Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

standard of construction work in Australia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

hussey wrote: »
    Mod lads enough. Aussie it doesn't have to be your duty on all threads to defend Australia whenever someone has an issue. The last 10posts have just gone round and round. Either move on or thread closed.

I think you are giving this thread far to much credit myself right from the very first post of
    aido79 wrote: »
    I'm not saying the irish are better tradesmen but I do think we work to a higher standard. I'm just wondering what other tradies think.

The next 30 posts spiral downwards from there. The only post I really agree with is this to be honest.
    Whats happening in OZ is just a replica of what happened here.

Just to clarify, I don't feel the need to defend Australia at every turn, if the place was perfect I would be living there now, if you see these two threads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056888322

And bar two blokes who failed to grasp the concept of this thread, I had a good laugh out of this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056702264

Threads like this one and their ilk remind me of conversations with the Polish (the ones who are long gone) who always felt the need to run around telling all and sundry how good they and their fellow countrymen were and how much better Poland was than Ireland In a insecure attempt of self promotion which ultimately ended up with them not even being able to work their way out of a corner. Like this thread here I did not entertain their concept of Master Tradesmen either, so being honest you may as well lock this one up it started in the gutter and worked its way down from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Aussie if you could make an actual arguement about the subject then perhaps we would have had an interesting thread, instead you have personally had a go at me, took a swipe at mellor, you also claiming that every Irish person involved in construction who has gone to australia is a chancer and the whole lot of us are brogan's and now to top it all you have a swipe at the polish.... can you spot the problem at all??

No6 wrote: »
    Aussie if you could make an actual arguement about the subject then perhaps we would have had an interesting thread, instead you have personally had a go at me, took a swipe at mellor, you also claiming that every Irish person involved in construction who has gone to australia is a chancer and the whole lot of us are boagans and now to top it all you have a swipe at the polish.... can you spot the problem at all??

It should never have been an argument in the first place, it was never going to be a healthy debate either, it was a insecure cry right from the first post, so it was never going to be a interesting thread.

By the way, Boagans are Australian Scumbags, they are the one who are taking Ice on the weekends because its out of their system for any site tests during the week. So unless you are doing Drugs on weekends it does not include "the whole of us".

It did not stop you making sweeping generalisations about Australian Builders, Stones and Glass Houses my friend.

As for the Polish, even the Polish I work with now comment on how embarasing they were. They use words that sounds like whoareyou and coulvar when describing them, so your point is slightly invalid I'm afraid.

Edit: I have covered the Chancers thing previously, see below if you missed it first time around

The Aussie wrote: »
    Nah no dig there, a statement of fact, anyone still here who has weathered the storm thus far that I deal with has been doing something right, the incompetent ones are gone. I don't know where and I don't care to be honest, so yes the chancers are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I am making statements about actual australian builders I have met, I am dealing with them every day. I am also refering to the low standards required in the australian regulations which is in my opinon at least 20 years behind Irelands, the nett effect of which will be in 10 to 20 years the vast majority of australian housing stock will require serious retro fitting or demolition to get to any useful modern standard and who will suffer the ordinary australian for the most part!! I think we in Ireland badly missed the boat with our boom and australia is doing the exact same thing and all you can do is insult us for saying so.

Have you even bothered reading the very first post yet???
    It is referring to the standard of Workmanship of Irish Tradesmen being superior to that of the Australian Tradesmen, I'm saying that that is a steaming load, the rest is all part of the same slurry truck of insults and broad sweeping generalisations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod warning ignored - thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement