Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Pedro for 65m??????????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Eh Kiev....

You dont read my comments on this much do ya!!!!!!

No joke, double your offer and it still would not get tou to the negotiation table!!!!!

Hernanes recently improved in terms of positiins he can cover and I rejected a hell of a lot more thsn that when he was just an AMC!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

20 apps, 2 goals 6 assist.

65 million??

Not to mention Neymar is probably going to replace him in real life in the Barca team as he plays that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Eh Kiev....

You dont read my comments on this much do ya!!!!!!

No joke, double your offer and it still would not get tou to the negotiation table!!!!!

Hernanes recently improved in terms of positiins he can cover and I rejected a hell of a lot more thsn that when he was just an AMC!!!!!

Lol, yours was just one of my many quick fire offers. There is always someone that bites. I just keep trying until I find that someone.

It would only get reversed anyway if I doubled my offer :P

tonic wine wrote: »
    Lol, yours was just one of my many quick fire offers. There is always someone that bites. I just keep trying until I find that someone.

It would only get reversed anyway if I doubled my offer :P

Fair point!!!!!!!

Nah man, it would take a gold mine to take him out of my team

• Advertisement

Pedro for 65m??????????:eek:

A lot of money....... considering money aint worth much!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

HOLY **** !!!

65M !!!! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    HOLY **** !!!

65M !!!! :eek:

sure teamshadows spurs turned down 80m for bale. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

sure teamshadows spurs turned down 80m for bale. :eek:

Id rather get Bale for 80 rather than Pedro for 65m

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shield Final Result

spurs 2 - 1 Juventus

Yeay!!!

• Advertisement

Id rather get Bale for 80 rather than Pedro for 65m

id rather get bale for 40m :D but he turned me down. :pac:

Shield Final Result

spurs 2 - 1 Juventus

Yeay!!!

how much???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Prize Money: 1.75m
    Overall, made 4m for winning the match.

As for Pedro....if City want him and obviously has the cash, and Barca don't need him, may as well take it.

I know I'm looking for a striker for next season right now. Those I want are either not interested in selling or will demand far, far more than my chairman will allow. But if I found a good one, I'd easily drop 50m on him...

I'll also say...I've got 25m and/or Assou-Ekotto and I'm looking for a new LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Shield Final Result

spurs 2 - 1 Juventus

Yeay!!!

Yeayyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭batistuta9

It has to be, when you look at how many transfers we've had in the GW, 2324 and then you have to think about all of the other GWs with a lot more transfers than ours. They haven't got the man power to look at every individual transfer.

The only transfers they look at are the reported ones. The bad thing is that I don't think there's any repercussions for reporting a transfer that there's nothing wrong with.
    MrMac84 wrote: »

Nope they have an algarythem (sp) for transfers it was on the forum before.

I "think" im in favour of letting it on and can't see my self changing my mind. If deal's are 100% legit then the SMFA wont reverse them. All these first refusal type deals get messy. Ive played worlds where it was turned off and it's rife with cheating! The ban on lads doing transfers with each other isnt permenent and besides even if we turn SMFA monitoring off all that happen's is the chairman becomes an even bigger pain. Every week lads are looking for way's too improve the game i'd suggest posting in the Soccermanager.com forum these suggestion's.

I looked it up there and MrMac84 you appear right, they have this thing called the Automated Transfer Monitoring System, it's mentioned here http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?pname=smfa under transfers

but i'm not sure how it works exactly, it says it 'learns over time about managers and how fairly they are playing the game'

In this GW Kompany was sold for 50mil about 2.5 times his value, someone mentioned selling Ozil for 80mil probaly 2/3 times his value, i've sold a player for 30mil more than his worth in another GW again 2/3 times his value and these all go through? then lichtstiner gets stopped
    It'd want to be a very sophisticated algorithm to know to allow the above, judging on the players involved & not for others

I still think that people reporting it has something to do with them being reversed in some cases or else the ATMS is a bit fúcked which if you look at the threads on SM forums about it seems likely too

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I looked it up there and MrMac84 you appear right, they have this thing called the Automated Transfer Monitoring System, it's mentioned here http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?pname=smfa under transfers

but i'm not sure how it works exactly, it says it 'learns over time about managers and how fairly they are playing the game'

In this GW Kompany was sold for 50mil about 2.5 times his value, someone mentioned selling Ozil for 80mil probaly 2/3 times his value, i've sold a player for 30mil more than his worth in another GW again 2/3 times his value and these all go through? then lichtstiner gets stopped
    It'd want to be a very sophisticated algorithm to know to allow the above, judging on the players involved & not for others

I still think that people reporting it has something to do with them being reversed in some cases or else the ATMS is a bit fúcked which if you look at the threads on SM forums about it seems likely too

Ok so having an algorithm that negates the maximum transfer bid is just utterly stupid.......

Just for THAT ALONE we should ditch the monitoring. Reason im pushing this is I intend to make a big offer at sometime in the future and all the work im putting in to build funds for this offer, if its shot down over a SM contradiction then ill be furious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It says ultimately the SMFA make the transfer block decisions, those decisions are aided by the Automated Transfer Monitoring System.

If I take a guess, I'd say the algorithm is designed to pick up 2 or more abnormalities in a transfer. A combination of overvalue, undervalue, whether it was reported or not, and whether one team benefits vastly more than the other in the deal or one team is losing out. Previous deals between the managers are also factored in I'd say. If the system finds a combination of these then the transfer is forwarded to the SMFA to decide whether to block it or not.

I can see, in theory, what they're trying to do, but the algorithm seems too bare boned, and doesn't take in other circumstances.

Some transfers I've seen and said wtf, but then the manager explains why and you can see there's nothing wrong with it.

Mac should probably send a PM on SM to everyone, because some of the lads don't check this thread and may be reporting away without seeing the reasoning behind the transfers.

batistuta9 wrote: »

I think when it gets reported an automated system using code decides if the transfer gets reversed or not. The transfer for Lichtsteiner was reported. The automated system looked at it and reversed it, probably because of the transfer fee being 3x his value.

I'd say the transfers for kompany and ozil didn't get reported and went through without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Regarding the Pedro deal, having offered much more for many players of interest and having every deal fall through I'm just glad to be adding a 93 rated player to my team, admittedly he wouldn't have been my first choice but I'm tired of having loads of cash and nobody to buy.

Does anyone know how much money we get at the end of the season?

Depends on your position on the table.

It's only a few million though.

Regarding the Pedro deal, having offered much more for many players of interest and having every deal fall through I'm just glad to be adding a 93 rated player to my team, admittedly he wouldn't have been my first choice but I'm tired of having loads of cash and nobody to buy.

you are likely to get 5 or 7m no more.

• Advertisement

Eh, wouldnt count eggs yet!!!! As we have seen, transfers are subject to monitoring so might not be out of the woods yet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I think they look into accounts more than transfers like are the I.p. addresses the same and are 2 accounts colluding together I don't think the ATMs need to be reported which is something I can't even find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

tonic wine wrote: »
    I think when it gets reported an automated system using code decides if the transfer gets reversed or not. The transfer for Lichtsteiner was reported. The automated system looked at it and reversed it, probably because of the transfer fee being 3x his value.

I'd say the transfers for kompany and ozil didn't get reported and went through without issues.

I have a team in another gameworld where cash is even more worthless than it is in this one and players nearly always go for amounts very close to the chairmans max if they are sold for cash. There is rarely any problem with transfers being reversed in it

I don't think a transfer can be reversed without it being reported first, the automated system stops you from accepting offers in the first place I think

JamboMac wrote: »
    I think they look into accounts more than transfers like are the I.p. addresses the same and are 2 accounts colluding together I don't think the ATMs need to be reported which is something I can't even find.

really you think that?? so me and juve are one in the same??not mention kyiv,real and malaga?

you concluded all this because you cant find the report button. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

When I short list a player does everybody else get a message that I did this as a player I found had nobody interested in him and then juve just bid can't really buy potential stars with no money if all large clubs get told as soon as I short list somebody, the bottom of 4th division forever at this rate.
    Total BS

I've been bidding for two players for the last few days. All was grand till someone reported my transfer with Sunderland, my accepted bods fell through, then I did a deal with kyiv and someone else (can't spell it as I'm on the mobile) bids where accepted so I bedded again for the players but then someone reports my deal with kyiv and once and I'm back to square one.

Now I see that rangers have bid for one of them and your on here complaining about something that never happened. If memory serves me right you where the one who started this 'we should have a squad cap crap'. If your bitter that I've a big squad and are blocking any big money transfers, then I feel sorry for you.

I haven't read any post, but I saw this and was less then impressed.

Well done to holby, bale and vertongan for beating my kids in the shield

My battery is about to die so....... Laters!

really you think that?? so me and juve are one in the same??not mention kyiv,real and malaga?

you concluded all this because you cant find the report button. :eek:

No I didn't conclude this because there is no report button, I'm just saying I don't believe these deals have to be reported to be questioned by there smfa. The algorithm would look for multiple transfers between 2 clubs, I just wrote out what they said on there site but if you want to be paranoid that everybody is trying to get your transfers blocked then go ahead. Like I wish everything was fair but that is not the case in this game world

No I didn't conclude this because there is no report button, I'm just saying I don't believe these deals have to be reported to be questioned by there smfa. The algorithm would look for multiple transfers between 2 clubs, I just wrote out what they said on there site but if you want to be paranoid that everybody is trying to get your transfers blocked then go ahead. Like I wish everything was fair but that is not the case in this game world

.......you can check if your transfer was reported!! :pac:

swoody wrote: »
    Total BS

I've been bidding for two players for the last few days. All was grand till someone reported my transfer with Sunderland, my accepted bods fell through, then I did a deal with kyiv and someone else (can't spell it as I'm on the mobile) bids where accepted so I bedded again for the players but then someone reports my deal with kyiv and once and I'm back to square one.

Now I see that rangers have bid for one of them and your on here complaining about something that never happened. If memory serves me right you where the one who started this 'we should have a squad cap crap'. If your bitter that I've a big squad and are blocking any big money transfers, then I feel sorry for you.

I haven't read any post, but I saw this and was less then impressed.

Well done to holby, bale and vertongan for beating my kids in the shield

My battery is about to die so....... Laters!

Actually that debate was started a couple of days which I agree and yes I did bring it up again today

You can only have 3 transfers in the same season with any 1 club.
    This was my first transaction with Juventus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maybe Juve should attempt to get a reason from SMFA(not sure if this can be done) on why these deals are falling through before we accuse the league of containing a mole ...I know they wont tell you if or who reported the deal but they might give different reason for reversing the deals

In general we have a good bunch here but in the last few days things have gotten a little strained ... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement