Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Only a few weeks ago MrMac was wondering if we could get 20 people interested :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This is gonna be great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I just hope everyone keeps interest and we get a few years out of it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Well going by my previous experience playing a players rating is not directly linked ro their consistency, ive had 92 or 93 players that have had 4 or 5 ratings so there simply has to be other contributing factors to a teams make up and consistency of performance...

If it were a game of 'collect the most highest rated playera and you win' it would be uninteresting to say the least.

In my othet gameworld I have a fantastic squad but there's another squad that is arguably better, he has more higher rated players but ive won that league a few times.

I suppose what im trying to say is player attributes in a given position hold some value inthe game

it's not exactly linked to consistency but you were saying an older player is more likely to decrease, - sometimes yes, sometimes no, maybe it's more likely in the case of a speed merchant as they mightn't play as often or whatever but it's not necessary

player ratings are dependent on minutes played, goals scored, how well their team is doing, league cap, team cap, their national team is doing, etc.

It is a game of 'collect the most highest rated players and you win' at the lower levels anyway, like if you take over a division 4 team & buy in players rated mid 80's you'll walk the division. Especially if you're the only manager in that division

when you get to the top division, or in the boards GW, all the teams are of a similar enough rating anyway where points differences of 1/2/3 4 even of starting 11's don't really matter - that's where the formation of the team & possibly the team/player instruction come into there own,
    it's also harder playing against others than the game managed teams

Getting the formation right for the players you've is the hardest thing to do in the game with the high rated players, If that guy with the better team gets the tactics right he'll win. Some player will play better in certain positions & in certain formation

player attributes aren't part of the game engine & hold no weight in it http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2365975

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was only thinking the other day how much I'd love to have a FM game, but only and with real people, so was thrilled to see this :)

Div 4 side Chivas de Guadalajara have had an offer of 8.8M accepted for Shane Long from West Brom. Should be finalized in 24 hours.

:D

Took a chunk of my budget up, but I reckon I needed a strong striker, and Long always does me well in FM and Fifa. Think the rest of my budget might be going on a good defender now...

Meanwhile, I'm looking to offload the following for funds if anyone is interested....

G.PINEDA DM,M(C) 30 85

O.ESPARZA D,DM,M(R) 24 85

M.PONCE D,DM,M(L) 23 84

D.MARTINEZ D(R),DM(C) 32 82

I.ÁVALOS F(C) 22 75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Anyone selling any 90+ rated centre halves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Why does the game bother having a link to Soccerwiki showing players attributes if they have no basis for the game, stupid really

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So does the soccer wiki thing have nothing to do with the players whatsoever?

It's just down to the rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

I just hope everyone keeps interest and we get a few years out of it:)
    And no one dies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Many friendlies lines up tonight?

Porto vs Arsenal 20:00 on SkySportsPT -HD with commentary of 'the special one'

• Advertisement

soap1978 wrote: »
    And no one dies:D

And wives dont hop phones/laptops/tablets of walls

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anthony Elding to make his debut for fenerbache tonight vs west brom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Game World Full!

Thanks Lads!

it appears to be that way

if that is the case should you just always buy the cheapest option regardless of soccerwiki attributes and age

it appears to be that way

if that is the case should you just always buy the cheapest option regardless of soccerwiki attributes and age

My system is to buy the youngest player but to take into account real life potential also.

Say if there's two players rated 85, one 23 and the other 25. If the 23 year old plays for a smaller club but gets played week in week out in real life, and the 25 year old sits on the bench for a big club. I'd be inclined to go for the one at the smaller club.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Two massively experienced managers take the final two spots! :eek:

My system is to buy the youngest player but to take into account real life potential also.

Say if there's two players rated 85, one 23 and the other 25. If the 23 year old plays for a smaller club but gets played week in week out in real life, and the 25 year old sits on the bench for a big club. I'd be inclined to go for the one at the smaller club.

I'm looking at it purely from a "I want a player to play in my next match only" is everything you know about two players irrelevant apart from their SM rating, for instance I'v been looking at players soccerwiki attributes to compare players I'm interested in to carry out particular functions, am I wasting my time, if you want a target man is a players height/aerial ability disregarded and you just purely compare by SM rating

Does that mean all 27 year old 88 rated midfielders are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

When do we get the match results for friendlies?

Reggie Blinkered earned a draw with Genoa CFC against Anzhi.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Genoa CFC and Anzhi in their Friendly fixture.

Jankovic and Tozsér were amongst the goalscorers.

Still unbeaten as manager of Genoa :pac:

2-0 up though and a late goal robbed me of the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Why does the game bother having a link to Soccerwiki showing players attributes if they have no basis for the game, stupid really

it's their database, albeit community run

the people doing SoccerWiki just added the attributes for themselves or whatever i don't why they've done it

see above

the ratings in SM come from soccerwiki, if they approve them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

PPPP steered São Paulo FC to victory against Sporting CP.
    São Paulo FC outclassed Sporting CP and beat them 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Fabiano scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ganso was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Arsenal.

FC Porto beat Arsenal 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.

Giuliano scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Maicon and Van Wolfswinkel were also amongst the goalscorers.

So in friendlies: 4W-0D-2L
    In competitive: 0W-0D-1L

Lets see what tomorrow brings

Reggie Blinkered earned a draw with Genoa CFC against Anzhi.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Genoa CFC and Anzhi in their Friendly fixture.

Jankovic and Tozsér were amongst the goalscorers.

Still unbeaten as manager of Genoa :pac:

2-0 up though and a late goal robbed me of the win.

Guerrero scored both Anzhi goals on his debut in front of the massive 4186 strong crowd

Guerrero scored both Anzhi goals on his debut in front of the massive 4186 strong crowd

Noticed that, nice debut for him!

Is my cut of that bumper gate receipt in the post? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Málaga CF slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to AZ in their Friendly fixture.

Well done man!

Think ill stick to my usual formation from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Málaga CF slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to AZ in their Friendly fixture.

Well done man!

Think ill stick to my usual formation from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Mike Litiris steered ACF Fiorentina to victory against Internazionale.
    ACF Fiorentina beat Internazionale 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Viviano had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    M'vila and Sissoko were amongst the goalscorers.

I don't care why my DM is taking my free kicks but when he's scoring them from 30 yards I'm not bothered..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The match ended 1 - 1 between Fenerbahçe SK and West Bromwich Albion in their Friendly fixture.
    Demirel had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Elding was on the scoresheet for his side.

Noticed that, nice debut for him!

Is my cut of that bumper gate receipt in the post? :pac:

Emm sure sure, it's just resting in my account at the moment

• Advertisement

PSV 2-2 Dortmund

I'm glad MrMac put out his first team, really wanted to test my teams ability. Not a bad result, only had 34% possession :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement