Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I'm such a child!!!! Burstin my ass laughing at that!!!!!!!!

here's another.

18abcbd318d4923126944d3331f11a72.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he could afford him the max offer for the player allowed by the smfa is 25m.

but your right they should just forget about it.

how do you know what the max offer allowed is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

swoody wrote: »
    here's another.

18abcbd318d4923126944d3331f11a72.png

How DARE THEY drop his rating!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah hold on!!!

You and I are doing the exact same with risers!!!!! They will never play for our clubs and we will sell for a profit!

The only difference here is scale, thats it!!!!!!!

I don't agree its the same at all.

Personally, I think there's a difference between a riser valued being bought for 1 or 2 million with potential to rise, and trying to justify an 8.8m valued player who isn't being played should go for 40m. There's also no way I'd spend 5 times a players value on someone; with the youngsters, I tend to limit it to twice their value, and even then, I have to be convinced he's worth it. Even then, it would be cause a bidding war is started.

Yeah, I bought a handful of low rated guys in hopes they'd rise. I spend 1-2m in hopes I make 4-5 back. But I don't invest in 90 rated players in hopes they rise, and if I do, I wouldn't be investing 40m in him. If I spend 40m on a player, it's cause I want him to come in and improve my team. There are far better options who have potential to rise (players rated 88-89) and who wouldn't go for 40m. If we're talking investments here, there's far better ways to spend 40m.

Damino was offered to 11 teams a few weeks back, at 40m. All turned it down, including myself. I'd probably consider him for 30m, maybe, but even then, that's a crazy mark up. And I'd say that mark up is because I'm in the top bracket of the top league, and obviously have money. Again, considering he's not being played at Munich AND the fact the manager has been trying actively to offload him, to me, that lowers his value. When I want rid of a player, I'm not trying to mark his price up 500%...In fact, when I tried to shop players round at 250% a few weeks back, and even made it clear it was a starting price, I was criticised. Now we're talking about a 500% mark up!

So tl;dr...
    We're talking about a player who is not essential to the team he is at and has been actively shopped round. In game world or in real world, that should lower his potential value, not solidify it at 500%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

You're wrong tbh and the highest value transfers list shows that. Other than Pedro, who the City manager was happy to pay that for, every other transfer is spot on the money. Not ridiculous whatsoever.

PEDRO Manchester City 65.0M

KOMPANY Manchester City 50.0M

ÖZIL. Manchester United 50.0M

NAVAS. Tottenham Hotspur 38.0M

LUCAS Paris Saint-G 34.0M

HERNÁNDEZ Tottenham Hotspur 32.0M

EL SHAARAWY SS Lazio 30.9M

VAN DER VAART Arsenal 27.0M

SANDRO PSV 26.0M

THIAGO Newcastle United 25.0M

He signed for Napoli...NAPOLI!!!...God damn it, it's the only table i am near the top!! At least let me have that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

pepper180 wrote: »
    Michael ESSIEN has been re-called by Chelsea from Real Madrid

Cheers Chelsea... Don't use him anyway! :rolleyes:

I did see that you don't use him .. hence he has been recalled. I'm trying not to get relegated not a feeder team for you. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ok, again subjective!!!!

I disagree with you that he will infact move, his rating will not go down in the review and he will be in the Brazil squad for next year...

Thats my perspective on it, yours differs....

Id say best just leave it at that, we could argue all night but the result wont change, easy 40mil player in my eyes, not even close in yours!!!

Job done!

Saying that after saying you don't watch the Brazilian league just makes your opinion invalid man.

I'm leaving it at that, but I'd urge you to consider what I've said about formulating opinions of players, you need to watch them extensively before you can have an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

The offer for Vasilis TOROSIDIS of AS Roma from Bremen has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Thank you Roma manager - whoever you are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I did see that you don't use him .. hence he has been recalled. I'm trying not to get relegated not a feeder team for you. Cheers.

Not to worry pal, Best of luck in staying up :)

Do you, like me, regularly watch the Brazilian league? People can't pass judgement on a player unless they watch that player on a regular basis.

A goal every 2.5 games is shocking for any forward in the Brazilain league, the Brazilian league itself is of terrible standard, if your main forward is only scoring a goal every 2.5 games you're in trouble. That stat is skewed because a lot of his goals are scored in the "Brazilian FA cup" which is against teams in lower divisions. Which makes him even worse.

the stat isn't skewed by the brazil FA cup, he's only made 1 appearance in it, overall his & neymar and probably everybody elses stats are skewed by the state championships

this is his full totals record:

28 in 72 is his Brasileirão record

40 in 52 - Campeonato Gaucho

0 in 1 Copa do Brasil

11 in 19 - Copa Libertadores

3 in 2 copa Sudamericana, including recopa

0 in 1 club world cup

82 in 147

full breakdown, apps per year, etc.
    vp9ptv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

You're wrong tbh and the highest value transfers list shows that. Other than Pedro, who the City manager was happy to pay that for, every other transfer is spot on the money. Not ridiculous whatsoever.

PEDRO Manchester City 65.0M

KOMPANY Manchester City 50.0M

ÖZIL. Manchester United 50.0M

NAVAS. Tottenham Hotspur 38.0M

LUCAS Paris Saint-G 34.0M

HERNÁNDEZ Tottenham Hotspur 32.0M

EL SHAARAWY SS Lazio 30.9M

VAN DER VAART Arsenal 27.0M

SANDRO PSV 26.0M

THIAGO Newcastle United 25.0M
    WOOOO HOOOO!!!

Made the top 10 :D

Me too, me too:D

Its weird.

On the one hand, people talk about how high the prices are in the GW and how they wish it would calm down.

On the other, we're having others argue a player rated 8.8m should go for 40m, nearly 5 times his value :confused: Don't get me wrong, I get why some people value him at that, and I won't comment when I have Bale sitting there and I refuse to discuss a transfer for him.

But 5 times any players value is crazy :confused: Especially for a player who has hardly played for the team he is at and has been shilled round to teams before, thus showing he's not vital to the team.

if you're not going to comment, don't comment :pac:

Me too, me too:D

great deal on Thiago, he should be the one worth 65M and Perdo should be the 25M imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »
    great deal on Thiago, he should be the one worth 65M and Perdo should be the 25M imo

Wouldn't sell him for it:P

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the stat isn't skewed by the brazil FA cup, he's only made 1 appearance in it, overall his & neymar and probably everybody elses stats are skewed by the state championships

this is his full totals record:

28 in 72 is his Brasileirão record

40 in 52 - Campeonato Gaucho

0 in 1 Copa do Brasil

11 in 19 - Copa Libertadores

3 in 2 copa Sudamericana, including recopa

0 in 1 club world cup

82 in 147

full breakdown, apps per year, etc.
    vp9ptv.jpg

Goals per game.

Brasileirão - 0.38

Campeonato Gaucho - 0.77

Copa do Brasil - 0

Copa Libertadores - 0.58

Copa Sudamericana - 1.5

Club world cup - 0

Overall - 0.55

He's a mid table Brazilian league player. Nothing more nothing less. 25m is is value, 40 is taking the pi*s.

I don't agree its the same at all.

Personally, I think there's a difference between a riser valued being bought for 1 or 2 million with potential to rise, and trying to justify an 8.8m valued player who isn't being played should go for 40m. There's also no way I'd spend 5 times a players value on someone; with the youngsters, I tend to limit it to twice their value, and even then, I have to be convinced he's worth it. Even then, it would be cause a bidding war is started.

Yeah, I bought a handful of low rated guys in hopes they'd rise. I spend 1-2m in hopes I make 4-5 back. But I don't invest in 90 rated players in hopes they rise, and if I do, I wouldn't be investing 40m in him. If I spend 40m on a player, it's cause I want him to come in and improve my team. There are far better options who have potential to rise (players rated 88-89) and who wouldn't go for 40m. If we're talking investments here, there's far better ways to spend 40m.

Damino was offered to 11 teams a few weeks back, at 40m. All turned it down, including myself. I'd probably consider him for 30m, maybe, but even then, that's a crazy mark up. And I'd say that mark up is because I'm in the top bracket of the top league, and obviously have money. Again, considering he's not being played at Munich AND the fact the manager has been trying actively to offload him, to me, that lowers his value. When I want rid of a player, I'm not trying to mark his price up 500%...In fact, when I tried to shop players round at 250% a few weeks back, and even made it clear it was a starting price, I was criticised. Now we're talking about a 500% mark up!

So tl;dr...
    We're talking about a player who is not essential to the team he is at and has been actively shopped round. In game world or in real world, that should lower his potential value, not solidify it at 500%.

Ah, I can in this case PROVE that your wrong! Look at the part in bold... you wouldn't and I would, simple case of buy cheap and sell high, the concept of a riser is NO different....

What you and I are doing with 10-20 (maybe more) young risers Bayern are doing with 1 player, whatever way you look at it, it is exactly the same thing....

Buy a player cheap, play him or not..... sell him on for a profit....

The very basic ecomomics of a riser in this game, there is no disputing that. The very FACT that I am stating publically that I would very very happily pay 40 for him proves right buyer, right time and his player estimation is NOT off, how can it be if he has a buyer?

Another example, Pedro, I would not pay anywhere even close to the valuation he went for, again all these player transfers are subjective and it is totally pointless arguing otherwise.....

I've overpaid for players you probably wouldn't touch and you bought 1 or 2 that I would not have gone for, not saying either of us is right or wrong but in the case of Bayern on this transfer, how can he be overpricing when I WOULD BUY HIM FOR THE ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: He was offered to me too, if I had the cash and the chairman OK'd it, I would have paid it and would have been very very very happy to have him as my staring striker

So tl;dr...

he's played 19 games ffs

29 of your 49 haven't played in the league, won't be essential to the team for years, if ever some of them, will you be looking for as much as possible if/when selling them or will you put your money where your mouth is and sell them at face value?

and what happened to you not commenting on it

i'm not racist but...

Saying that after saying you don't watch the Brazilian league just makes your opinion invalid man.

I'm leaving it at that, but I'd urge you to consider what I've said about formulating opinions of players, you need to watch them extensively before you can have an opinion.

No....

My knowledge that he WAS in the squad for the Confederations cup before an injury and the impending move to europe is more than enough to base my assumption on...... ;)

Anyhow, the WC is only next summer so we will see then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Is this a stock exchange game I'm confused

Goals per game.

Brasileirão - 0.38

Campeonato Gaucho - 0.77

Copa do Brasil - 0

Copa Libertadores - 0.58

Copa Sudamericana - 1.5

Club world cup - 0

Overall - 0.55

He's a mid table Brazilian league player. Nothing more nothing less. 25m is is value, 40 is taking the pi*s.

Ehhhh......

Torres - Liverpool (NOT a top of the table team) transferred to Chelsea for how much?

Berbatov - Spurs (NOT a top of the table team) RECORD transfer for our team mate

Rooney - Everton (NOT a top of the table team) How much we pay for him again ;)

All this arguing over a valuation, yet I've said it on more than 1 occasion at this stage, Bayern CANNOT be wrong with his valuation when he has a very public buyer that would pay the fee in a heartbeat, some may not agree but that very very much IS the situation

• Advertisement

Goals per game.

Overall - 0.55

0.56 actually :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

^^joke in case you don't get it or go reporting me again

i was just giving you & everyone else the correct stats, since you were mixing then up

25 in your opinion whatever thats worth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

As they say in life, the value of anything is what another is willing to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So in the spirit of pricing players at insane prices but potential federico macheda for 90 million what a steal.

Think of the potential.

here's a vid of my Wonderkid Manuel Lanzini to break the tension.

hope River don't sell him to some team in Dubai just cause they're broke, he should push for a move to europe.....for my sake! :D

tonic wine wrote: »
    As they say in life, the value of anything is what another is willing to pay for it.

Exaclty what I was trying to say, but you put it perfectly man, nice ;)

batistuta9 wrote: »
    0.56 actually :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

^^joke in case you don't get it or go reporting me again

i was just giving you & everyone else the correct stats, since you were mixing then up

25 in your opinion whatever thats worth

Yes 25 in my opinion from extensive knowledge of the Brazilian league.

Maybe you should spend this time planning your relegation battle instead of arguing about your ridiculously overpriced players.

^joke in case you don't get it

Yes 25 in my opinion from extensive knowledge of the Brazilian league.

Maybe you should spend this time planning your relegation battle instead of arguing about your ridiculously overpriced players.

if you knew that much about the brasilian league you'd have know it's the state championships the really skew the stats not the copa brazil

maybe you made a mistake, maybe you're bullshíting about this knowledge
    who knows, who cares

maybe you should spend your time staying out of other peoples business - which you actually got into by mistake mixing up players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

tumblr_inline_mkqxwgXpw21qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

ngbbs4dcc40fb84816.jpg

• Advertisement

is 40M what you want or are you willing to negotiate to say 30?

Dunno why i'm trying to reason with you :rolleyes:

Benfica shouldnt of dragged this transfer on to boards. its not fair on Bayern and it's only made things worse for him to sell him now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement