Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

kryogen wrote: »
    Delighted to complete the signing of Burdisso, serious potential/re sale value there :)
    Are deals completing :)

Should have kept my mouth shut :(
    Who's got away??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

am i the only one trolling through the transfer market looking for 16 - 20 year olds at bargain prices...?

maybe i need to flex some mussel and go for big names....... 14M for Neymar was a shot to nothing but at least it was excepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Who's got away??

Ah he ain't off the hook just yet!

Tomorrow will tell all ;)

swoody wrote: »
    am i the only one trolling through the transfer market looking for 16 - 20 year olds at bargain prices...?
    Any younger and its considered grooming!

• Advertisement

maybe i need to flex some mussel and go for big names....... 14M for Neymar was a shot to nothing but at least it was excepted!

Hell no your not!!!

Also don't be afraid to go the other way too, 30-35 usually have 2-3 good seasons in them and even though you will get nothing for them back, they might just get you over the line ;)

Hell no your not!!!

Also don't be afraid to go the other way too, 30-35 usually have 2-3 good seasons in them and even though you will get nothing for them back, they might just get you over the line ;)
    Juve are no spring chickens, need to build for the future.....

Juve are no spring chickens, need to build for the future.....

Sure let a few of the old heads go cheap so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Where in the name of god did Portsmouth find 30 million to spend on players........

FC Twente

Sure let a few of the old heads go cheap so ;)
    you can have Iaquinta 3M if my chairman allows it......

• Advertisement

you can have Iaquinta 3M if my chairman allows it......

Pirlo for 3 mil, now there's a bargain ;)

Off to bed to sweat out my 'world beater' transfer :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=51236 D,DM (C) 78 19years old

Loan listed

I have players on loan to my own b team that i cant recall?!? As well as some players to external teams that i cant recall?!?

Was able to recall some players earlier today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I presume players can't reject transfer bids and that players don't get injured during games as there's no way of arranging for them to be substituted

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I presume players can't reject transfer bids and that players don't get injured during games as there's no way of arranging for them to be substituted

They can get injured IIRC..
    They can't reject transfer bids though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

If you go to the tactics screen there's an option to create in game instructions so you can arrange for subs to come on at certain times or scores

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Just looking at the teams in my league, it's a bit stupid the way Aston Villa a team battling relegation can have a better rating than Ajax the top team in the Dutch league?
    Petrov-89
    Bent-89
    Vlaar-88
    Nzogbia-88
    Agbonlahor-88

Is ridiculous in all fairness, I was just wondering if the owner of the GW can change the ratings to reflect real life, it would be more fun that way IMO.

The ratings in SM are made to reflect real life - the performances of the players but also the quality of the league

players ratings are based on minutes played primarily - especially for young players - and goals scored, performance of their team in the league too, etc.
    National team & CL achievements are also considered - hence Alba & the rest of Barca's spanish being so high & Pirlo going from 92 > 94 last December

players in the Dutch league will never get a rating over 90 & by the time they're rated that high Ajax & the likes will probably sell them on anyway, eg. Van Der Wiel, Steklenberg, etc. watch Eirksen leave next

Ajax have a high turnover of players, always young players coming in thus they have a low rating but rise as the play/preform in real life - but they can't rise higher than the team/league cap

So Neymar is unlikely to get higher than his now 91 while still playing in Brazil & Eto'o who was 96 while at Inter has dropped to 92 to reflect in playing in Russia

Ron Vlaar got that 88 rating playing at Feyenoord for the season they finished second, you think he should lose it now when he's playing in a better league, albeit for a team struggling, while at the same time rate Ajax higher with a majority of their players only in the first team a few seasons?
    if villa go down he'll drop as well if he stays there.

it's not perfect & some ratings probably are generous but it's not the worst either, for something that's quite difficult to in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

batistuta9 wrote: »
    The ratings in SM are made to reflect real life - the performances of the players but also the quality of the league

players ratings are based on minutes played primarily - especially for young players - and goals scored, performance of their team in the league too, etc.
    National team & CL achievements are also considered - hence Alba & the rest of Barca's spanish being so high & Pirlo going from 92 > 94 last December

players in the Dutch league will never get a rating over 90 & by the time they're rated that high Ajax & the likes will probably sell them on anyway, eg. Van Der Wiel, Steklenberg, etc. watch Eirksen leave next

Ajax have a high turnover of players, always young players coming in thus they have a low rating but rise as the play/preform in real life - but they can't rise higher than the team/league cap

So Neymar is unlikely to get higher than his now 91 while still playing in Brazil & Eto'o who was 96 while at Inter has dropped to 92 to reflect in playing in Russia

Ron Vlaar got that 88 rating playing at Feyenoord for the season they finished second, you think he should lose it now when he's playing in a better league, albeit for a team struggling, while at the same time rate Ajax higher with a majority of their players only in the first team a few seasons?
    if villa go down he'll drop as well if he stays there.

it's not perfect & some ratings probably are generous but it's not the worst either, for something that's quite difficult to in the first place

So the ratings depend on how a player does in the real world and not in the soccer manager game world? If i have a 18 year for example no matter how many times i play him in soccer manager his rating wont improve, but if he were to improve in real life his rating would improve accordingly in the game. Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pretty much yeah

If your model is to go after young talent and develop it yourself its not really for you, you are gambling that the players will progress in real life the way you hope they will.

Pato for example is on the downgrade, and probably will get lower and lower unless he does well with Corinthians and comes back to play for a big European team at some stage. Certainly he will more then likely not return to his peak level.

Those who picked up Reus a couple of years ago would see the opposite thing happening, he has gone well up in the ratings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wow, glad I didnt splash on some big names, have to study some leagues now!

• Advertisement

So the ratings depend on how a player does in the real world and not in the soccer manager game world? If i have a 18 year for example no matter how many times i play him in soccer manager his rating wont improve, but if he were to improve in real life his rating would improve accordingly in the game. Is that correct?

yep

Nicolas NKOULOU has completed his move to FC Porto from Marseille for 12,000,000

Victor GIULIANO has completed his move to FC Porto from Dnipro for 13,000,000

The rebuild continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Access too our game world has now changed...managers can apply for any club they wish but I need too accept it then before they take controll

The deal reported to be worth 16,110,000 plus Ricardo CARVALHO involving Alexandre PATO of Corinthians and Real Madrid has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Corinthians will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The deal reported to be worth 16,580,000 involving Alexandre PATO of Corinthians and Arsenal has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Corinthians will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The offer for Alexandre PATO of Corinthians from FC Porto has been accepted along with other club offers. Corinthians will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

There's that player i had made the only offer on on day 1 of the league but money from defour transfer came too late .... What could have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

If you go to the tactics screen there's an option to create in game instructions so you can arrange for subs to come on at certain times or scores

O I know that yea but you obviously can't prepare for someone getting injured during the game, at least I didn't see it

O I know that yea but you obviously can't prepare for someone getting injured during the game, at least I didn't see it

No you can't, same for sendings off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Loïc RÉMY has completed his move to Dortmund from Queens Park Rangers for 10,000,000 plus Patrick OWOMOYELA and Oliver KIRCH . All other offers were turned down.

Second new signing loic remy at Dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Luuk DE JONG has completed his move to Ajax from Monchengladbach for 5,000,000 plus Danny HOESEN and Derk BOERRIGTER

Mohamed DIAMÉ has completed his move to Ajax from West Ham United for 2,500,000 plus Thulani SERERO and Mitchell DIJKS

Really good signings, missed out on Remy though ;)

i've placed...........
    • Paolo De Ceglie
    • Luca Marrone
    • Simone Padoin
    • Emanuele Giaccherini
    • Alessandro Matri

........on the transfer list

• Advertisement

Still no news from Malaga this morn

This discussion has been closed.