Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

In fairness lads, only the big boys could even afford to sell players on the cheap (hint hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Us on budgets of 4MIL need to try squeeze as much as possible...

For example, Isco, I've no intention of selling him but if I did why would I even consider anything below 40mil???

On the 1 hand I have a player in a position on the field, a box ticked off if you will, on the other hand if I sold him for 40mil, who would sell me a player like him and still have change left over? Lets just say I sold him and went for say Ozil, you seriously think I would get him for 40mil? Or Xavi/Iniesta....

These things have to be done

Totally agree, I had accepted a bid for Muniain (20yr old 90 rated) for 17m + Pandev - I immediately thought to myself "Dude, WTF?" and cancelled - it would take an outrageously ridiculous offer because there isn't many 90+ rated players (worth having) at the unmanaged clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Just under an hour to kick off and the travelling Anzhi fans are in good spirits as they enter the Allianz Arena for what surely will be an annihilation from their Division 1 opponents.

Rumours of a change of formation from the Anzhi coach tonight in response to his sides 3-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea in their last outing. We will know soon enough whether he has set his men up right for the job at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Totally agree, I had accepted a bid for Muniain (20yr old 90 rated) for 17m + Pandev - I immediately thought to myself "Dude, WTF?" and cancelled - it would take an outrageously ridiculous offer because there isn't many 90+ rated players (worth having) at the unmanaged clubs

Can't agree more man :D

Just under an hour to kick off and the travelling Anzhi fans are in good spirits as they enter the Allianz Arena for what surely will be an annihilation from their Division 1 opponents.

Rumours of a change of formation from the Anzhi coach tonight in response to his sides 3-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea in their last outing. We will know soon enough whether he has set his men up right for the job at hand.

Ah that place ain't so scary, if I can score 3 goals with 3 shots then how hard can it be ;)

As the excitement builds in this fantastic stadium here in Liverpool, the fans begin to enter with high hopes....

The opposition tonight are in very good form coming into this and are not pulling any punches, they are sending out the big boys to get the job done.

So that's Everton taken care of.....

As I bring my Malaga team to the ****hole of Liverpool for a game agains a pure crap bunch of muppets I'm hoping for a 20-0 result!!!

Yours Truely

A Utd fan!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Noticed that myself, i guess nobody wants to sell a good player on the cheap so they look for as much as possible at the start, youl notice the players who nobody are interested in have already started to slowly come down in price.

But have you noticed most of the big clubs aren't selling, just buying 90+ players from the little teams. Offering fringe players as p/e. Smaller clubs have to put astronomical prices on their players, otherwise we wouldn't be able to replace them. If I sold my 90+ player for 15 million plus a 30 year old with no chance of improving, and then went to a big club trying to buy a player over 90 with 15 million it would be rejected straight off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

The Porto fancy were greeted with news of the imminent arrivals of 3 quality young players...

Miguel Vacso, Editor of the Porto fanzine, was delighted that along with buying established players, Mr Freeze appears to have a good eye for young talented players

-->

The offer for Bruno ZUCULINI of Racing Club from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Alves JADSON of Botafogo from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Marko SCEPOVIĆ of FK Partizan from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

In fairness lads, only the big boys could even afford to sell players on the cheap (hint hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Us on budgets of 4MIL need to try squeeze as much as possible...

For example, Isco, I've no intention of selling him but if I did why would I even consider anything below 40mil???

On the 1 hand I have a player in a position on the field, a box ticked off if you will, on the other hand if I sold him for 40mil, who would sell me a player like him and still have change left over? Lets just say I sold him and went for say Ozil, you seriously think I would get him for 40mil? Or Xavi/Iniesta....

These things have to be done
    But have you noticed most of the big clubs aren't selling, just buying 90+ players from the little teams. Offering fringe players as p/e. Smaller clubs have to put astronomical prices on their players, otherwise we wouldn't be able to replace them. If I sold my 90+ player for 15 million plus a 30 year old with no chance of improving, and then went to a big club trying to buy a player over 90 with 15 million it would be rejected straight off.

I get where you guys are coming from, someone made an offer for one of my players(ill not say what club or player) but even if the guy offered double what he did i would turn it down because of how important that player is.
    I mean i made a list last night of players i wanted to get and straight away discarded the ones at managed clubs, mainly because managed clubs want cash up front(and a lot at that) whereas i can just go to an unmanaged club and trade 2 fringe players for a similar player.

Id imagine theres going to be a frantic rush for all the "undervalued" players at unmanaged clubs for the first few months at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Well I,ve brought in one player and that's it for d season, money just not there so now it comes down to my manager skills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

if Hamburg don't beat this Juve youth team......

a10ade39a530a85387d3caf72aac79e2.png

......you've got problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Fenerbahçe SK.

FC Porto beat Fenerbahçe SK 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.

Džeko scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Giuliano was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

10 man Villa come from behind to beat Fiorentina 2-1

Liverpool (Scum) 2 - 3 Mighty Malaga

Some said he was past it but Nilmar on target on his debut and put in a man of the match performance!!!!! also chico flores with a debut goal!

Leaves the manager with a warm feeling in his belly!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

5-2 loss to Dortmund. Must find a way to counter 3-5-2 formation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

wnolan1992 steered Wolfsburg to victory against SS Lazio.
    Wolfsburg beat SS Lazio 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Diego scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Helmes was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Was sweating it there towards the end, a really tight game, Lazio go down to 10 men, we get a free kick in the dying minutes and bang it in the net. :)

Delighted I didn't sell Diego to Madrid now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Schalke with a 4-0 loss :/

I did however win the Charity Shield in my other league, so it's hard to be upset. Better formation needed, though

Ronan wrote: »
    5-2 loss to Dortmund. Must find a way to counter 3-5-2 formation...

2 ways of doing that...

1. Sign yaya toure, man can dominate 3 midfielders by himself!!!!

2. Match em up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thats weird, I picked a bunch of younger and more fringe players, saved my team and tactics yet when I ahve checked the result of the game v Sevilla players I didnt pick were playing, Ronaldo, Ozil, Higuain etc etc were not selected and they played, wtf happened there??

Edit: Doh! that was yesterdays win, todays result isnt in yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

who you managing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Reggie Blinkered steered Genoa CFC to victory against PSV.

Genoa CFC beat PSV 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.

Kucka scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jankovic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads, how do you get the in-game instructions when the're active to work.....?

my team never makes any changes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

swoody wrote: »
    if Hamburg don't beat this Juve youth team......

a10ade39a530a85387d3caf72aac79e2.png

......you've got problems!

How do you put the arrows on the players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Click on the player on the pitch view in the tactics page, a number of dots appear around the selection, click one to drag an arrow in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Go to your tactics and click on the players shirt ...

A 2-1 win away to Sporting Braga makes it 4 wins in 5 games for Newcastle. After conceding early Newcastle went on to dominate the game with 58% possession and the pressure told when first Cabaye equalised from the spot in the 29th minute before Michu sealed the win in the 53rd minute.

A worry for the Newcastle boss will be the sending off of Coloccini in the 30th minute which makes it 2 reds in the last 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Udinese 2-0 Stuttgart

Van Der Vaart and Anelka scorers! Pinzi sent off, thats 2 games in a row I've had someone sent off! gna have to strengthen my team.

Pretty happy with the way Udinese have started off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shnail

Code please?

Was 2 nil down after 60mins, three subs come on, two of them score with the third assisting both within ten minutes only for the team to collapse in the last ten and concede two more

Click on the player on the pitch view in the tactics page, a number of dots appear around the selection, click one to drag an arrow in that direction.

What do the arrows do

• Advertisement

A 2-1 win away to Sporting Braga makes it 4 wins in 5 games for Newcastle. After conceding early Newcastle went on to dominate the game with 58% possession and the pressure told when first Cabaye equalised from the spot in the 29th minute before Michu sealed the win in the 53rd minute.

A worry for the Newcastle boss will be the sending off of Coloccini in the 30th minute which makes it 2 reds in the last 2 games

Also, forgot to mention 2 assists for Neymar. Just the beginning of him repaying his transfer fee:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement