Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Benfica open the purse strings!

Mr. Magoo gets their man! Omar Abdulrahman will join their SL Benfica squad from Al Ain for 6,301,000

Mr. Magoo unveils their new signing! Sebastián Pérez will join their SL Benfica squad from Atlético Nacional for 4,116,000

Mr. Magoo unveils their new signing! Humberto Osorio will join their SL Benfica squad from Valladolid for 3,270,000

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

how do my reserves manage to do what the first team couldnt in the last 5 games?!

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Manchester City.
    FC Porto beat Manchester City 3 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Rivière scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gebhart was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The offer for Brett HOLMAN of Aston Villa from Al Nasr SC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bit weird that its the same club he went to in real life last month :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

eh i dunno wrote: »
    The offer for Brett HOLMAN of Aston Villa from Al Nasr SC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bit weird that its the same club he went to in real life last month :eek:

If a player transfers in real life the club, if it's external, usually bid on them in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

If a player transfers in real life the club, if it's external, usually bid on them in the game

Really? Didnt know that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Any one got any proven tips for possession??,even against teams rated lower than me i get hammered in the stats,

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nobbykko

MrMac84 i was looking to join the boards league, i see that all teams are taken at the moment so when the next free team comes up i would like to take it if possible.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭batistuta9

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Really? Didnt know that

yeah, some more on it:

if a player isn't on the transfer list the only external offers you'll get is from his real life club

if transfer listed, his real life club (if they're external/AI) are usually the first to bid, sometimes the only one

a player who moves between two external teams in real life, will move in the game

sell a player to some random external team & he'll make his way back to his real life team too

it does a good job that way actually keepings things in line with real life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

batistuta9 wrote: »
    yeah, some more on it:

if a player isn't on the transfer list the only external offers you'll get is from his real life club

if transfer listed, his real life club (if they're external/AI) are usually the first to bid, sometimes the only one

a player who moves between two external teams in real life, will move in the game

sell a player to some random external team & he'll make his way back to his real life team too

it does a good job that way actually keepings things in line with real life

maybe that's why Otamendi came back to FCP, even if my bid was less than others :cool:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    maybe that's why Otamendi came back to FCP, even if my bid was less than others :cool:

doubt it, you must have made the best offer

all the above refers to external/AI clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

doubt it, you must have made the best offer

all the above refers to external/AI clubs

Do you know if sometimes it could look like you made the best offer in terms of cash, but with others offering p/e might that p/e player or players be worth more to that club than your club values them?

If so, i am sure i lost out before that way as I was sure i had the best offer in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Do you know if sometimes it could look like you made the best offer in terms of cash, but with others offering p/e might that p/e player or players be worth more to that club than your club values them?

If so, i am sure i lost out before that way as I was sure i had the best offer in.

Makes sense to me anyway. Clubs can have widely varying valuations of one player. I think I read somewhere that it is related to the amount of players the team have that are of similar position to p/e player. I.E. If a team has few defenders and a load of attackers then their chairman will value a p/e defender more than a p/e attacker.

Have you recalculated the winning offer using the newer current valuation of the p/e player(s)??

Wilberto wrote: »
    Makes sense to me anyway. Clubs can have widely varying valuations of one player. I think I read somewhere that it is related to the amount of players the team have that are of similar position to p/e player. I.E. If a team has few defenders and a load of attackers then their chairman will value a p/e defender more than a p/e attacker.

Have you recalculated the winning offer using the newer current valuation of the p/e player(s)??

No, to be honest i can't remember who it was! It was quite a while ago,

But I do know from selling Valter BIRSA today for £4,620,000 that he is worth £6,320,000 already to Braga.

yeah that's what happened. It'll still be valued on the total cash amount but that's what happened.

if you look at them players (ones being offered in PEx) you'll only see their chairmans value & your chairmans value of them but you've no idea what the selling players club values them at.

no real way of finding out what they're valued at, maybe if you've an exact same rated, aged & position player

& that other posters right as well, if they're short in some positions the player would be worth more to them, also young players or players that would be the best rated at the new club or equal to it are worth more.

No, to be honest i can't remember who it was! It was quite a while ago,

But I do know from selling Valter BIRSA today for £4,620,000 that he is worth £6,320,000 already to Braga.

this happens a lot, more so with the smaller clubs you buy from & sell back too.

this is why some people think that over paying for low rated players is stupid, have a look at some lad from sunderland on the transfer list, signed for 1.2 or 1.4 i think went up 2 in the ratings & is now still only worth about 500k to them - this is the region of the offers he's getting for him too

transfer listing them & you're not going to get a whole lot over what your chairman values them.
    if they make the bid themselves it'll be for a good bit more but still probably below what they value them at once back there

with really high rated players though, say 92+, you'll get offered a lot more than they're worth to you, millions more, for 90 rated you get about 1-1.5m more
    generally the higher the players rating, the more over your chairmans value you'll get if the team make a bid themselves

this happens a lot, more so with the smaller clubs you buy from & sell back too.

this is why some people think that over paying for low rated players is stupid, have a look at some lad from sunderland on the transfer list, signed for 1.2 or 1.4 i think went up 2 in the ratings & is now still only worth about 500k to them - this is the region of the offers he's getting for him too

The value of lower rated players in this example didnt matter,id prefer he kept his value,but if i spend over a million on a youth player im not planning on selling him i have researched him and believe he will be in my team in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

So the big one tonight!!!!

I will make the playoffs if I win, OR BOTH Palermo & Bremen both win and I loose!!!

What are the chances....

Oh God! I can see it happening!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this thread finished now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Pretty soon, once it hits 10k

10,000 posts in one season...FFS,mac start selling advertising space and the boards league,you will clean up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

So..

2 possible ways I can become Division 1 Champion.

1. I win or draw against Spurs, then I'm the Division 1 Champion.

2. PSG and Dortmund draw, then I'm the Division 1 Champion.

The value of lower rated players in this example didnt matter,id prefer he kept his value,but if i spend over a million on a youth player im not planning on selling him i have researched him and believe he will be in my team in the future.

yeah that makes sense & i was only giving an example

but why is he on the transfer list then?

yeah that makes sense & i was only giving an example

but why is he on the transfer list then?

which player are we talking about? it might be one that i didnt buy? none of the transfer bans on players i bought are up yet. but i have loan listed every one.

pepper180 wrote: »
    So..

2 possible ways I can become Division 1 Champion.

1. I win or draw against Spurs, then I'm the Division 1 Champion.

2. PSG and Dortmund draw, then I'm the Division 1 Champion.

ah a real battle of good vs evil!!! C'mon dortmund!!!! :D

ah a real battle of good vs evil!!! C'mon dortmund!!!! :D

Ah.. So I'm guessing I'm evil :pac:

Hopefully you lot that underestimate me will be congratulating me later! :)

which player are we talking about? it might be one that i didnt buy? none of the transfer bans on players i bought are up yet. but i have loan listed every one.

it wasn't you who bought him but another manager, the first one

it's peter van ooijen
    bought for 1.4m on 17/4
    rose 2 to 77 on 28/4
    now worth 520k to you

this was only used as an example about spending big on low rated players, if you plan to use them as risers
    not a go you or anything, it just stuck in my head from looking at the TL the last night

it wasn't you who bought him but another manager, the first one

it's peter van ooijen
    bought for 1.4m on 17/4
    rose 2 to 77 on 28/4
    now worth 520k to you

this was only used as an example about spending big on low rated players, if you plan to use them as risers
    not a go you or anything, it just stuck in my head from looking at the TL the last night

ah ok,he's worth more than that i wont be selling him for under 2million,i think he will rise,i was sickened i had him sold for 2.5m and the smfa reversed the deal,i think it was because the original manager that bought him for sunderland tried to buy him again for his new club.

ah ok,he's worth more than that i wont be selling him for under 2million,i think he will rise,i was sickened i had him sold for 2.5m and the smfa reversed the deal,i think it was because the original manager that bought him for sunderland tried to buy him again for his new club.

81 minutes for jong PSV this season already, the only way is up :pac: :pac::pac:

apart from that i've on idea on him

Whoever scores for me tonight is getting a new contract! FACT. (If anyone scores that is)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

So.....

Chelsea manager...What deal will ya do for me to not lose tonight against Bayern!!???

What's it worth to ya??!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement