Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Damiao, 24, face value 8.6 million, counter offer 40 million.

It's ridiculous either way.

Maybe their ridiculous transfer policy is the reason Bayern are 5 points from relegation.

everyone else charges ridiculous amounts so i'm going to as well and they can counter again

how about i charge what i want for transfers and you do the same, if your not busy off reporting people

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

ding ding and we're off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

batistuta9 wrote: »
    everyone else charges ridiculous amounts so i'm going to as well and they can counter again

Don't paint everyone with the same Brush.. While I do agree this GW is overpriced.

I think your exaggerating with your valuation for Leandro.

Heck Ozil went for 50M..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You're wrong tbh and the highest value transfers list shows that. Other than Pedro, who the City manager was happy to pay that for, every other transfer is spot on the money. Not ridiculous whatsoever.

PEDRO Manchester City 65.0M

KOMPANY Manchester City 50.0M

ÖZIL. Manchester United 50.0M

NAVAS. Tottenham Hotspur 38.0M

LUCAS Paris Saint-G 34.0M

HERNÁNDEZ Tottenham Hotspur 32.0M

EL SHAARAWY SS Lazio 30.9M

VAN DER VAART Arsenal 27.0M

SANDRO PSV 26.0M

THIAGO Newcastle United 25.0M

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

popcorn anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

tbf 65M for Pedro..... :confused:

f7021f2adc4783198a8660af48ed00fc.png

i'll be asking 95M for Llorente when he's back in my squad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

3onyef.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

pepper180 wrote: »
    3onyef.jpg

for once. :rolleyes:

for once. :rolleyes:

Classic... Knew you'd have to give your input once again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

You're wrong tbh and the highest value transfers list shows that. Other than Pedro, who the City manager was happy to pay that for, every other transfer is spot on the money. Not ridiculous whatsoever.

PEDRO Manchester City 65.0M

KOMPANY Manchester City 50.0M

ÖZIL. Manchester United 50.0M

NAVAS. Tottenham Hotspur 38.0M

LUCAS Paris Saint-G 34.0M

HERNÁNDEZ Tottenham Hotspur 32.0M

EL SHAARAWY SS Lazio 30.9M

VAN DER VAART Arsenal 27.0M

SANDRO PSV 26.0M

THIAGO Newcastle United 25.0M

WOOOO HOOOO!!!

Made the top 10 :D

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    tbf 65M for Pedro..... :confused:

f7021f2adc4783198a8660af48ed00fc.png

The City manager explained it though, he's tied second highest ranking AMF under 25 in the game. Rated 93, nearly all the other AMs with the same rating or over are "unavailable to transfer".

Barcelona have shown upmost faith in him and he's meant to be at that club well into the future in real life so his rating is safe. And the City manager said he was happy to pay it because he got a top class player and was searching for ages and no one would sell.

Michael ESSIEN has been re-called by Chelsea from Real Madrid

Cheers Chelsea... Don't use him anyway! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Sorry Panathinaikos - missed that one! :)

The crux of all this is that..

Luiz Gustavo and Leandro Damiao combined face value = 16.4 million

But you can have them for a very special Bayern Munich offer offffffff... 80 million.

What a great deal.... for 2 90 rated players who hardly even play for their clubs in real life.

I'm sure these aren't the only cases, I'm sure he's been doing it all season "chancing his arm" as he puts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Barcelona have shown upmost faith, I'm him, and he's meant to be at that club well into the future in real life so his rating is safe.

Your Pedro :eek:
    :D

top 10 list

you think Pedro is the only one there that isn't 'spot on the money'?

couldn't agree, but thats the way things are in the GW & if their happy to pay, like you say, why not charge the most you can

i gave the reasons i was looking for around 40 (fee + compensation(hard to get a replacement) + future potential) then you want to be making something on sales as well

it was never 40 or nothing, anyone could've counter bid again if they wanted

tonic wine wrote: »
    Your Pedro :eek:
    :D

Damn my cover is blown

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you think Pedro is the only one there that isn't 'spot on the money'?

couldn't agree, but thats the way things are in the GW & if their happy to pay, like you say, why not charge the most you can

i gave the reasons i was looking for around 40 (fee + compensation(hard to get a replacement) + future potential) then you want to be making something on sales as well

it was never 40 or nothing, anyone could've counter bid again if they wanted

Fair enough if that's what you want to do.

I can't see many people wanting to do business if you keep up the ridiculous valuations though, it works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Am I expecting too much too see the huge amounts dropping as the game progresses?

The crux of all this is that..

Luiz Gustavo and Leandro Damiao combined face value = 16.4 million

But you can have them for a very special Bayern Munich offer offffffff... 80 million.

What a great deal.... for 2 90 rated players who hardly even play for their clubs in real life.

I'm sure these aren't the only cases, I'm sure he's been doing it all season "chancing his arm" as he puts it.

Gustavo had 36 appearances for Bayern last year, 20 starts

& Damaio 43 appearances, he starts practically all the time ffs

I don't want to sell Gustavo, but if you want to do an offer i wouldn't turn down then i'll take it - that's what happened with you

& who doesn't look for more in deals???

• Advertisement

The City manager explained it though, he's tied second highest ranking AMF under 25 in the game. Rated 93, nearly all the other AMs with the same rating or over are "unavailable to transfer".

Barcelona have shown upmost faith in him and he's meant to be at that club well into the future in real life so his rating is safe. And the City manager said he was happy to pay it because he got a top class player and was searching for ages and no one would sell.

Important word there is 'meant' would not be the first time a new manager took an instant disliking to a player.....

Just for instance, apparantly Mourinho wants to sell Mata.... madness & I don't believe it but there are a lot of stories reporting the same.....

I would not say any player is safe at their club when a new manager walks in.... he may not be his type of player

I can't see many people wanting to do business if you keep up the ridiculous valuations though, it works both ways.

Not me, I'd have paid the 40 million for Damiao in a heartbeat if a. I had it and b. the chairman would let me....

For a Brazilian internation striker only 24 years of age with his best years ahead of him and an pending move to a top european club down the line it was a no brainer for me.

Again, I would have paid the 40, no problem whatsoever

maybe, maybe not.

I don't want to sell most the squad, though i don't make them unavailable as if someone wants to offer or accept when i counter, something i wouldn't turn down, whats wrong with that?

also it's easier to click reject than reply to the PM's you'd be getting about deals

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Am I expecting too much too see the huge amounts dropping as the game progresses?

i don't think they'll drop from whats the top 10 listed now

the only way i could see them dropping is if the level of managers in the GW dropped

they might even go up as they'll be more cash built up by people and it being of little use

Al Capwned wrote: »

Not for a very long time IMO, we have to loose managers first.... as long as every club in the gameworld is managed and lets face it the external well is dry at this stage, I expect these inflated prices to last longer than the god damn recession ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On a related note, I didn't get the chance to thank the Valencia manager publicly over the Mathieu transfer.

He was valued at 7.9m and was rated 90. Really expected to be forking out round 30m for a 90 rated RB. So when I saw my offer of 19m was accepted, I was thrilled. No hassle, no fuss, no ridiculous counter-offers. Tbh, I would have given more and thought I low-balled my opening offer (despite it being 250% in game value), but got an acceptance.

Thanks Valencia. Pleasure doing business with you :)
    swoody wrote: »

Ah balls, I'll knock him off my shortlist now then :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Not for a very long time IMO, we have to loose managers first.... as long as every club in the gameworld is managed and lets face it the external well is dry at this stage, I expect these inflated prices to last longer than the god damn recession ;)

the external clubs have been raped. we are a dying breed living off the apple tree that is soccermanager, and you know what,that apple tree is dying, we are starting to starve. all i have been left with is pips from the data base,but none the less i have planted those pips hoping that one day in the future one will grow,and then maybe one day i shall possess the shiniest apple of of the bunch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Michael ESSIEN has been re-called by Chelsea from Real Madrid

Cheers Chelsea... Don't use him anyway! :rolleyes:

You done the same too me with Sahin!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You done the same too me with Sahin!

Yeah.. Difference is I don't you Essien, You used Sahin.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yeah.. Difference is I don't you Essien, You used Sahin.. :pac:

And you got worried cuz im right up your ass in the table even tho when you took over Kyrogen had a nice lead at the top and since youve been in charge Madrid have dropped 15 points?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement