Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Afaik, thats the first time you've rejected a bid from me. Twice I made bids but retracted them myself when I saw other players. So that's the first time you told me to bugger off. But don't worry; with that counter offer, I doubt I'll be back for anyone any time soon ;)

Shall keep it in mind ;) Always open to proper negotiations. Though 30m for an 8.8m, 89 rated player might be a bit much...

I think we both know what the future holds in store for hin ratings wise!!! Especially if he does move to England as touted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The thing is, when looking for players under the transfer list, when I see 9 players out of ten marked as unavailable, it puts a big target on player 10 who I can bid on.

I get why people don't want to mark a player as unavailable or whatever, but it puts the target on the player and I won't apologise for bidding on that player until I'm told to bugger off. That said, how you tell me to bugger off will also determine how I bid on players in the future AND how I deal with people bidding on my players too.

I think we both know what the future holds in store for hin ratings wise!!! Especially if he does move to England as touted

Yeah, and that's why I'd pay double and up to triple his value. But potential also has potential to not be realised so I'm not paying 30m for an 8.8m valued player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yeah, and that's why I'd pay double and up to triple his value. But potential also has potential to not be realised so I'm not paying 30m for an 8.8m valued player.
    Why would people expect such a exaggerated inflation if the player not getting played should get half of his value.

I get there a couple of kids who'd bring the football to play with and when they wouldn't be allowed score they'd spit dummy and go home. The league won't last long if it continues in this vain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Guys,

What happens if there is a player you want that isn't in the database? Can you suggest them to the SM mods? Maybe get first dibs on signing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Guys,

What happens if there is a player you want that isn't in the database? Can you suggest them to the SM mods? Maybe get first dibs on signing?

Send a ticket too SM and they create him

As for the cap on players it would be very tough too uphold..if SM themselfs impose it tho that will be different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

deleted. i thought it was completed.

Too late, I saw it

Dont worry though, I dont rate your opinion so I will be going ahead with the transfer:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

JamboMac wrote: »
    Why would people expect such a exaggerated inflation if the player not getting played should get half of his value.

I get there a couple of kids who'd bring the football to play with and when they wouldn't be allowed score they'd spit dummy and go home. The league won't last long if it continues in this vain

The prices some managers are asking for players in this league is mad. Any player i have sold has been put on the market for what they are worth, i have no interest in conning another manager.

For example i bid 1.7 million on a player yesterday(the max i could offer), he is worth 300 thousand. The manager counter offered asking for 30 million...I ask wtf is the point in that?? I accept a manager can value a player as he sees fit but 30 million? Would a simple not for sale not suffice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Too late, I saw it

Dont worry though, I dont rate your opinion so I will be going ahead with the transfer:p

saw what? im sure i have no idea what your talking about. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Guys,

he needs to make a first team appearance, then he'll be added

send in the ticket when he does and he'll be added, though they'll probably do it anyway as they'll be loads of guys knowing about/waiting for players to make an appearance to send the ticket

you won't get him first unless you get to him first after he's added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The way it could be capped would be the wages being capped down to the attendances as how would somebody pay the wages of over 100 hundred players that's just insane.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    The prices some managers are asking for players in this league is mad.

Meh, it's up to each manager to decide how they value a player, and it's up to each buyer to determine if it matches their valuation. If two teams make an agreement, grand. I know I paid over the odds for Hernandez and Navas, but I had the cash and felt they improved my team drastically. You say you won't screw someone but does that mean you'll take 45m right now for Hamsik or Cavani, given it's double their value? Or are those players worth more than that? 50m? 100m? Priceless?

I mean, as far as me and Tupac talking here, I can fully understand why he's asking for the huge mark up. The player in question does have quite a bit of potential based on what some sites are reporting. Which is why, as I said, I'd be willing to talk about a drastically higher price than his ingame value. That's negotiations. I make an offer. The other manager counter-offers. We offer and counter until we're both happy, having agreed a value on potential and ability. And realistically, Tupac has the power in that if he waits, the potential might come to fruition and he can get more. If I want to buy that out, then so be it.

Its when people get snarky and start counter offering 150m, Bale and Vertongen for an 8m player that I start posting rolly-eyed smilies :P If you don't want to sell a player, mark them unavailable. If you're after an offer you can't refuse, then enter negotiations and say what that offer might be.

EDIT: I'll also point out that, and this is negotiations 101, if I make an offer for a player, I tend to do a lower bid to start off with. I'm always willing to up that offer. I'm never going to start off with the ridiculous bid. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Its when people get snarky and start counter offering 150m, Bale and Vertongen for an 8m player that I start posting rolly-eyed smilies :P If you don't want to sell a player, mark them unavailable. If you're after an offer you can't refuse, then enter negotiations and say what that offer might be.

EDIT: I'll also point out that, and this is negotiations 101, if I make an offer for a player, I tend to do a lower bid to start off with. I'm always willing to up that offer. I'm never going to start off with the ridiculous bid. :P

The offer i couldn't refuse was 150mil + bale + vertongen, but you didn't negotiate, did you?
    I probably could've been swindled down to 149 or even 148.5 and the two players :pac:
    I told you before the only reason i done that was i thought you bid a few times recently, huddlestone was involved one time, so i thought it was you - i don't know if you still have him

would you not be better making a decent offer with your opening bid to make people at least interested, instead of offering a low bid, which makes you seem a bit like a chancer?

look at the prices people are paying for players, it's a bit mad because of the type of the GW.
    I think the really money on players is those not quite the highest rated but just below, because it's too difficult to replace the high rated ones, so people are less willing to accept bids

Ok.... how much for Dembele.....

See where this is going?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'll also point out that, and this is negotiations 101, if I make an offer for a player, I tend to do a lower bid to start off with. I'm always willing to up that offer. I'm never going to start off with the ridiculous bid. :P

And yet if someone else comes in with a lower bid for one of your transfer listed players you just reject it instead of counter-offering.

Not getting snarky or anything, I'm just saying that it works both ways. :D:)

JamboMac wrote: »

Eh maybe because I know for a fact that this player WILL go to 90 and probably stay there for at least 4-5 season.

Thar coupled with his age and the recent talk of a move to the top teams in England MORE than justifies his price tag. Not that it is his price, I said double your offer and we can talk!!!!!!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    And yet if someone else comes in with a lower bid for one of your transfer listed players you just reject it instead of counter-offering.

Not getting snarky or anything, I'm just saying that it works both ways. :D:)

Oh for DAMN sure it works both ways, dont get bent out of shape lads when asked for inflated prices when ye are doing the EXACT same yourselves, its fine to do it imo but dont come on her complaining about it

Meh, it's up to each manager to decide how they value a player, and it's up to each buyer to determine if it matches their valuation. If two teams make an agreement, grand. I know I paid over the odds for Hernandez and Navas, but I had the cash and felt they improved my team drastically. You say you won't screw someone but does that mean you'll take 45m right now for Hamsik or Cavani, given it's double their value? Or are those players worth more than that? 50m? 100m? Priceless?

I mean, as far as me and Tupac talking here, I can fully understand why he's asking for the huge mark up. The player in question does have quite a bit of potential based on what some sites are reporting. Which is why, as I said, I'd be willing to talk about a drastically higher price than his ingame value. That's negotiations. I make an offer. The other manager counter-offers. We offer and counter until we're both happy, having agreed a value on potential and ability. And realistically, Tupac has the power in that if he waits, the potential might come to fruition and he can get more. If I want to buy that out, then so be it.

Totally with you on the 150mil and 2 best players counter offer though, it was funny at the start but a simple no will do now really!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

An i paid over the odds for Lucas, i don't mind doing it for the right player and i have no bother with managers asking big money for top players who are in demand but some lads here have completely unrealistic views of their players worth. Asking serious money for players who are on the way down doesn't make sense to me.

May i point out the same manager who wanted 30 million for the 300 grand player offered me 7 mill for Zouma. It seems some people want it both ways.

Again, i accept a player is worth what a manager will pay for him and almost everyone is upping the price but i just think it is against the spirit of the game...Just my opinion.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    An i paid over the odds for Lucas, i don't mind doing it for the right player and i have no bother with managers asking big money for top players who are in demand but some lads here have completely unrealistic views of their players worth. Asking serious money for players who are on the way down doesn't make sense to me.

May i point out the same manager who wanted 30 million for the 300 grand player offered me 7 mill for Zouma. It seems some people want it both ways.

Again, i accept a player is worth what a manager will pay for him and almost everyone is upping the price but i just think it is against the spirit of the game...Just my opinion.

Yeah its just the way of the world lad! Just hwve to put up with it I suppose!!!

I hope both managers dont mind me posting this but I was interested to get thoughts of the toulalan swap for Kebab + cash....

Interesting deal but I dunno who ho the better of it? For me I think Cabaye is a fantastic player, so I'd just about lean towards Malaga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

seems a good time for fry to get involved!

shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Drew with LA Galaxy. Out of the play off places. :(:(

Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Valencia.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Valencia in their Division 2 fixture.
    Michu was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Aston Villa.

FC Porto beat Aston Villa 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Džeko scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

N\'koulou and Jovetić were also amongst the goalscorers.

And record attendance to boot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Valencia.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Valencia in their Division 2 fixture.
    Michu was on the scoresheet for his side.

Wouldnt mind a few more of those from top6 teams in D2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Barcelona 0-0 Sunderland.

tactical masterclass by the sunderland manager.

barcelona GK victor valdes was awarded man of the match!!!

......enough said. :cool:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind a few more of those from top6 teams in D2

Looks like you are top now anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes against Grêmio.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Estudiantes and Grêmio in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux scored the only goal for Estudiantes and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got the draw meaning I'm still on top :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Aston Villa.

FC Porto beat Aston Villa 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Džeko scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

N\'koulou and Jovetić were also amongst the goalscorers.

And record attendance to boot!!!

Ouch :mad: season now over...may play the kids

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement