Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another evening, another potential transfer blocked by chairmen.

Do top level chairmen block transfers to low level clubs? Feels more like it could be agent problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree and I am totally against the transfer window. I have played it in other game worlds and it only benefits the big teams.

Real life managers need to contend with this! Im all for it and I manage in division 4!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ive handled 35(26in - 9out) transfers(so far) in the first 2wks of this GW, not sure a 1month window would make much of a difference ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The transfer window I'm suggesting is only one month like, 4(?) league games is all. It would be good having a cooling off period after the hundreds of transfers that have been done, and a break from the constant bidding and rejecting. It will be good because people will have to prepare for the month of no transfers ahead. If we say the 30th of April is the deadline, managers will have to get whatever transfers they need in before that. Managers will probably learn a lot more about their teams in a month with no transfers, without players leaving and coming in, moral all over the place.

The transfer window I'm suggesting is only one month like, 4(?) league games is all. It would be good having a cooling off period after the hundreds of transfers that have been done, and a break from the constant bidding and rejecting. It will be good because people will have to prepare for the month of no transfers ahead. If we say the 30th of April is the deadline, managers will have to get whatever transfers they need in before that. Managers will probably learn a lot more about their teams in a month with no transfers, without players leaving and coming in, moral all over the place.

Whist I agree with the idea of the transfer window, it is for different reasons, I'm not going to lie.....

I wanna see people sweat!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Real life managers need to contend with this! Im all for it and I manage in division 4!!!!

Eh this is just a game, its not real, you do know that don't you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm against it personally.

It leaves teams in the lower Divs in a bad position... Its ok to say

"Oh you now have to prepare for no transfer window"

But how can teams in the lower Divs prepare when they have no cash or backup players?

The only way for lower level teams to make money is via the transfer market with smart purchases and selling at a profit.

Unless the Div1 team want to start giving handouts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I bow to others opinions on the transfer window - seems it would not necessarily be a good thing.

Anyway, kinda disappointed with drawing 1-1 away in Moscow tonight - 62% posession, 8 corners to 1, 8 shots on target. Not a bad thing to be disappointed with an away draw I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lost 2-1 to Real Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I can see both side of the arguement for the Transfer Window, personally as I said previously I am against it, anyway it won't happen this season as I don't think you can edit the advanced rules of a game once it has started so this argument is redunant until the season ends.

• Advertisement

Eh this is just a game, its not real, you do know that don't you :D

If its just a game then don't worry so much about the transfer window just benifiting the 'big' teams ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

OK Man don't rub it in!! :mad:

Paris SG

Sorry but I want to make the most of winning. It won't last forever unfortunately

For Sale: 89 rated 25yr old D(RC)

I had no intention of selling this lad, but got tasty offer from a team, which I accepted, and then it was withdrawn by the other team... so I though ... I had consined my self to loosing him so on the tranfer list he's went.

Nicolás OTAMENDI - 25 - 89 - D(RC) - 16.6m

FC Porto

1. Not everyone is going to be having problems dealing with accepting and rejecting numerous bids. I don't think I've had a single bid from another player for anyone on my team yet. Consider yourself very lucky if that's a problem you're having :P

2. The bids will die down as time goes on and people finalize their team/run out of money; on a personal note, I've shifted as many players as I can afford to and have spent most of my funds, so can't see myself being able to make bids anytime soon. So the number will naturally die down and drift off.

3. If transfers were turned off, I don't know what else there'd be to do in the game at the moment. I'd worry an "off period" would simply encourage people to log in Monday, set their tactics and not log in again till Sunday. Transfers remaining open all the time might actually encourage activity.

3. If transfers were turned off, I don't know what else there'd be to do in the game at the moment. I'd worry an "off period" would simply encourage people to log in Monday, set their tactics and not log in again till Sunday. Transfers remaining open all the time might actually encourage activity.

Actually thats a very good point that I had overlooked, I guess the game would be a bit more boring if we could not transfer and people might loose interest?

Actually thats a very good point that I had overlooked, I guess the game would be a bit more boring if we could not transfer and people might loose interest?

I just know that right now, 90% of my log in time is spent clicking on the transfer tab to see if my offers have been accepted :P

I just know that right now, 90% of my log in time is spent clicking on the transfer tab to see if my offers have been accepted :P

Know that feeling!!!!

If they are external clubs your wasting your time man, won't be accepted until 12.30 or so tonight (well tomorrow morn!)

Managed clubs are worse as you have to wait until they are online!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

1. Not everyone is going to be having problems dealing with accepting and rejecting numerous bids. I don't think I've had a single bid from another player for anyone on my team yet. Consider yourself very lucky if that's a problem you're having :P

2. The bids will die down as time goes on and people finalize their team/run out of money; on a personal note, I've shifted as many players as I can afford to and have spent most of my funds, so can't see myself being able to make bids anytime soon. So the number will naturally die down and drift off.

I agree with all this...also the point about mailing lads not too do transfers.what if an external club bids during our "window" I've played game worlds before with this and it doesn't work.people get board very quickly.

At the moment this game world hasn't much money and the better players aren't moving around much but that will all change.

Lads am I the only one that can't seem to watch a match these days without 'scouting' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'm saving up all my cash (made 5mil last week from match income :D ) until all the good players develop concerns & ask to leave

you shall be pillaged :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I'm saving up all my cash (made 5mil last week from match income :D ) until all the good players develop concerns & ask to leave

you shall be pillaged :pac::pac::pac:

5 mil from match income :eek::eek::eek:

Gutted watching Match of the Day, If only they didn't sign Carzola & Monreal!!

5 mil from match income :eek::eek::eek:

yeah :pac: 5,336,567 i made

had a home game 69k+ at it & then a CL home game too, only 58.5k at that but the CL game income bumped it a bit

lost 2/2 in the league though so need to sort that out to keep attendances up

& in away weeks i only lost 181,092

that's one of the reasons i picked Bayern, big stadium, when it was decided to go with the 'big' teams setup, all the big teams make massive money from home income if doing well

I agree with all this...also the point about mailing lads not too do transfers.what if an external club bids during our "window" I've played game worlds before with this and it doesn't work.people get board very quickly.

At the moment this game world hasn't much money and the better players aren't moving around much but that will all change.

If a 92 rated FC(in) and MC(out), a 90 rated GK(out) and a 89 rated DC(Tld) count as better players then I've been doing my bit for shiftin some of the afore mentioned 'better' players.:D

Gald I have been able to help ...:cool:

had a home game 69k+ at it & then a CL home game too, only 58.5k at that but the CL game income bumped it a bit

that's one of the reasons i picked Bayern, big stadium, when it was decided to go with the 'big' teams setup, all the big teams make massive money from home income if doing well

how do you get into the CL?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    how do you get into the CL?

normally you need to finish top 4 in division 1

5-10 i think get in the EL

but i think the first season in this was just done random by the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I picked Napoli for the same reason, massive stadium, problem is it was only half full this week:D:D

normally you need to finish top 4 in division 1

5-10 i think get in the EL

but i think the first season in this was just done random by the game

Cant believe the game didnt see porto as shoe ins for a spot in CL :rolleyes:

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I picked Napoli for the same reason, massive stadium, problem is it was only half full this week:D:D

even when it is, it'll still more than a lot of teams full attendance & decent money :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Maldjd23 wrote: »

My stadium can hold 47,284 but the average attendance is 27,140 :(:(
    Atleast I'm not Dynamo Kyiv, their stadium can hold 70,000 but the average attendance is 19,683....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement