Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Matthew Scorr steered Málaga CF to victory against Newcastle United.
    Málaga CF beat Newcastle United 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Cabaye had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Costa was on the scoresheet for his side.

First win in 9 matches :eek:

At least I have a tactic that works.

Hopefully that will count as my loss and I will win tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Hey maybe I should give out here... El Shaarawy ye morons!!

Nevermind El Shaarawy...

What about Isco !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yet people complain about us not having enough money!

I've all the Lazio playera lookin down the bqck of the couch and everythin at this point!!!!

Nevermind El Shaarawy...

Ah go way he's already 90!!! Nah in fairness he needs to go to 91 at the very least, some strange ratings in this game (ahem mertasaker!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nevermind El Shaarawy...

The Real Madrid benchwarmer?? :D

I'd say you're praying Madrid don't get Bale because Isco is screwed if they do

• Advertisement

The Real Madrid benchwarmer?? :D

I'd say you're praying Madrid don't get Bale because Isco is screwed if they do

Being a Arsenal supporter it's not that simple :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sorry Kyiv, I forgot to change to my baby team :o

Being a Arsenal supporter it's not that simple :p

Wow! The anguish you must be going thru :eek: trying to balance real life club affection with best outcome on SM....

You have my sympathies mate :D

@ Sevilla.....

What do you make of Caulker signing for Cardiff!!!!!!! I would be pissed!!!!!! He was nailed on for a rise at spurs, STRANGE move in real life????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

@ Sevilla.....

What do you make of Caulker signing for Cardiff!!!!!!! I would be pissed!!!!!! He was nailed on for a rise at spurs, STRANGE move in real life????

As the Spurs manager, I have to admit I thought that I had made a mistake selling him and that he was a dead cert riser as well....

• Advertisement

It's not a bad thing IMO.

This way he gets game time while still playing in the Premier League.
    It could work out great for Sevilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Cardiff is about his standard.....he is never due a rise! (even if he stayed at spurs)

but

with game time in the prem he might get a +1 by next year "IF" they stay in the top flight (doubt it)

swoody wrote: »
    Cardiff is about his standard.....he is never due a rise! (even if he stayed at spurs)

but

with game time in the prem he might get a +1 by next year "IF" they stay in the top flight (doubt it)

Nice to see some optimism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Nice to see some optimism :D

ok, i think he's shít.......better? :rolleyes:

but

Oh my god NO!!!!

Caulker is (could have jeopardised is short term development with this idiotic move) one of the best young defenders in the league! He is very good at timing his challenges, something you just cant learn, and he was breaking into the first team, for me it was only a matter of time before he established a nailed down starting place at spurs and got a rise here....

I dont get the transfer at all unless he pushed for it? Its not like spurs need the 9mil..... what with 85 due in shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

but

Ok I don't know what this guy was on last night, hope you had a good one ;)

Not bothered really. I don't know if he'll get a rise this season but I have no doubt he'll get a bump up some time in the future. The guys got talent and I don't see why moving for a starting place in a prem team is a problem? Maybe he wants to show woy that he should be considered for england.

I doubt he'd have started all spurs games next season. They seem to be making a strong experienced first team ready to fight for the title. You have to remember that the lad is only 21.

Ok I don't know what this guy was on last night, hope you had a good one ;)

Not bothered really. I don't know if he'll get a rise this season but I have no doubt he'll get a bump up some time in the future. The guys got talent and I don't see why moving for a starting place in a prem team is a problem? Maybe he wants to show woy that he should be considered for england.

I doubt he'd have started all spurs games next season. They seem to be making a strong experienced first team ready to fight for the title. You have to remember that the lad is only 21.

That says it all really, to be that young and pushing for the first team at Spurs is no small achievement, still baffeled as to why he made the move (World cup maybe???) as he was surely on course for a regular spot at Spurs....

Anyhow I don't think his rating will drop on SM but if I had him I would be disappointed as I would have had him down for an 89/90 depending on how he did with Spurs next season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Carlo-Ancelotti-Real-Madrid.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm back :cool:

Season defining game tonight, away to Olympiacos.......

I think I can get enough from the remaining fixtures if I avoid defeat tonight to secure a playoff place!!!!!!

Plenty of nerves tonight I'd say!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh ****, just spotted Klose is coming home tonight.......... not good!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

FutureGuy wrote: »
    One week ban from forum for insulting the mod of the forum and ignoring the moderators decision. Do something like this again and I will ensure you do not post here ever again. Clear?

NOW I can finally post again and answer your 'Clear?' question. Since I was banned as soon as you posted that it was kind of confusing for me that you were asking a question when you posted it as I was banned and therefore couldn't answer which could come across as rather rude. But being the top class gentleman that I am, I remembered to go back and read the post and reply (Common courtesy and all that).

BUT to answer your question FutureGuy,

Clear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

That says it all really, to be that young and pushing for the first team at Spurs is no small achievement, still baffeled as to why he made the move (World cup maybe???) as he was surely on course for a regular spot at Spurs....

Anyhow I don't think his rating will drop on SM but if I had him I would be disappointed as I would have had him down for an 89/90 depending on how he did with Spurs next season ;)

He must have knew he wouldn't be a first team regular this season and I'm sure he has the world cup in mind when making the move. I don't really see this move hurting his progress as a footballer, surely it will help it if anything. He will most likely have ALOT of defending to do this season and that has to be good learning as a young CB. He could still get a rise to 88 during the season and I'd be happy with that.

He must have knew he wouldn't be a first team regular this season and I'm sure he has the world cup in mind when making the move. I don't really see this move hurting his progress as a footballer, surely it will help it if anything. He will most likely have ALOT of defending to do this season and that has to be good learning as a young CB. He could still get a rise to 88 during the season and I'd be happy with that.

See that could work against him too! If Cardiff are not as good in posession as Spurs are (clearly they are not, no offence!) then he will be called in to action a lot more than he would at Spurs, eventually he will get caught out, he is only human! Errors will occur, less chance of the weaknesses of his game being exploted at Spurs because they will have more posession in most games than their opposition in the EPL this season.

Not picking on Caulker here, take say Vidic and throw him into the Cardiff side and eventually he will be so overworked that the strain will take hold of him and his game will suffer

EDIT : Even better example, take Phil Jones at Blackburn, he was so overworked due to a piss-poor midfield that they got relegated yet its generally accepted that he will one day be good enough as a CB for Man Utd!!!!! A lot of how a CB is rated is due to the midfield in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Away to Malaga tonight in my quest for a playoff spot - Malaga have lost 4 in a row, and i hope to jaysus that run continues tonight.
    Had a little bit of a squad reshuffle, and hoping it can pay off.
    Average rating of 88, i really should be higher than I am if i'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going gung go 3-4-3 in a desperate attempt to win to have any chance of playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

oh f**k, oh f**k, oh f**k, oh f**k, oh f**k, oh f**k, oh f**k!!

Poo pants time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

f5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against FC Porto.
    Newcastle United beat FC Porto 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Matri had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Yarmolenko and Cissé were amongst the goalscorers

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PSV continue their unbeaten run with a 1-1 draw at home to the league leaders Leverkusen.

Got a point from the league leaders in the last game, got a point from the league leaders in this game and on Thursday I'm away to the now league leaders Newcastle :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Get ****ing in!!! 2-1 win, back to second!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Get ****ing in!!! 2-1 win, back to second!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement