Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Not me, I'd have paid the 40 million for Damiao in a heartbeat if a. I had it and b. the chairman would let me....

For a Brazilian internation striker only 24 years of age with his best years ahead of him and an pending move to a top european club down the line it was a no brainer for me.

Again, I would have paid the 40, no problem whatsoever

The argument was though that the manager in question countered me an offer of 40m when I could only bid 27.I asked him to look at the perimeters of the transfer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

The argument was though that the manager in question countered me an offer of 40m when I could only bid 27.I asked him to look at the perimeters of the transfer!!!

can you not just accept that you cant afford him and move on or just sell players to fund it, if you really want him....?

i'm sure the 40M is just a marker, if you offered 30M - 35M you might find a middle ground

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Not me, I'd have paid the 40 million for Damiao in a heartbeat if a. I had it and b. the chairman would let me....

For a Brazilian internation striker only 24 years of age with his best years ahead of him and an pending move to a top european club down the line it was a no brainer for me.

Again, I would have paid the 40, no problem whatsoever

That's wrong really, he has a woeful record in the Brazilian league for a player who's "going to a top European club" and any top Brazilian striker.

I watch the Brazilian league for the flair players only, it is a pi*s poor league compared to the top European ones. If he can't do it in the Brazilian league he'll never be able to do it in a top league. His record for Brazil national team is even worse for his age. Not a hope of him getting in the Brazil team until Fred retires or has a huge dip in form, but that looks unlikely cause the man is an instinctive goal scorer.

He's worth 25m for his 90 rating, can't see that lasting for long though. If he's worth 40m then I don't know what Oscar should be worth tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

swoody wrote: »
    can you not just accept that you cant afford him and move on or just sell players to fund it, if you really want him....?

i'm sure the 40M is just a marker, if you offered 30M - 35M you might find a middle ground

You misunderstood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

he could afford him the max offer for the player allowed by the smfa is 25m.

but your right they should just forget about it.

• Advertisement

sunderland vs spurs.

i predict a sunderland 1-0 win.

1562657_w2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

i'll be asking 95M for Llorente when he's back in my squad ;)

Just like to thank you for not recalling him all season and letting him have his moment in the sun.

Although having watched him in training I don't think he's worth 95m :p

Just like to thank you for not recalling him all season and letting him have his moment in the sun.

Although having watched him in training I don't think he's worth 95m :p
    he popped in for a chat the other day......

think i'll keep him now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

But this IS the point! Why should he consider the paramaters of the transfer when he is worth 40mil in his (and mine) eyes??

It makes no sense, Damiao would have been in the Brazil squad (lucky break for Jo and me :D ) except he is injured. Teams all over europe are showing an interest in him and he is still young...

Break it down, 24 years of age, at least another 10 years in the game (if not more) so thats under 4mil per year.....

IMO that is value, considering he would be a starter in most teams and lets face it strikers are the ones what win games and bag points!!!!!

The valuation is not over the top IMO, if people think he is over-priced ye SERIOUSLY do not want to know what I value El Shaawary at :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

He is over valued like bale and many other players in this game and I'd say its midfield that win games, but if people want to pay the price of a stadium for a player that might just flop go ahead

That's wrong really, he has a woeful record in the Brazilian league for a player who's "going to a top European club" and any top Brazilian striker.

I watch the Brazilian league for the flair players only, it is a pi*s poor league compared to the top European ones. If he can't do it in the Brazilian league he'll never be able to do it in a top league. His record for Brazil national team is even worse for his age. Not a hope of him getting in the Brazil team until Fred retires or has a huge dip in form, but that looks unlikely cause the man is an instinctive goal scorer.

He's worth 25m for his 90 rating, can't see that lasting for long though. If he's worth 40m then I don't know what Oscar should be worth tbh.

His record:

2010 - present (Internacional) 72 appearances, 28 goals.....

Thats a goal every 2.5 games.... Consider he is not in the prime of his career yet, and that he IS a Brazilian international (with Brazil hosting the WC next year) and top european clubs sniffing around & currently a 90 rated player...... not bad at all if you consider the competitive game world...

Anyhow, all of this arguing is irrelivant because his price/value will differ from manager to manager, I rate him very very highly and would gladly pay 40mil for him, others would not pay 10.......

Its all about opinions at the end of the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭icarus86

[QUOTE

not good news for A.madrid. falcao has possibly lied about his age if so he will decrease in value and be yanked up to 29 years old.[/QUOTE]

He is doing a grand job for me, can't see this really changing much in how he performs in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I rate him very very highly and would gladly pay 40mil for him

If your willing to pay 40M for him.. Then 80M for Isco is about right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And you got worried cuz im right up your ass in the table even tho when you took over Kyrogen had a nice lead at the top and since youve been in charge Madrid have dropped 15 points?

Nope, I didn't get worried at all, I need Sahin. I never loaned him to you. If I had a choice from the start I would have kept Sahin and not loaned him to a rival club so count your luck that you even had him for so long.

Correction, Kyrogen didn't have a 'nice lead at the top'. yes, He did do well with 42points in 22games..

BUT he won 6 points in 24 until I took over. (1.91points average game). In between that he also lost to Genoa in the cup 4-2 on Penos in the 3rd round of the cup. He was also 3rd or 4th in the league.

Don't see how that is having a 'nice lead at the top'? but what ever. Don't be hating Mr.Mac.. its ok, you'll probably win the league anyway! Hopefully you continue to do well :)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If your willing to pay 40M for him.. Then 80M for Isco is about right :D

Nope... wrong.....

Undervalued!!!!

His record:

2010 - present (Internacional) 72 appearances, 28 goals.....

Thats a goal every 2.5 games.... Consider he is not in the prime of his career yet, and that he IS a Brazilian international (with Brazil hosting the WC next year) and top european clubs sniffing around & currently a 90 rated player...... not bad at all if you consider the competitive game world...

Anyhow, all of this arguing is irrelivant because his price/value will differ from manager to manager, I rate him very very highly and would gladly pay 40mil for him, others would not pay 10.......

Its all about opinions at the end of the day ;)

Do you, like me, regularly watch the Brazilian league? People can't pass judgement on a player unless they watch that player on a regular basis.

A goal every 2.5 games is shocking for any forward in the Brazilain league, the Brazilian league itself is of terrible standard, if your main forward is only scoring a goal every 2.5 games you're in trouble. That stat is skewed because a lot of his goals are scored in the "Brazilian FA cup" which is against teams in lower divisions. Which makes him even worse.

There isn't a hope he'll play at the World Cup other than insignificant games, Fred is the main striker.

This isn't about opinion, this is me saying what I've seen from watching a lot of the matches this guy plays in. People who formulate an opinion by looking at the stats centre on Sky sports have a wrong opinion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its weird.

On the one hand, people talk about how high the prices are in the GW and how they wish it would calm down.

On the other, we're having others argue a player rated 8.8m should go for 40m, nearly 5 times his value :confused: Don't get me wrong, I get why some people value him at that, and I won't comment when I have Bale sitting there and I refuse to discuss a transfer for him.

But 5 times any players value is crazy :confused: Especially for a player who has hardly played for the team he is at and has been shilled round to teams before, thus showing he's not vital to the team.

i can see how the Bayern/Benfica saga plays out.

"fúcker just keeps countering with 40M when i said i can only pay 27M. i'll show him and wipe that smug look off his face"

tumblr_moncvpioPm1s14nvmo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Its weird.

On the one hand, people talk about how high the prices are in the GW and how they wish it would calm down.

On the other, we're having others argue a player rated 8.8m should go for 40m, nearly 5 times his value :confused: Don't get me wrong, I get why some people value him at that, and I won't comment when I have Bale sitting there and I refuse to discuss a transfer for him.

But 5 times any players value is crazy :confused: Especially for a player who has hardly played for the team he is at and has been shilled round to teams before, thus showing he's not vital to the team.

Not the first time i've notice how logically you are on this thread but you my friend are probably the most intelligent and rational person here.

I tip my hat to you sure.

Do you, like me, regularly watch the Brazilian league? People can't pass judgement on a player unless they watch that player on a regular basis.

A goal every 2.5 games is shocking for any forward in the Brazilain league, the Brazilian league itself is of terrible standard, if your main forward is only scoring a goal every 2.5 games you're in trouble. That stat is skewed because a lot of his goals are scored in the "Brazilian FA cup" which is against teams in lower divisions. Which makes him even worse.

There isn't a hope he'll play at the World Cup other than insignificant games, Fred is the main striker.

This isn't about opinion, this is me saying what I've seen from watching a lot of the matches this guy plays in. People who formulate an opinion by looking at the stats centre on Sky sports have a wrong opinion.

Sorry man, but again this is an subjective matter. It totally depends on how I rate the player, I dont watch the Brazialian league but I know the player I know what type of player he is, that alone says a lot.....

I don't formulate opinions on stats on sky sports or youtube videos or any other. Like ive said before, this is a game and people are forgetting to play it AS a game!!!! This is not essentially a real team that will take to the pitch every wwek in real life, you need to take your opinions and qpply them within the game parameters..... this seems to be lost on a lot of people!!!! Its important to remember!

Sorry man, but again this is an subjective matter. It totally depends on how I rate the player, I dont watch the Brazialian league but I know the player I know what type of player he is, that alone says a lot.....

I don't formulate opinions on stats on sky sports or youtube videos or any other. Like ive said before, this is a game and people are forgetting to play it AS a game!!!! This is not essentially a real team that will take to the pitch every wwek in real life, you need to take your opinions and qpply them within the game parameters..... this seems to be lost on a lot of people!!!! Its important to remember!

now's your chance.

643fbcb8e3ad83edd6d2fd18e9fa6ac4.png

Its weird.

Ah hold on!!!

You and I are doing the exact same with risers!!!!! They will never play for our clubs and we will sell for a profit!

The only difference here is scale, thats it!!!!!!!

But you were the one who brought up real life, saying he'll soon be on his way to a top European club and in the Brazil team.

I'm telling you that is not true, his team came 10th in the Brazilian league last season and he didn't even make it into the top 15 goalscorers of the season. He won't get into the Brazil team.

Now we look at the game, yes he's rated 90, that is the only thing he has going for him. That 90 rating makes him worth 25 million. I don't know where this "he has potential so I want 40 million" came from. He has no potential, only his rating at the moment.

The last update was 2012, he'll go down in the next rating change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

You're wrong tbh and the highest value transfers list shows that. Other than Pedro, who the City manager was happy to pay that for, every other transfer is spot on the money. Not ridiculous whatsoever.

PEDRO Manchester City 65.0M

KOMPANY Manchester City 50.0M

ÖZIL. Manchester United 50.0M

NAVAS. Tottenham Hotspur 38.0M

LUCAS Paris Saint-G 34.0M

HERNÁNDEZ Tottenham Hotspur 32.0M

EL SHAARAWY SS Lazio 30.9M

VAN DER VAART Arsenal 27.0M

SANDRO PSV 26.0M

THIAGO Newcastle United 25.0M
    HESKEY Real Madrid 4.4M

But you were the one who brought up real life, saying he'll soon be on his way to a top European club and in the Brazil team.

I'm telling you that is not true, his team came 10th in the Brazilian league last season and he didn't even make it into the top 15 goalscorers of the season. He won't get into the Brazil team.

Now we look at the game, yes he's rated 90, that is the only thing he has going for him. That 90 rating makes him worth 25 million. I don't know where this "he has potential so I want 40 million" came from. He has no potential, only his rating at the moment.

The last update was 2012, he'll go down in the next rating change.

Ok, again subjective!!!!

I disagree with you that he will infact move, his rating will not go down in the review and he will be in the Brazil squad for next year...

Thats my perspective on it, yours differs....

Id say best just leave it at that, we could argue all night but the result wont change, easy 40mil player in my eyes, not even close in yours!!!

Job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

mackeire wrote: »
    HESKEY Real Madrid 4.4M

YES, thats what I'm talking about!

i can see how the Bayern/Benfica saga plays out.

"fúcker just keeps countering with 40M when i said i can only pay 27M. i'll show him and wipe that smug look off his face"

tumblr_moncvpioPm1s14nvmo1_500.gif

I'm such a child!!!! Burstin my ass laughing at that!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i made the counter offer before i knew what your max bid was

we went through that earlier...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement