Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pepper180 wrote: »
    So..

2 possible ways I can become Division 1 Champion.

1. I win or draw against Spurs, then I'm the Division 1 Champion.

2. PSG and Dortmund draw, then I'm the Division 1 Champion.

God only knows what way I'll do tonight. Need the win to stop Juvi overtaking me and dropping down to 8th. Can't believe I thought I had a chance of getting top 3 a few weeks back.

I'm trying a formation which let me score 3 against PSG last game, but also conceded me 3 as well. I know some might not like me trying a new formation in such a big game, but I need to try something cause my beloved 4-2-3-1 has absolutely fallen apart in the last few games...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

So the big one tonight!!!!

I will make the playoffs if I win, OR BOTH Palermo & Bremen both win and I loose!!!

What are the chances....

Oh God! I can see it happening!!!!!!!!!!!

I need bremen and palermo to lose tonight so I can make the playoffs, and I'm playing bremen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

At home to Ajax tonight needing a point to win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dortmund ABÚ Tonight! Ha

Seriously tho 10,000 post is ridiculous lads fair play too everyone involved. My self and Yakult are doing a charter for this thread (and all soccermanager.com realated talks) in time for the launch of our new thread. One of the things will be a seperate thread for new players or for when clubs become free a kind of lobby for new players too all be in the one area too ensure they dont get lost in the game world thread. Also if say Man United become free all team managers who want too take them over will post in there hence making things easyier for ms when I go looking at manager rankings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

pepper180 wrote: »
    Ah.. So I'm guessing I'm evil :pac:

Hopefully you lot that underestimate me will be congratulating me later THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!!

Best of luck to night both of ye ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Pretty soon, once it hits 10k

Something strange going on with my phone! The reason I said it was my phone had it as over 10,000 and some posts were not showing up for me, strange.

Seems sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

batistuta9 wrote: »
    if i get relegated i'll join a div 4 team, only right

bayern

Just leave this here :pac:

Transfers between Schalke and Newcastle have been reversed. Does anyone know if there is someone we can email about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Transfers between Schalke and Newcastle have been reversed. Does anyone know if there is someone we can email about this?

i warned ya!
    swoody wrote: »
    if i where you i'd leave it at that after the two transfers, cause if you do another one tomorrow straight after again your gunna get blocked for sure and most likely Yarmolenko and Sissoko will sent back to you.

Meira Neilton is heading to Benfica, nicely done again....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Looks a good prospect, in the way I won a player bidding war last week I lost this one,

Went as high as my chairman would allow.

Well done Benfica.

i warned ya!

I think your right, it may have been that the transfers were done too close to each other, and with another player going from Schalke to Newcastle soon then it probably would have been flagged anyhow.....

Again, thats only a guess but unless someone reported it it makes sense. After all, these 'side deals' i.e. deals that have other deals attached, tend to happen very very close to each other, I think they may draw attention or something.....

Might be worth considering in future?

Looks a good prospect, in the way I won a player bidding war last week I lost this one,

Went as high as my chairman would allow.

Well done Benfica.

my chairman would only give me 3.75M, so i didn't bid as i know it would be beaten :(

but i'll monitor him anyway, like a boss! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think your right, it may have been that the transfers were done too close to each other, and with another player going from Schalke to Newcastle soon then it probably would have been flagged anyhow.....

Again, thats only a guess but unless someone reported it it makes sense. After all, these 'side deals' i.e. deals that have other deals attached, tend to happen very very close to each other, I think they may draw attention or something.....

Might be worth considering in future?

I've warned several times against these multi deals lads. Doing a deal between the same 2 teams several times throws up red flags!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've warned several times against these multi deals lads. Doing a deal between the same 2 teams several times throws up red flags!

Yeah, Has to be it really!!!!

It makes sense, if 2-3 deals happen between clubs in a short space of time I'd guess they will flag them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Which is why, even though I'll be leaving Schalke after the play-offs regardless of how I do, I would still advocate turning SMFA monitoring off for next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Can I get your advice lads on buying youth prospects.

I see some of you signing young fellas that are rated like 77,78,etc. Is that a high enough rating that their maybe a good prospect? What's the ideal age range? I'd assume 17/18 yr old rated 80 is better than a 21 yr old rated 80 as they have more time to develop.

I have been looking at a few players. For example, one is 18 and rated in the early eighties and another is 21 and rates mid eighties, are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Herrick wrote: »
    Can I get your advice lads on buying youth prospects.

I see some of you signing young fellas that are rated like 77,78,etc. Is that a high enough rating that their maybe a good prospect? What's the ideal age range? I'd assume 17/18 yr old rated 80 is better than a 21 yr old rated 80 as they have more time to develop.

I have been looking at a few players. For example, one is 18 and rated in the early eighties and another is 21 and rates mid eighties, are they worth it?

Do some research on them first. What league do they play in, are they starting or making a few appearances during the season. Do they play well when they play and is there any articles online about them looking like a good prospect for the future. If you put in the effort you can be rewarded.

I however, am far too lazy :p

can't wait for Louis Tomlinson to be added i'm going in "BIG" on him! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

can't wait for Louis Tomlinson to be added i'm going in "BIG" on him! :pac:

Omgffswtf don't name players....!!!!

• Advertisement

Omgffswtf don't name players....!!!!

you ain't the boss of me...... :P

here's another......
    barny interacts

PXT1RZt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Check out this from GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1

Free Agent Meira NEILTON has completed his move to Racing Club for 29,790,000

OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Best of luck to all involved in the title races tonight, lots to play for at both ends of all the divisions.

Best of luck to all involved in the title races tonight, lots to play for at both ends of all the divisions.

Thanks, hope you are sending out the big guns tonight, I might need a favour from you

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

NO,I think its ROMA

****......no it is me SUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If the results go right I'll top the table but I'm happy enough with promotion which is already secured :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Thanks, hope you are sending out the big guns tonight, I might need a favour from you
    iv a new formation that worked well last night against everton - its a mix of squad players and 1st teamers. Don't worry il be trying to win to claim I was the best team that didn't get automatic promotion;)

Check out this from GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1

Free Agent Meira NEILTON has completed his move to Racing Club for 29,790,000

OMG

FC Porto have swooped in and signed Free Agent Meira NEILTON for 12,167,000

that's the highest someone payed in any of my leagues so far.

Madness for someone who is only half decent.

i got him for 4.8M in the Good League so i'm happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Lads, I'm nervous..

On the toilet for the past 20minutes.. Winner will be crowned in just under an hour..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Still very hopeful of automatic promotion - just gotta get the win over genoa and hope Galatasaray turn Hamburg over.

Hamburg on a cracking run lately however, and Liege could sneak up there too!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement