Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So, saturday night, how many are checking their potential transfers on their phone from the pub? ;)

Boring oul' me, at home watching crime drama, taking notes on what not to do when murdering some-one:eek: ... and checking my transfers every 5mins:D

Every time i check my mail i have been outbid once again!!:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Your chairman wont let him go, cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Every time i check my mail i have been outbid once again!!:(:(

not by me surely ....

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Just got my first win of pre-season beating Newcastle 2-1 great boost for going into the game against Malaga tomorrow.Watch out division 4 !

not by me surely ....

Think everyone has outbid me at this stage!:D

The most annoying were my bids for Eriksen and Munian. Had bids accepted for both then both were cancelled as managers took over!!!

• Advertisement

Oh..An my chairman is an a*sehole aswell...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

And the nightly wait to see if bids have been accepted continues.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

let them apply for the jobs 48hr after the players become available :cool:

I suppose you'd need to look at when these teams were selected, some people consiously decided not to pick them and might now decide they made a mistake, if you go with offering the teams to anyone in the league then maybe player that picked their team before barca or spurs were selected sould not get a pick?

1. MrMac84 : Dortmund
    2. Vito Corleone : Manchester City
    3. Yakult : Sunderland lol at them being 3rd pick
    4. Manzoor14 : Arsenal
    5. IvySlayer : West Brom
    6. icarus86 : Athletico Madrid
    7. MrKingsley : Tottenham
    8. danwhite88 : Liverpool
    9. WilcoOut : Barcelona

My bad i should have said any managers starting at number 10 who choose on the basis that those teams were gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Its been mentioned a few times lads, about 12.20am the bids will be processed!

Had 16m to start with, brought in 25m from transfers , have done 60m worth of transfers for 41m and p/e's. :eek:

And i hope to have more business to do ;)

Ohhh im betting I can beat that!!!!

On my phone at the min but ill check when I go home!!!!

• Advertisement

or see when the players in the accepted deals finally arrive at your club ....

I blame over-eager custom officers:rolleyes: in the Portugese airports for the delay on my players getting here!

FC Porto

Its been mentioned a few times lads, about 12.20am the bids will be processed!

O I know hence the reason it's a nightly wait till then

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My bad i should have said any managers starting at number 10 who choose on the basis that those teams were gone!

I suppose danwhite88 might have wanted 'Bale Hotspurs' alright ... but you get what I mean, eg the lad with West Brom pick them when barca and spurs were still in it ... he on the other hand might have wanted Sunderland ** ROFL **

Personally lads id prefer to see (especially barca) big teams ripped apart as it would make ALL the other big boys stronger and make the entire game world more unpredictable!

A la neymar/Newcastle coupe!!!! All of a sudden bayern, real, utd have a genuine superstar at another club to worry about!!!!!

Makes it more interesting, imagine if Messi went to arsenal or something, level playing field all round!!!!!

And I have no vested interest in this as I could not afford anywhere near any of their better players!

Ill happily jump ship to Barca if the chance comes up!!!

1st thing ill do is buy Pandev since nobody else will!!!

I suppose danwhite88 might have wanted 'Bale Hotspurs' alright ... but you get what I mean, eg the lad with West Brom pick them when barca and spurs were still in it ... he on the other hand might have wanted Sunderland ** ROFL **

we should have known there would be problems with Yakult when he has third pick and Sunderland is put down

Personally lads id prefer to see (especially barca) big teams ripped apart as it would make ALL the other big boys stronger and make the entire game world more unpredictable!

A la neymar/Newcastle coupe!!!! All of a sudden bayern, real, utd have a genuine superstar at another club to worry about!!!!!

Makes it more interesting, imagine if Messi went to arsenal or something, level playing field all round!!!!!

And I have no vested interest in this as I could not afford anywhere near any of their better players!

same as! Imagine Messi, Xavi, ...in D4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

But only the big clubs have the cash and bargaining players to get the big players at this stage. They would be divided up between the big clubs and only make the gap bigger between the teams.

But only the big clubs have the cash and bargaining players to get the big players at this stage. They would be divided up between the big clubs and only make the gap bigger between the teams.

Not true, look at Newcastle, not consideres a TOP TOP drawer european elite team, yet samba boy is there dazzling defenders...

• Advertisement

Not true, look at Newcastle, not consideres a TOP TOP drawer european elite team, yet samba boy is there dazzling defenders...

Sure I still have toulalon and isco to bargain with, 25mil + comibed in the transfer market, other teams could trade 2 top players for a superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

That's because with Neymar you were able to p/e players.. Most teams wouldn't have the financial capabilities to but any Barca player over 90...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah but that deal was worth 30 million, he paid for what he got

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Had 16m to start with, brought in 25m from transfers , have done 60m worth of transfers for 41m and p/e's. :eek:

And i hope to have more business to do ;)

Why so much?? I've done 91.2m worth of transfers for 22m + p/e's

coz I only wanted to ship out player I didnt want at the club, I'm not p/e-ing my good players.

actually forgot the dzeko+cash for mouthino swap in my above calc above

so mine ends roughly at 85m of business for 35m and p/e's

at least the dead wood and mouthino(nothing personal, just linked with spurs once to often in real lfe ;) ) are out of my squad

Yeah but that deal was worth 30 million, he paid for what he got

Yeah, part exchange with 2 players if I remember correct and your not saying that someone wont get value for money for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta.... etc etc etc......

What was your starting budget?

coz I only wanted to ship out player I didnt want at the club, I'm not p/e-ing my good players.

actually forgot the dzeko+cash for mouthino swap in my above calc above

so mine ends roughly at 85m of business for 35m and p/e's

at least the dead wood and mouthino(nothing personal, just linked with spurs once to often in real lfe ;) ) are out of my squad

Exactly the way it should be done when your working with a small budget, spot on man, did the exact same thing myself....

The whole idea when you don't have millions in the bank is to get a strong first 11, then improve the subs, then add a few squad players

I see there's 11 of us online ... can we expect some more transfers tonight I wonder? :D

• Advertisement

I see Sunderland have sacked O'Neill,Yakult is probably gone over for the interview

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement