Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You'll have a big say where the trophy goes so bud

3 wins should do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

nua domhan wrote: »
    After a 2-1 victory over Basel we're still in the hunt for automatic promotion or a playoff spot.

God it's tight!

TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!!!
    264223.png

Pfff, call THAT tight :rolleyes:

Check out D2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

2 wins and I feel I'm back in the hunt to win the league, couple of interesting games coming up but i like my chance, would be very disappointed if i don't at least get a play off spot now. Besiktas Divion 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Angelo OGBONNA has completed his move to Málaga CF from US Palermo for 9,700,000 plus Bernard MALANDA

Very happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Drew with club america 2-2
    Only had 46% possesion but managed 15 shots 12 on target and 1 corner
    They had 54% possesion and a meagre 6 shots 3 on target and 4 corners and both their goals were penalties ffs.
    If only I had one decent striker to finish my chances :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Drew with club america 2-2
    Only had 46% possesion but managed 15 shots 12 on target and 1 corner
    They had 54% possesion and a meagre 6 shots 3 on target and 4 corners and both their goals were penalties ffs.
    If only I had one decent striker to finish my chances :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i am now the 4th best manager in the game world. (soon to be 3rd)

tumblr_m7d74d2K5a1r8rtom.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gareth Bale rises to level 3 concern.

Seriously, **** this game. I really think that when a new manager comes in, there should be some way to reset the concern somewhat. This is ridiculous. I get its based on overall percentage of the season played, but he's played 95% of the games I've managed him....

Seriously, **** this game. I really think that when a new manager comes in, there should be some way to reset the concern somewhat. This is ridiculous. I get its based on overall percentage of the season played, but he's played 95% of the games I've managed him....

ea69c5ce28a8aa5da1ab0353d5a7e717.png

Llorente got a concern today as well, but he'll be back home in 2 weeks so all is good!

39b524268c7c968d6399573d2def0525.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Why? Going to loose him in real life too.... very intuitive game if you ask me!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    SO Sunderland...why pull out now ?

pull out?? if your the udinese manager it was because you sneakly got the last bid in before the bids were accepted. :mad:

MarkY91 wrote: »
    sunderland want 25m for johnson....LOL

yes for the millionth time.

swoody wrote: »
    Post about how it works

I'm not saying I don't understand how it works. I do.

More, my frustration is with the fact that I have played him for 95% of games and I'm getting messed round because someone took the club, benched him, and then disappeared off for a month. Hence why I wish when a new manager took over, that sort of "concern" figure was at least given a soft reset to give the new manager a chance to make amends.

massive 3 points for you last night .. I'm running out of games now at the bottom. 67% possession last night and could not get a winner. Looks like you are safe now.

Bayern v Milan next game ... must win for Chelsea .. massive games down the bottom

yeah im delighted,you can still catch AC its not likey you will catch me or utd now,if i was you id use very simple tactics from here on,you have the players to pull it off.

i wish you well i hope you stay up. i just hope you dont win all of your last games and i go on a losing streak. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

More, my frustration is with the fact that I have played him for 95% of games and I'm getting messed round because someone took the club, benched him, and then disappeared off for a month. Hence why I wish when a new manager took over, that sort of "concern" figure was at least given a soft reset to give the new manager a chance to make amends.
    This is one of the reasons I don't like player concerns either. One of my players developed a concern that he wasn't playing enough games. I played him in EVERY game since then, yet he recently rose to Level 2 in spite of this :rolleyes:

I understand how the percentage of games played is used, but given how they only develop concerns at certain points in a season, it's pretty fcuking stupid that I could play him for 0 or 10 games in a row during that period and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Urgh my chairman is extending contracts and giving wage increases to players...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just pay off his concern??

Just pay off his concern??

Tried but that doesn't seem to lower concerns about game time :(

Same argument could be made for club finances or players that are not match fit....

Nope for me you have got to manage the club in the state you got it.

Same argument could be made for club finances or players that are not match fit....

Nope for me you have got to manage the club in the state you got it.

Don't think it's the same.

If we're basing it on real life, when a new manager comes in, money doesn't grow on trees, and players can't get magically fit. But a new manager can tell a player they will get more game time, AND give it to them as well. I'm giving him game time, but the concern is getting worse not because of what I'm doing but because of the fact a manager decided he didn't want to play the game any more.

I'm all for managing the club in the state you got it, but I'm managing the problem and it's only getting worse regardless...

• Advertisement

i wouldn't worry to much. the seasons nearly over and when you play him 100% of the time baring injury next season all the concerns will be wiped.

it's happened to me with me in another game world where i took over a team full of unhappy players. i just rode out the season and played them since week 1 in the new one. 10 games in and all concerns where gone. bale might take the whole of next season for you but you'll get there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Was it chelsea who signed the south korean guy meant to signing for dortmund? cause dortmund are after saying that deal is off now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Was it chelsea who signed the south korean guy meant to signing for dortmund? cause dortmund are after saying that deal is off now

Yeah Chelsea won that one, not cheap either.

Don't think it's the same.

If we're basing it on real life, when a new manager comes in, money doesn't grow on trees, and players can't get magically fit. But a new manager can tell a player they will get more game time, AND give it to them as well. I'm giving him game time, but the concern is getting worse not because of what I'm doing but because of the fact a manager decided he didn't want to play the game any more.

I'm all for managing the club in the state you got it, but I'm managing the problem and it's only getting worse regardless...

Or clubs can be taken over with wealthy owners and flooded with cash, but that does not hwppen either in SM, to be fair man, you have one of the most sought after teams in the gameworld and the info regarding Bale was available before you took spurs on, would ve unfair on the rest of the teams IMO, lets say you quit spurs in the title hunt now and someone came in and suddenly Bale is all happy and raring to go for the last 6 games to win the league...

Hardly fair on the other managera going for the league is it?

I thought you could address all concerns??

Pompey have 29 million too spend lads!

Seán Ó Ceallaigh AKA Seaneh can have sporting!

Or clubs can be taken over with wealthy owners and flooded with cash, but that does not hwppen either in SM, to be fair man, you have one of the most sought after teams in the gameworld and the info regarding Bale was available before you took spurs on, would ve unfair on the rest of the teams IMO, lets say you quit spurs in the title hunt now and someone came in and suddenly Bale is all happy and raring to go for the last 6 games to win the league...

Hardly fair on the other managera going for the league is it?

Which is why, again, I argued for a soft reset, or at least some sort of "The concerns are being addressed" direction in the game.

Fair enough, I appreciate the concerns shouldn't compeltly disappear. But for them to keep rising after the new manager has come in and played the player for so many games is crazy.

Maybe have it that when at concern Level 1 and a new manager comes in, a rise to concern level 2 won't occur if the player has played a percentage of the games under the new manager. But since I took over, it's not that the concern has stayed the same; it's risen TWICE, despite playing 95% of my games.

I just find it absurd that he could have played the majority of my games as Spurs, and risen in concern about not playing not once, but twice. Imagine, for instance, if Nani starts playing regularly for United under Moyes (in real life) and after playing 18/20 games for Moyes, is still getting more and more concerned about not getting played? :confused: That would never happen. Under a new manager, or even after a long string of consecutive games, the concern should at least freeze or rise slower. But Bale seems to have a rocket up his ass right now that I cannot manager. Not that I won't manage or am managing badly, but simply that I cannot manage, no matter how hard I try. And that's not fair on the individual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

Pompey have 100 million too spend lads!

Conor Gannon 74 / 78 manager ranking!
    Seán Ó Ceallaigh 77 / 78

So Conor has first choice on Sporting!

I'd rather the Portsmouth job, being a fan in real life and all :D

I think the other guy wanted Sporting anyway?

Sorry lads..My bad only 29 million at Pompey.. Sorry again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just a thought - Is there any way to see the transfer budgets of available clubs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement