 56,000 players in the database at the moment. If you are happy with a squad size of 40 keep it that way.

I am not going to force anyone to buy players, and by the same sentiment i won't be listening to anyone telling me I have reached a point where i can't buy anymore. If it becomes an official soccermanager rule so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dan Reidy steered Fenerbahçe SK to victory against Genoa CFC.
    Fenerbahçe SK beat Genoa CFC 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Bellamy scored the winner for Fenerbahçe SK and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really dont see the problems with it either.

Lower teams won't and can't compete, but that's "realistic"; they aren't competing with older players or established players either. While higher teams are after high-risers, lower teams will also have to seek out youth players who aren't as "desirable".

Big teams, especially given the fact it's harder to buy big players, are going to want to use their big budgets in some way, and if they/we want to spend time scouting players, then that's their/our perogative. If it works, so be it, if it doesn't, then so be it too. Meanwhile, as with other transfer dealings, lower teams will need to seek our bargains. That is just part of the game.

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    try bidding for the young talent instead of moaning that xyz has a massive squad.

I don't really care about the sizes, but surely you get more money than the lads who are bringing this up? And they can't bid for the young players then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I really dont see the problems with it either.

Lower teams won't and can't compete, but that's "realistic"; they aren't competing with older players or established players either. While higher teams are after high-risers, lower teams will also have to seek out youth players who aren't as "desirable".
    Good point although one thing I will add for lower teams in real life since they can't compete with bigger teams they do rely on their youth systems to bring through players.People managing teams here from Brazil,Argentina,Belgium etc won't see the benefit of that.
    They'll just be added in as free agents I think

I don't really care about the sizes, but surely you get more money than the lads who are bringing this up? And they can't bid for the young players then
    i've received 82.8M so far through transfers, thats how i've managed to buy ;)

and on that note....

anyone wanna buy melo? will reduce it to 12M for now since i'm online if your looking to have him for tomorrows match.

i need funds to buy more 10k - 200k players :pac:

i've received 82.8M so far through transfers, thats how i've managed to buy ;)

and on that note....

anyone wanna buy melo? will reduce it to 12M for now since i'm online if your looking to have him for tomorrows match.

i need funds to buy more 10k - 200k players :pac:

How much do you get every week excluding transfers? Just out of curiosity

how can you ''big clubs'' sleep at night.

Trafficking-2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOktW72yz7bSEqo30Sxr1vhJtpWt7nLLt-bI0X-qtEafqFIv4wmw

come on boys,lets shame them in to it. lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR43YqvhvHHBhMZU4cDsrjACOG12z4Ey2xQCorpHG4DEyCY-rJA4A

barcelona vs sunderland.

tomorrow 8pm...yup im confident. :rolleyes:

How much do you get every week excluding transfers? Just out of curiosity
    last week i got

1.3M from the gate
    1.7M from tv
    400k sponsorship
    137k on merchandise

so a little over 3.5M

but had to give

2.6M on wages
    600K on grounds maintenance

so a weekly balance of:

300k :cool:

last week i got

1.3M from the gate
    1.7M from tv
    400k sponsorship
    137k on merchandise

so a little over 3.5M

but had to give

2.6M on wages
    600K on grounds maintenance

so a weekly balance of:

300k :cool:

Hold on......

There is TV money??? Never spotted that!!!

Hold on......

There is TV money??? Never spotted that!!!

nobody watches Lazio :P

• Advertisement

last week i got

1.3M from the gate
    1.7M from tv
    400k sponsorship
    137k on merchandise

so a little over 3.5M

but had to give

2.6M on wages