Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

You should be allowed discuss all and any players anytime you want.

Nobody said it wasn't allowed? It just isn't very nice being on the receiving end of someone spoiling a bid or a player you've been watching for weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭batistuta9

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    If people bring the player up themselves(in what ever obscure manner) i agree with you , but dont think it is fair when you stumble across a player that one team has shortlisted and bid for to go announcing that deal to the world.

They could have been sitting on that deal for a few weeks until they got the funds, would royally turn me off this game if people were going around broadcasting deals that no one in the GW was aware of and that you did good work on to find ....

he did bring it up in an obscure manner himself though, by mentioning the players club weren't online for over a week

today there's only 3 been off for that long, yesterday i don't know but it wouldn't have been that many. so easy for people to find & when they know his club too

i'm not saying it's right listing the player here but it wouldn't have been difficult to find anyway

pepper180 wrote: »
    Nobody said it wasn't allowed? It just isn't very nice being on the receiving end of someone spoiling a bid or a player you've been watching for weeks!

shouldn't be broadcasting it then...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Alright lads, was away for a week so couldn't get online. I expected a bit of interest in the player with the speculation of him being linked with Liverpool but im not sure players should be named by other managers. Been a few bids for him, but going by previous transfers in this gameworld the bids are far short of what he is likely to go for, if i was actually interested in selling.

Atlético Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

top-secret-classified.gif

Cannot wait for the sh1tstorm when this guy gets added to the database,

His birthday is coming up soon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Cannot wait for the sh1tstorm when this guy gets added to the database,

His birthday is coming up soon ;)

Lads,

We need to come up (or Mac even) with some sort of regulations for this sort of thing...

I dont know who he is, but I am waiting on another player to be added, as im sure are many....

But going back to the lazy ****ers that dont put in the effort, we are giving them free targets to not only chase down but also jacking up prices....

If fairness, it will kill the game if transfer targets are made public, I can see interest falling rapidly if it goes down this road....

Any thoughts Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he did bring it up in an obscure manner himself though, by mentioning the players club weren't online for over a week

today there's only 3 been off for that long, yesterday i don't know but it wouldn't have been that many. so easy for people to find & when they know his club too

i'm not saying it's right listing the player here but it wouldn't have been difficult to find anyway

Thats what i said tho, you go hinting at a deal, people will go fishing for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I lost this player thanks to juve blabbing last week transfer-icon.jpg
    Jorge TORRES NILO has moved to Zenit (Ronan Bryan) from Tigres on a deal believed to be around 10,900,000.

Add Comment
    Monday at 17:32

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My opinion is, **** it. You brought the discussion/revelation of the player yourself.

I didn't really.

I said I found a player I was interested in, but his manager wasn't online for over a week.

If there's 4 teams who fit that bill, and each has the minimum number of players in their team, that's still 84 players. It's not giving much away other than I'm interested in one of 84 players. And given there was no one else with him shortlisted, it meant someone had to go through those teams and find the player I was talking about, and then publicly out him. Its not that the info came easily.

I was trying to start a general discussion about managers who hadn't logged in for ages and how frustrating it is to not be able to negotiate deals about players. Wasn't me who took it too specifics and named the player.

And I get your point over "You should be allowed discuss whoever you want", but given how competitive this gameworld is, and how hard it is to make any sort of transfer deals whatsoever now, you've got to understand how frustrating it is when someone comes on and basically makes it 10 times harder to sign a player...

batistuta9 wrote: »
    shouldn't be broadcasting it then...

Please tell me how it was broadcasted? Because the players name or the team wasn't mentioned. Therefore it wasn't broadcasted. There was 7 teams that were offline for a week, could have been ANY of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lads,

We need to come up (or Mac even) with some sort of regulations for this sort of thing...

I dont know who he is, but I am waiting on another player to be added, as im sure are many....

But going back to the lazy ****ers that dont put in the effort, we are giving them free targets to not only chase down but also jacking up prices....

If fairness, it will kill the game if transfer targets are made public, I can see interest falling rapidly if it goes down this road....

Any thoughts Mac?

Have edited that for you :p

I am not really bothered about players names getting out. You win some you lose some, it is a game at the end of the day. It is not like those of us leaking things are going to have to apply for asylum in Russia .

Have edited that for you :p

I am not really bothered about players names getting out. You win some you lose some, it is a game at the end of the day. It is not like those of us leaking things are going to have to apply for asylum in Russia .

True, but why make it easier for others to sneak in so you loose some?

Honestly, if players are named here then I can see that being the beginning of the end..... It takes all the fun out of your own private scouting and the joy you get when you land 'THAT' rare target that not many know about ;)

It would kill it for me anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

What in effect were trying to achieve as such is,a media blackout while were on a social network.Sounds impossible.

What in effect were trying to achieve as such is,a media blackout while were on a social network.Sounds impossible.

Not anywhere even in the same ball park as that suggestion...

Plain and simple, don't name names......

Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've a pretty simple rule for myself.

If the player has been bid on or has had a bid accepted then I won't mention him.

Otherwise I will talk freely about said player.

Pretty simple ;)

Mr Blobby wrote: »

If the player has been bid on or has had a bid accepted then I won't mention him.

Pretty simple ;)

So shortlisted players are not off limits??? Or newly added players to the DB???

Can't see that going down very well to be honest.....

I'd only discuss a player that nobody has shown any interest in or that a player I KNOW is NOT for sale, that way nobody is getting upset and I generally don't name players as such....

Example being that player RYU that Chelsea paid out a lot of money for, I hinted towards him as clubs had bids in (Chelsea had a fairly big bid!) and I knew his listing on the DB to be false, he was listed as a Dortmund player and was not in real life.... I even tried NOT to post his name as it would only generate interest since he had just been added, I mean why give someone else a run at him that has not done any background research?

I think that Mac really has to come up with some ground rules here as I was fairly pissed over the one time this happened to me and if it becomes a regular thing I can see the die-hards here loosing interest fast...

Bottom line, let the lazy managers out there dig out their own gems, don't throw out names for them..... Takes the enjoyment out of the research and scouting some (well most at this stage) are doing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This all makes sense, for external players. However, the initial case which sparked this debate (again) was about an internal player getting mentioned. I still see no real advantage/disadvantage if the names of these players are released as they will only be sold for the amount that the manager is willing to sell him for anyway, if at all.

Obviously, for external players, I completely agree that the names shouldn't be released, as these can be bought for face value if no other teams are aware of them.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Pretty simple ;)

And if they player is shortlisted by 1 person and he is a talent you will still mention him so the lazy ******** can go bid on him without doing ground work? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

A thought for next season.

As we've only two (league) games per week, how would people feel about a seperate competition, run through friendlies.

80 teams, 16 preliminary round games, brings it to 64, after that, a straight knockout - 8 rounds of games would decide a winner.
    Might keep lads more interested after going out of cups or whatever.
    I don't mind doing up the random draw, and it would be up to each team to organise the friendlies - if a team doesn't accept, they're out!

Thoughts?

I think that Mac really has to come up with some ground rules here as I was fairly pissed over the one time this happened to me and if it becomes a regular thing I can see the die-hards here loosing interest fast...

In all due fairness to Mac, that would be a lot of weight put down on his shoulders and would be hard for him to enforce. He's not a mod, so couldn't, for example, edit posts to stop names getting out quickly.

I get the mods for this forum are also the mods for the FM forum over this one, but I wonder if they read the thread at all (Hi if you do :pac:). I wonder if it would be possible to get someone (I'd say Mac, for example, given he started this, or someone who is on very regularly) to be a mod of this sub-forum; someone who was active and could catch such problems quickly and nip them in the bud.

Also, it might facilitate a charter being formed as well, where something like this could be put into writing. Something like "When it comes to transfer dealings, do not name a player unless the manager selling or buying the player does so first". If a charter was being formed, a separate topic could be made to discuss what rules need to be made, what don't....after all, this discussion is happening all in here, when there's other topics on the board as well. :)

• Advertisement

but I wonder if they read the thread at all (Hi if you do :pac:)

Trust me they read it... I did get banned for a week you know :pac:

Trust me they read it... I did get banned for a week you know :pac:

Could have been reported by someone, as opposed to a mod reading the topic intensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's a great idea but I don't think we'd get a mod just for here. I'm not sire what we can do really

Could have been reported by someone, as opposed to a mod reading the topic intensively.

Very true lad, a few snakes around here alright.

Matt Pepper steered Real Madrid to victory against Málaga CF.

Real Madrid outclassed Málaga CF and thrashed them 9 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.

Higuaín scored a brace and 1 assist and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Di Maria also getting a brace and 2 assists.

Rodriquez with a hattrick and 4 assists.

Khedira and Ramos getting one a piece.

Sahin recently back from Dortmund also got an assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Very true lad, a few snakes around here alright.

Snake? I reported the "pack of bitches" comment and I doubt I was the only one. No snake here.

:(

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to SS Lazio.

FC Porto slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against SS Lazio in their Friendly fixture.

Granero and Modrić were amongst the goalscorers.

Snake? I reported the "pack of bitches" comment and I doubt I was the only one. No snake here.

As I said, there is a few snakes around here. :)

I didn't say any names so don't think its aimed at you..
    Paranoid much? :pac:

Oh did you take offence to that comment I wrote last week? :)

Guys lets not go down this road of 10 pages of arguing and a seperate pole (again)

If you dont wantplayers named on here dont hint at a possible deal on here (AT ALL) untill the deal is done.

People naming out other peoples targets, treat it like dodgy agents in real life and return the favor or add a few € next time theycoming knocking for your player.

• Advertisement

Please tell me how it was broadcasted? Because the players name or the team wasn't mentioned. Therefore it wasn't broadcasted. There was 7 teams that were offline for a week, could have been ANY of them!

1) they're 80 teams in the GW, most of which have been online that day or the day or two before.
    Narrowing it down to a small pool of teams has already made it easier.

2) saying the manager hasn't been online for over a week, it'd be logical to look at the teams offline for around 7/8/9 days first instead of the long term offline - but whatever either way it'l not take long

3) looking at the teams & squad, given his mentions in the press this week he's likely to jump out

4) in the next post he said he was the only one interested in the player, all players that have people interested in them have 'Int' beside them in the squad list, these are players you'd look at first, he also mentioned having to make another bid indicating that he's bid already so 'TBd' would be beside them in the squad list

you could say something far less vague like 'i'm interested in a 83 rated player' and people would figure it out.

it was broadcast i think, not directly but it's pointing people in the right direction & easy to figure it out. Whether it's right to name them or not is a moral issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement