Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

pepper180 wrote: »
    As I said, there is a few snakes around here. :)

I didn't say any names so don't think its aimed at you..
    Paranoid much? :pac:

Oh did you take offence to that comment I wrote last week? :)

Paranoid? Not at all, just letting you know who reported it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Right lads ive read all the posts all day long and am trying too think of a solution too it. Mentioning players by name when others have bids in on them is just sour grapes in my opinion and I'm trying too think of a way too enforce it. As for the mod bit I read here more then I post but its not my call too make me a mod!
    This thread is near too it's life time (10,000 posts and is closed) so a charter for next season in post one could be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Be a lot of work for one guy to moderate on their own imo.
    Definitely a good idea to get a few rules set in stone when thread 2 is started - and probably something that needs work to be started on immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Very true lad, a few snakes around here alright.

Careful you don't get reported again, you don't want the FA coming down on you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Mentioning players by name when others have bids in on them is just sour grapes in my opinion

I have no problem with people being punished for doing that.

But that's a far as it should go..

We shouldn't be punished for talking about player's who are shortlisted or who's just been just added to the database.

Just because someone shortlists a player doesn't mean there going to sign them.
    If you want to sign a player then do it... Don't shortlist them and hope they don't get mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Right lads ive read all the posts all day long and am trying too think of a solution too it. Mentioning players by name when others have bids in on them is just sour grapes in my opinion and I'm trying too think of a way too enforce it. As for the mod bit I read here more then I post but its not my call too make me a mod!
    This thread is near too it's life time (10,000 posts and is closed) so a charter for next season in post one could be on the cards.

Is there any way you can be a mod of this thread/section???

Hey GT!!!!!!

SS Lazio beat FC Porto 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Candreva scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Muriel and Jô were also amongst the goalscorers.

In all due fairness to Mac, that would be a lot of weight put down on his shoulders and would be hard for him to enforce. He's not a mod, so couldn't, for example, edit posts to stop names getting out quickly.

I get the mods for this forum are also the mods for the FM forum over this one, but I wonder if they read the thread at all (Hi if you do :pac:). I wonder if it would be possible to get someone (I'd say Mac, for example, given he started this, or someone who is on very regularly) to be a mod of this sub-forum; someone who was active and could catch such problems quickly and nip them in the bud.

Also, it might facilitate a charter being formed as well, where something like this could be put into writing. Something like "When it comes to transfer dealings, do not name a player unless the manager selling or buying the player does so first". If a charter was being formed, a separate topic could be made to discuss what rules need to be made, what don't....after all, this discussion is happening all in here, when there's other topics on the board as well. :)

Well in fairness, it is up to Mac at the end of the day as he is the one that paid and is laid out the initial ground work, if he wants to come up with a charter that might be the perfect answer, but something needs to be done about it....

I'd be up for a charter discussion thread for sure, good idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Two Games Left ...

To change tactics or not to change tactics ...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1sMVaJntLDofdDlalB5CioirStwGxkTUXbqGDpF5O-6T0tHhj

Struggling to decide on my next system :D
    the_oldie_of_640_04.jpg
    Italian.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-gLxL7UxhfJi6lmgGEuItwAzt5VFsH6Y_kg7sgmZtUzZ0oyN8
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlXLOZYYM8xN0hlqwJMrogxnhvqEH3LssFmkJClT3qVaVidMQk

Well in fairness, it is up to Mac at the end of the day as he is the one that paid and is laid out the initial ground work, if he wants to come up with a charter that might be the perfect answer, but something needs to be done about it....

I'd be up for a charter discussion thread for sure, good idea ;)

Like all the poles we've had? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hey GT!!!!!!

SS Lazio beat FC Porto 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Candreva scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Muriel and Jô were also amongst the goalscorers.

I'm hoping I've reverted to earlier form where I was loosing friendlies and winning league games:D

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I have no problem with people being punished for doing that.

But that's a far as it should go..

We shouldn't be punished for talking about player's who are shortlisted or who's just been just added to the database.

Just because someone shortlists a player doesn't mean there going to sign them.
    If you want to sign a player then do it... Don't shortlist them and hope they don't get mentioned.

You of all people should be going for the opposite of that!!!

I'll give you an example, I've a player shortlised (out of 800 so good luck guessing which one :D ) that I DO WANT.....

Right now, he is not available and I don't have the money, but he will be and I will.....

Now lets say someone posted his name, what do you think about that? Remember that you too once had a very tight budget and we all know how difficult it is to land players as is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What people's opinions on changing the length of time people can be offline for?
    I personally think 30 days is too much. I'd change it to 14 days if we could.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What people's opinions on changing the length of time people can be offline for?
    I personally think 30 days is too much. I'd change it to 14 days if we could.

Any thoughts?

I've seen gameworlds where its cut to 12 games.Chaps falling by the wayside weekly.It can get messi.

Cant believe no-one else has been bidding on the 18yr old, who's manager hasnt been on for nearly 2 weeks! he is nearly 80rated afterall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Careful you don't get reported again, you don't want the FA coming down on you again!

I don't think I could be reported from that, I haven't said anything wrong. Something against snakes have we?

Paranoid? Not at all, just letting you know who reported it ;)

I don't need to know, each to their own. You opinions matter little to me anyway, and it's been like that from the start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭batistuta9

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cant believe no-one else has been bidding on the 18yr old, who's manager hasnt been on for nearly 2 weeks! he is nearly 80rated afterall!!

your distraction techniques are very subtle :pac:

batistuta9 wrote: »
    your distraction techniques are very subtle :pac:

I was being as vague as possible, really want this lad ;)

i know who it is, or at least who fits the description you gave :D

• Advertisement

i know who it is, or at least who fits the description you gave :D

Careful now, you might breach the yet to be defined charter :p

Careful now, you might breach the yet to be defined charter :p

:pac::pac::pac:

if you don't want anyone knowing about deals, say nothing - simple
    no need for charters or any other crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ditto!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't think I could be reported from that, I haven't said anything wrong. Something against snakes have we?

You can be reported for anything really, whether the mods choose to do anything is another thing.

I've nothing against yourself or snakes, I didn't report anything,but having served a ban you have got to be careful what you say.

I'm hoping I've reverted to earlier form where I was loosing friendlies and winning league games:D

Exact opposite here! I used to walk friendlies and loose league games :eek:

Unfortunatley, 'others' unrelated to the transfer don't have the mental capacity not to post about it..... ;)

You can be reported for anything really, whether the mods choose to do anything is another thing.

I've nothing against yourself or snakes, I didn't report anything,but having served a ban you have got to be careful what you say.

I don't think I can be reported for anything I've said since I've came back, I've said nothing wrong so it's impossible :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fair enough.

I guess I'll just stick to posting results and not post much else here then. :cool:

Fair enough.

I guess I'll just stick to posting results and not post much else here then. :cool:

you should have just made it a bit more vague something like 'isn't it annoying when managers don't reply to bids' or 'what about next season cutting down the required login period'

what happened to you is shít but its happened before

you could think on it like a story being leaked to the press or by the players agent to the other clubs, an extra bit of reality right there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I see what you guys mean. Took me less than 2 minutes to find the kid. I'm not sure if you really are interested in him or if you was trying to prove a point though.

Why come on here hinting at a player if you don't want other managers to bid for him to? Just keep it to yourself for a day or two until you have him :rolleyes: (not aimed at GT)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement