Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

justshane wrote: »
    Demba BA has completed his move to Besiktas JK from Chelsea for 8,000,000 :) Delighted.

Now that's a bargain. If I knew he was available I would have been interested

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Nikica JELAVIĆ has completed his move to Standard Liège from Everton in a swap deal for Imoh EZEKIEL and Frédéric BULOT.

Sweeeeet! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Following available at bottom line from AZ.

MESSAOUD, Ali AM(RC),F(R)21, 75,
    HEIJBLOK, Erik GK 35 80
    ROSHEUVEL, Mikhael AM,F(RL) 22 78
    GORTER, Donny D,DM,M(L) 24 83
    WIJNALDUM, Giliano D(LC),DM(L) 20 79
    JOHANSSON, Mattias D,DM,M,AM(R) 21 83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I had 8 million left and said I'd chance it, shocked it came off :) Ba to propel me to division 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I had 8 million left and said I'd chance it, shocked it came off :) Ba to propel me to division 2!

For 8m should have tried for torres ;)

• Advertisement

Offers flying in for Bale now

Offers flying in for Bale now

And all rejected

Might bid 4m for Torres so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Naturally as players get older they loose pace and what not.... So yeah, we'll unless your giggs that is!

what has pace or anything to do with SM, do they matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Shane Long anyone? Accepting bids :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Thinking about it! He is overpriced!

Im out lads, 99% done deal on a different player!

Pity cause I really rate fletcher and all! I think he is easily a top 5 premiership player, with better players around him he would be deadly!!!!!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what has pace or anything to do with SM, do they matter?

Well since pace is one of the biggest weapons (say Bale/Ronaldo/Walcott) in the game in real life, it makes sense that when something you rely on as you get older will eventually fade the less effective as a player you will become, and if soccermanager is based on real life then your ratings will drop...

Figo is a good example of this, at inter he was a shadow of the player he was at real or barca. So players whos main asset is pace will obviously loose points as they get older....

Unless your giggs!!!!!!

Ya the next friendly date

Can u book it as im in work on my mobile!

Getting dirty looks as is!!!!

The offer for Álvaro MORATA of Real Madrid from Málaga CF has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

And that is my 'icing on the cake' transfer!

Well happy with the squad now!!!!!!!

Cheers Madrid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Júlio BAPTISTA has completed his move to Spartak Moskva from Málaga CF for 5,000,000

Now......

It's shopping time for sure!

On the hunt for a 91ish striker, have about 15 million and joaquin or demichelis to trade as well!

Anyone selling drop me a pm on soccermanager

Malaga

Giuseppe Rossi for 15 M ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

does anyone want to play me in a friendly tonight? If so please request playing Dynamo Kiev and I will accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Well since pace is one of the biggest weapons (say Bale/Ronaldo/Walcott) in the game in real life, it makes sense that when something you rely on as you get older will eventually fade the less effective as a player you will become, and if soccermanager is based on real life then your ratings will drop...

Figo is a good example of this, at inter he was a shadow of the player he was at real or barca. So players whos main asset is pace will obviously loose points as they get older....

Unless your giggs!!!!!!

but that has do with their real life performances - them not playing as much, etc.
    If they continue playing they'll not lose their rating if the team are still doing as well

I'm asking what has pace got to do with SM itself, not whether their drop in pace in real life effects their rating in the game - i know how SM ratings work

Like is a team with two quick players like walcott 91 & bale 93 in any advantage over a team with say podolski 91 & sneijder 93 playing in the same positions, in the game itself? not in real life or in the future

I don't think it is, afaik the only thing taken into account in SM is the players ratings, not pace, passing, heading ability, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Shane Long anyone? Accepting bids :P

Bid made :P

EDIT: And on a similiar note, I'm open to offers for the vast majority of my team if I'm honest, as I'd like to get some more... recognizable players :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 basarakus

We have created a Soccermanager.com league world for the Boards.ie members only. It only launched on 24th of March 2013 and new members are always welcome.
    If you would like a team in it, then register on the site and then search for game world ID:174426 to view free clubs. If you want a club then click "Apply" and post in here your user name and which club you applied for and ill accept you into the world ASAP.

Thanks lads
    Eddy

Hello Eddy have applied to join Estuinades(?) my name is Baz Foster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

N'zonzi in from stoke in time for tonight's friendly, most excellent

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    but that has do with their real life performances - them not playing as much, etc.
    If they continue playing they'll not lose their rating if the team are still doing as well

I'm asking what has pace got to do with SM itself, not whether their drop in pace in real life effects their rating in the game - i know how SM ratings work

Like is a team with two quick players like walcott 91 & bale 93 in any advantage over a team with say podolski 91 & sneijder 93 playing in the same positions, in the game itself? not in real life or in the future

I don't think it is, afaik the only thing taken into account in SM is the players ratings, not pace, passing, heading ability, etc.

Well going by my previous experience playing a players rating is not directly linked ro their consistency, ive had 92 or 93 players that have had 4 or 5 ratings so there simply has to be other contributing factors to a teams make up and consistency of performance...

If it were a game of 'collect the most highest rated playera and you win' it would be uninteresting to say the least.

In my othet gameworld I have a fantastic squad but there's another squad that is arguably better, he has more higher rated players but ive won that league a few times.

I suppose what im trying to say is player attributes in a given position hold some value inthe game

Giuseppe Rossi for 15 M ??

Got a striker cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

basarakus wrote: »
    Hello Eddy have applied to join Estuinades(?) my name is Baz Foster

Will accept you as soon as I'm on the laptop after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

All the below players are for sale from Hanover. Some classy young players and a couple of reliable older players. cheap as chips as the man says

TrL MESFIN-MULUGETA, Khaled D,DM,M(L) 20 75 360k
    TrL GIESSELMANN, Niko M(L) 21 76 380k
    TrL EVSEEV, Willi M(C),AM(LC) 21 78 810k
    TrL GÖKDEMIR, Ali AM(L) 21 78 810k
    TrL AYCICEK, Deniz AM(RLC) 22 77 560k
    TrL FUCHS, Lars F(RLC) 30 77 390k
    TrL KADAH, Deniz F(C) 27 76 320k -

Full house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

89* Rated Fredy GUARÍN has completed his move to Palmairas for a fee of
    7 Million.

Have 8.8Mill left for another CM... Stalking time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Full house!!

i guess thats my bid for stephen fletcher out the window!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Federico Balzaretti - 90 rated lb/lm is on the transfer list for 10m

I'll also consider p/ex offers involving lower rated youngsters who have a bit of potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Rite hello folks have applied to join this league, long time soccer manager player - even reactivated my ancient boards.ie id to apply

Am I in? Better late than ...

Baz Foster in Soccer Manager, bazarakus@hotmail.com email, do you need anyting else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

bazarakus wrote: »
    Rite hello folks have applied to join this league, long time soccer manager player - even reactivated my ancient boards.ie id to apply

Am I in? Better late than ...

Baz Foster in Soccer Manager, bazarakus@hotmail.com email, do you need anyting else?

Ill accept your bid for estaduants as soon as I'm on a laptop as I can't accept it on the mobile version

I'm hopen itll be by 7/7:30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement