Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Just applied for the sporting braga job, big task ahead!

mosquito.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

:(

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Everton.

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Everton in their Friendly fixture.

Giggs scored the only goal for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Was going to rest Giggsy and all but he's been eyeing up my missus lately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The match ended 2 - 2 between SS Lazio and Dynamo Kyiv in their Friendly fixture.
    Hernanes scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    González was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Useful exercise as I wanted to try something, worked but other areas suffered, few tweaks for tomorrow night and ill be good..... Fingers crossed!!

Buy the way, I should have won it WELL!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

lost 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

lost 2-0.

:pac: i thought you were going to win 4-0? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Vélez Sársfield.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Vélez Sársfield in their Friendly fixture

Only 2 wins from my last 10, I really need to turn this around starting tomorrow night or else I can kiss goodbye to promotion

Matt Pepper steered Real Madrid to victory against Bremen.
    Real Madrid beat Bremen 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.

Love beating the older brother!

Damien O Grady was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Vélez Sársfield.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Vélez Sársfield in their Friendly fixture

Only 2 wins from my last 10, I really need to turn this around starting tomorrow night or else I can kiss goodbye to promotion

Man it's Neymar, he is the main problem, you should sell him........ To me......... For free!!!!!!! :D

Man it's Neymar, he is the main problem, you should sell him........ To me......... For free!!!!!!! :D

He has been fairly poor, only 3 goals and 3 assists in 23 games, nowhere near good enough

have to say I was/am expecting alot more from him and now is the time for him to deliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

He has been fairly poor, only 3 goals and 3 assists in 23 games, nowhere near good enough

have to say I was/am expecting alot more from him and now is the time for him to deliver

Have you moved him about? I had Ganso at AMC and he wasn't doing great, moved him out wide and put Jadson AMC and both are doing alot better now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does anybody else when searching through players get a "you may need to load a data pack" ?

Has happened a few times to me, i press load data pack anyways and it does its thing.

Did you try moving him about? I popped El Shaawary up,front and he improved no end!!!!

He should be doing more than that for sure........

Have you moved him about? I had Ganso at AMC and he wasn't doing great, moved him out wide and put Jadson AMC and both are doing alot better now

I have tried him up front, out wide and behind the striker. Nothing seems to be working and it is risky to be trying new things at this stage of the season

I have tried him up front, out wide and behind the striker. Nothing seems to be working and it is risky to be trying new things at this stage of the season

Hmm... Your right he should be doing better, might be worth having a look on the SM forums to see how other managers are getting the most out of him. Those stats are poor for a player of such quality so there must be something in it.....

El Shaarawy
    Season Club Comp App GS Ass MoM AvP YC RC
    1 SS Lazio Division 3 16 (1) 6 7 4 7.34 4 0

Neymar
    1 Newcastle United Division 2 21 (2) 3 3 0 6.83 1 0

Interesting, considering Neymar is rated higher (higher division I know) but even his average performance is under 7, it should be higher than that really....

Hmm... Your right he should be doing better, might be worth having a look on the SM forums to see how other managers are getting the most out of him. Those stats are poor for a player of such quality so there must be something in it.....

Ya, its not just him though, I have the best defence in the division but I also have the lowest amount of goals in the top 8, only 48 goals in 31 games which isnt enough when I have so many attacking players

Ben Arfa, Neymar, Yarmolenko, Thiago, Willian, Michu, Cisse and Matri

Surely there should be more goals flowing:(

El Shaarawy
    1 SS Lazio Division 3 16 (1) 6 7 4 7.34 4 0

Neymar
    1 Newcastle United Division 2 21 (2) 3 3 0 6.83 1 0

Interesting, considering Neymar is rated higher (higher division I know) but even his average performance is under 7, it should be higher than that really....

Neymar obviously isn't suited to the position or formation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You shouldn't judge a player on his Goals & Assists.

Instead look at the AvP ( Average Performance ) Its the best way to judge a player.

Isco only has a few goals and Assists but his AvP his pretty decent.
    Actually though... Neymars is pretty low.

Neymar is Only a 6.83.. Isco is 7.21

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Instead look at the AvP ( Average Performance ) Its the best way to judge a player.

Ya, he should be averaging over 7 at least imo

Do any of ye change your tactics for an upcoming game based on the oppositions results against certain formations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Getting psyched up for my game tomorrow, going to drop the suit into the dry cleaners later. The first game of my run in of death, a chance to win 7 consecutive league games.

7th place Fiorentina come to the Philips Stadion to play 13th place PSV. 11 points separate the sides with 7 games to go. There's a difference of 0.18 between both starting 11's rating, in favour of Fiorentina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Do any of ye change your tactics for an upcoming game based on the oppositions results against certain formations?

Probably giving stuff away but sure fúck it. I found what I think is a winning formation and haven't changed it in about 20 games. Obviously sometimes I'll lose but for the most part I do pretty good. The way I see it is, I'm top of Div 3 so no point changing anything

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Yeah that's why I posted that, I look at the avg. performance first and foremost and Neymars is rightly down, so was El Shawaary when I had him on the wing but he drastically improved up front. I agree with Pepper, he is a player you need to build the entire team around, if he is not performing you need to look at the entire setup IMO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I am the same as PPPP. Been playing a 4231 since I took over and it's doing me very well.

Might try with two strikers next season, as it's been doing well in friendlys. But in the league, this close to end, I am playing safe...

Probably giving stuff away but sure fúck it. I found what I think is a winning formation and haven't changed it in about 20 games. Obviously sometimes I'll lose but for the most part I do pretty good. The way I see it is, I'm top of Div 3 so no point changing anything

That's not giving away too much, giving away too much would be saying there is a very I depth thread discussing formations/counter formations on the SM forum.....

Oops ;)

Going to take a risk so for tomorrow night, if it works my promotion chances will hopefully be back on track, if not.................

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fiorentina 7th (H)
    Roma 6th (A)
    Fenerbache 15th (H)
    Porto 1st (A)
    Leverkusen 5th (H)
    Newcastle 3rd (A)
    Zenit 8th (H)

All bolded teams are in the top 8, I've to play 1st, 3rd, and 5th in the league. I'll be saying a few prayers to the footballing gods.

BTW tupac, I'm not ignoring your deal, just thinking about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

mosquito.jpg

Just got in with sporting braga, you boys left me with a tough ask, 7 games to go and 9 points off safety :pac:

Houdini time

• Advertisement

Dortmund 2nd
    Everton 10th
    Portsmouth 20th
    Barcelona 3rd
    West Brom 7th
    PSG 5th
    Spurs 4th

My list of games coming up.. They aren't easy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement