Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willow Park

Options
  • 27-02-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I took my life into my own hands the other day and was driving around Willow Park. It's a pity the place has ended up the way it is, there's some fine houses in there. What ever happened the place? From what I can see and have heard the owners of the houses moved out and let the houses to students who then moved out to the apartments near the college when they were built, which meant the owners had to sell to the council, who moved in a couple of 'undesirables'.

There was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier walking around the place, couldn't believe it, no owner around at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Myself and Mrs Demanufactured went down there for a spin last year for a look....went down the back of Meadowbrooke where the bungalows are.
    There was a kid aged maybe 4 years old standing at the gate of a house swinging a lump hammer around....he look at us and said "keep drivin" no joke.
    I LOLed

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GavinFlud

Being a student in the college, it's frightening that amount of students that opt to steer clear of it when renting (even with the relatively low prices). Usually 1st years will rent a house in there and they rarely make the same mistake the next year. Ironically though, there's probably been quite a number of students who have contributed to it's current state and reputation.

It's a pity because it's in a decent location relative to the town and has some very nice houses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Had a look on daft. Can buy a decent 4 bed for €35,000 in Willow Park. Too bad the house would be burnt to the ground once I'd have it done up or some yob trying to squat in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Itzy wrote: »
    Had a look on daft. Can buy a decent 4 bed for €35,000 in Willow Park. Too bad the house would be burnt to the ground once I'd have it done up or some yob trying to squat in it.

A fella did knock on the door one night during rag week and when we refused to ring him a taxi threatened to come back and burn our house down. Nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sounds like a delightful young fella. I'd only drive through that place in an armoured vehicle and while shooting anything that moves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement