Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The game would be crap if we all had a sugar daddy giving everyone 20m every season.
    And unrealistic.
    SO....careful with your money.Don't spend it all on crap young fellas.That might rise 1 or 2 in the next year.

Unrealistic. Nearly every team in every league gets a transfer kitty at the start of the season...

And I didn't mean 20m for every tram, mainly promoted teams so they have a chance to survive. Maybe 20 for promotion and 10 for everyone else. Sure 10m would barely get you 1 88 rated player anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Batesy77 wrote: »
    How do I get a team here ?

We're full up at the minute bud. I run the game world and new teams become free all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Hi Matt Pepper, Hi!

Would you like to help Soccer Manager?

We need some more Arabic translators to join our fantastic community of translators...

:pac: Nice SoccerManager, nice! I really hope everyone got a message like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

pepper180 wrote: »
    Hi Matt Pepper, Hi!

Would you like to help Soccer Manager?

We need some more Arabic translators to join our fantastic community of translators...

:pac: Nice SoccerManager, nice! I really hope everyone got a message like this..
    I did now all I have to do is learn Arabic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

JamboMac wrote: »
    I did now all I have to do is learn Arabic.

I got that as well! Happy days!!!!!

Been dyin to try out my Arabic!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The game would be crap if we all had a sugar daddy giving everyone 20m every season.
    And unrealistic.
    SO....careful with your money.Don't spend it all on crap young fellas.That might rise 1 or 2 in the next year.

Sorry I had to laugh!!! 20mil..... sugar daddy!!!!! Are you for real, have you seen a transfer window lately?

200mil more like!!!

Clubs like norwich and swansea are spending excess of 20mil without batting an eyelid these days! Its unrealistic NOT to get a cash injection!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah. I have 50m in the bank and can't buy anyone rated over 88, and even if I do get a deal, people want 5 or 6 times value now. Worry soon it'll be up for 10x.

Every day that passes, I laugh at how shocked people were Sandro went for 20m, and wonder how much I'd get for him now. Biggest regret of mine, transfer wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well I blew 19.5m on a rated 89 player :D In my defence it was my first ever signing when the league was just launched. I was a noob and had no idea what prices were cheap and not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is that a bad price for an 89 rated player? I'm struggling to get to grips with the transfer market but it seems like it is a sellers market.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is that a bad price for an 89 rated player? I'm struggling to get to grips with the transfer market but it seems like it is a sellers market.

If it's an 89 rated player that probably won't rise anytime soon if ever then yes, I believe that's too much for an 89 player. Having this problem myself when trying to buy new players for the new season but won't be overpaying for anyone. I'd rather hold onto my cash and invest in youth if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yeah. I have 50m in the bank and can't buy anyone rated over 88, and even if I do get a deal, people want 5 or 6 times value now. Worry soon it'll be up for 10x.

Really :eek:

I have found plenty of players rated 89 for cheap.. I guess you're looking for superstars though :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Really :eek:

I have found plenty of players rated 89 for cheap.. I guess you're looking for superstars though :pac:

I am looking for players to improve my first team. Have enough squad players who I am sure I could add to, but I want to improve the team for a run at the title next season...

EDIT: Add to that the amount of deals which seem to die quickly not due to my unwillingness to pay large fees, but due to the chairman's valuations not nearing half the actual valuation of players as well.

On the other hand, many thanks to the Hanover manager who just accepted my 12m bid for Mame Diouf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Daemos wrote: »
    Just a heads up that the manager's position at Schalke will be up for grabs at the end of the season, regardless of whether or not we qualify for Division 1 via the play-offs

And no, that doesn't mean I'll be selling players for cheap :p

I would like to officially declare my interest in taking over this job... Mac where should I forward my CV to? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well I blew 19.5m on a rated 89 player :D In my defence it was my first ever signing when the league was just launched. I was a noob and had no idea what prices were cheap and not.

ooi, you got a bargain my friend! :D

Apparently :eek:... I own Bojan :confused:... chance would be a fine thing:rolleyes:

bojan.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Apparently :eek:... I own Bojan :confused:... chance would be a fine thing:rolleyes:

bojan.png

I got that as well."_________ have mad a bid for Bojan of Sao Paulo"

I was only looking at him yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

bojan.png

well, apparently i own Jesé Rodríguez :cool:

fd9add0cce88608931193463f6af7c3f.png

back off whoever's trying to buy him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

WTF, ...... have made a bid of 4.4m for Rodriguez JESE of Dynamo Kyiv!!!

Accepted lol

swoody wrote: »
    well, apparently i own Jesé Rodríguez :cool:

fd9add0cce88608931193463f6af7c3f.png

back off whoever's trying to buy him :mad:

Is it he is out on loan? If so dont worry, the deal will collapse

• Advertisement

I got that as well."_________ have mad a bid for Bojan of Sao Paulo"

I was only looking at him yesterday!

You'll find I posted first so he's mine :P

Is it he is out on loan? If so dont worry, the deal will collapse

The players in question arent even ours nor are they on loan at/from our clubs

IvySlayer wrote: »

So what!!!!

I blew over 30 on an 89!!!!!!

The players in question arent even ours nor are they on loan at/from our clubs

Ohh..... hmm....

So what!!!!

should that be in After Hours :D you dirty dog you!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

So what!!!!

Yeah but you know he will move into the mid nineties given some time. You paid for what he will be worth. Some managers want crazy money for 88/89 rated players that aren't likely to rise beyond that.

Porto Players available to loan for Season2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Willing to give goretzka and cash for 90+ players.

Send me pms on soccermanager not on this.

Hamburger sv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Newcastle accepted 9m for yarmolenko to Schalke, who's managerial position is up for grasps.
    If that's not a mistake it's the bargain of the season IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Mr.Magoo was helpless to prevent a Charity Shield Final defeat with Lokomotiv Moskva against fierce rivals Spartak Moskva in the Moskva Derby!! Lokomotiv Moskva lost to Spartak Moskva 4 - 1 on penalties after the match ended 0 - 0.

http://gyazo.com/d5a5c4eaf95cd553603185c27d864dcb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement